Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ExoticVM - Listing exotic VPS locations (BETA) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ExoticVM - Listing exotic VPS locations (BETA)

Comments

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@Eased said:
    Looks nice, good job. I was sad when exoticvps dropped off the map.

Same here :( dunno where @Mr.X is

@Ole_Juul said:
    Looks nice and is functional. However, those are HIGH end offers - as opposed to LOW end - if you know what I mean (nudge nudge wink wink). Even your 50% off "Current Offer" is 10 bucks per month, which is more than 7 bucks. At least the way I see it.

Thanks. Yeah but the site is not specific to the LE audience. Its for the general public. Also, you'll rarely find LE pricing for exotic locations.

• BlaZe said: Thanks. Yeah but the site is not specific to the LE audience. Its for the general public. Also, you'll rarely find LE pricing for exotic locations.

Totally understand. :) Hopefully some lower end offers will show up. There are a few bottom end offers in Russia, Singapore, Bulgaria, and India, for instance - like in the $5 per year range.

@Ole_Juul said:
    Totally understand. :) Hopefully some lower end offers will show up. There are a few bottom end offers in Russia, Singapore, Bulgaria, and India, for instance - like in the $5 per year range.

Please provide me with the links/info and I'll add them.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited May 2017

I've been thinking about co-locating 1 or 2 servers in a local datacenter in my city as well as getting a /24 from a source that can lease them out at $100/month, and starting VPS hosting which would be in midwest Indiana with connectivity to things like this and equinix chicago, level3, etc.

I probably wouldn't get enough people to make enough money to pay for the monthly costs of colocation (which is 200/month for a 2U server in this DC) and IPs, plus since this host/DC in question peers with at least 2 universities in this state and even my credit union/bank, people would probably try and abuse and portscan their networks, ddos, etc, and then I get an email from NOC at said university and they think I was responsible for it because it came from a /24 with my name on it when really it was some asshole abuser, sadly enough, plus I'd end up launching in the summer and even though I would have invested around $500 or so in this I'd still get called a summer host as well, overall the negatives outweigh the positives, and then there would be people engaging in chargeback fraud for no reason like what I usually see, or someone sends a UDP flood, I suspend their VPS, email them their files and drop their IP from the WHMCS/control panel website, and bam chargeback, yeah I don't really feel like dealing with that, not ready to hire a lawyer either and dispute that bs in US court, maybe one day when I do I will try.

• BlaZe said: Please provide me with the links/info and I'll add them.

They're all well known and listed here: http://lowendstock.com/

My mention of Singapore, however, is slightly sarcastic. :) There's a cheap offer from i86.net, but it has been down for over a week. See here: https://i-83.net/ I've got a thread on that, but hoping they'll come back or I'll find another offering there.

@Ole_Juul said:
    They're all well known and listed here: http://lowendstock.com/

Thanks. Will add the exotic locations from there.

• 127001127001 Member

Neat site. I like the colors. Use anything special to code it?

• dwtbfdwtbf Member

@127001 said:

Notepad, Google

edited May 2017

@127001 said:

Thanks. Used Brackets.io & Photoshop (for the logo)

@dwtbf said:
    Notepad, Google

WRONG!

• XeiXei Member

It's interesting. It would be useful to have prices display in a single currency.

@Xei said:
    It's interesting. It would be useful to have prices display in a single currency.

Thanks. Noted. Will update it shortly.

Site has been updated.

Now outbound link tracking is also added. The hosters who have submitted via the Form can request for statistics.

• ArchArch Member

I see you're listing a Singapore VPS, so you might as well add AWS to the list then too? They offer a Singapore location, in addition to Mumbai, Seoul, Sydney, Tokyo, Frankfurt, Sau Paulo.

Source, including pricing: https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/on-demand/

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • Is there any resources in India?

@Arch_Liam said:
    I see you're listing a Singapore VPS, so you might as well add AWS to the list then too? They offer a Singapore location, in addition to Mumbai, Seoul, Sydney, Tokyo, Frankfurt, Sau Paulo.

Thanks will add them.

@catding said:
    Is there any resources in India?

Resources in India ? Please elaborate what you're trying to ask.

• yes, I am looking for some india vps.

@BlaZe said:

@Arch_Liam said:

Thanks will add them.

@catding said:

@catding said:
    yes, I am looking for some india vps.

@BlaZe said:

@Arch_Liam said:

Thanks will add them.

@catding said:

Look no more! India VPS - Dranzel
    Or if you want a node in India to make VPS, I can provide you with that too. Message me and we'll take it further from there.

• @catding said:

Get something in the EU, latency won't be too bad (~ 100-150 ms) and you'll get much better specs. Bandwidth here is simply too costly for good deals to be available.

edited June 2017

Important:

Thank you LET Community for supporting me in this project. I'm trying to code a similar design in Bootstrap (yeah, trying out bootstrap for the first time) so it will take a while before you'll can see the updated content on the site.

1 Week Statistics on outbound click (I know its less but hey we are catching up :))

Also, if any host would like to get the click statistics, feel free to send an email on

• Some Indian friends need it...

@advarisk said:

@catding said:

Get something in the EU, latency won't be too bad (~ 100-150 ms) and you'll get much better specs. Bandwidth here is simply too costly for good deals to be available.

edited June 2017

@catding said:
    Some Indian friends need it...

Please visit India VPS

Updates:

• Recoded the design using Bootstrap for better responsive display.
    • Added keyCode event to focus on the search input when any key is pressed. (In lay man's term, if you type anything on the webpage it will automatically take your cursor to the search box, you do not have to manually click on the search field to search. Try it out!)
    • Updated the list

Again, thanks to the LET community for helping me with the list.

• https://www.exoticvm.com/ has gotten a few more additions, this is very nice, a few providers that are also on LET as well are on there too

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • edited June 2017

@BlaZe

Vultr AUS is now 1GB, not 512MB.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited June 2017

I think now that its 2017 Australia should not be classed as an exotic location for a vm, once OVH drops the cloud servers its GG for most of these overpriced junkies

Thanked by 2MikeA Pwner

@ethancedrik said:
    https://www.exoticvm.com/ has gotten a few more additions, this is very nice, a few providers that are also on LET as well are on there too

Thanks. Yeah most of the hosts listed have been picked up from LET itself xD

@Dextronox said:
    Vultr AUS is now 1GB, not 512MB.

Oh my bad, but the submission which I got had AUS as 512MB. Anyways I corrected it. Thank you.

@corbpie said:
    I think now that its 2017 Australia should not be classed as an exotic location for a vm, once OVH drops the cloud servers its GG for most of these overpriced junkies

Well, yeah but that way, even Singapore won't be considered as exotic as there are so many VPS providers now because of OVH, LeaseWeb & others.

• VPSlicesVPSlices Member
    edited June 2017

@BlaZe

Japan's flag for Vultr is not the right one:

Thanked by 1BlaZe
    edited June 2017

@VPSlices said:
    @BlaZe

Japan's flag for Vultr is not the right one:

Thanks man ! Fixed it.

Update:

• Dropped Bootstrap's Glyphicons & reverted to FontAwesome again (Glyphicons are shitty, FontAwesome <3)
    • Added Payment Methods as popover on the Price (hover on the price to see the payment methods which the host accepts) (will update the data shortly)

Upcoming Update:

• Hovering on price will display Payment Gateways/Mediums accepted by the host.

Update:

• Few more host have been added.
    • The amount of outbound clicks have increased

Will need more time to code a member panel where the host can check how many clicks his plan/package/offer is getting.

• noamannoaman Member

Make the table header sortable by clicking on it...

By HDD size, bandwitch etc

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

If someone is offering VPSs from like Hawaii or Alaska or US Virgin Islands would these still not count as it's technically still the US?