Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ExoticVM - Listing exotic VPS locations (BETA) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ExoticVM - Listing exotic VPS locations (BETA)

13»

Comments

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@noaman said:
    Make the table header sortable by clicking on it...

By HDD size, bandwitch etc

Yes on it.

@ethancedrik said:
    If someone is offering VPSs from like Hawaii or Alaska or US Virgin Islands would these still not count as it's technically still the US?

Might add it later though. Thanks :D

• HeeroHeero Member

If Columns could be hide, it wolud be nice.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
    edited September 2017

@endlesslhk said:
    If Columns could be hide, it wolud be nice.

Hide columns ? hmm

Site has been updated. Column sorting has been added (@noaman)

• You have nice designed logo ;)

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited September 2017

@TheLinuxBug said:

BlaZe said: Thanks :D nah no web scraping, its manual for now. Just wanted to keep things pretty straightforward. I know the internet is public & even the information about a host's plans/packages/offers is public but still would prefer to get permission from the host before using "their" information on my website.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. Who wouldn't want free advertising?

@raindog308 seems to have beat me to the other points I was going to make in his reply, but I think you get the idea..

Cheers!

Not sure someone would want "free publicity" on websites like ShamelessHosts (down, but if you know what it is, you'll get it.)

@rumi4 said:
    You have nice designed logo ;)

Thanks ! :)

@FlamesRunner said:
    Not sure someone would want "free publicity" on websites like ShamelessHosts (down, but if you know what it is, you'll get it.)

What are you trying to imply ?

• @BlaZe

Just trying to say that not all publicity, free or paid, is good.

Thanked by 1BlaZe

@FlamesRunner said:
    @BlaZe

Just trying to say that not all publicity, free or paid, is good.

Yeah. That'ss why I wanted the hosts themselves to submit which did not turn as expected.

Anyways, updated the content, cleaned a little bit of code.

Announcement

I have ported everything to Wordpress now because it was getting a bit tedious to update the static HTML file. I did got suggestions to self-code a simple CMS for this but its beyond my coding skills (I'm still amateur when it comes to scripting).

The site has a lot of bugs, if the community can help me in pointing them out, I'd be more than happy :)

Also, the content is being updated slowly so please check after few days for more updated list of hosts.

Feel free to submit Exotic VPS hosts and do suggest what you would like to see more on the site (I cannot promise that it will be done but I'll try my best)

Thank you!

Todo:

• Contact form
    • Submit form (discarding the Google form)
    • Dropdown to convert currency
    • Small changes to the UI/UX (colours, etc)
  • WSSWSS Member

Enjoy being hacked by ${4th_world_country} when you ignore it for a week. Good luck.

@WSS said:
    Enjoy being hacked by ${4th_world_country} when you ignore it for a week. Good luck.

Thanked by 2WSS randvegeta