Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ExoticVM - Listing exotic VPS locations (BETA)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ExoticVM - Listing exotic VPS locations (BETA)

BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
edited May 2017 in General

ExoticVM - Find VPS in Exotic Locations (BETA)

ExoticVM is actually inspired from ExoticVPS.com (by Mr.X) which has been down from few months and was not up-to-date. So I created this simple website just to list all hosts offering VPS in exotic locations. It is currently in BETA and I have a lot of stuff planned in. But before rolling out new changes the site needs to be filled with valid & relevant data. I could not fill it without prior permission from the web hosts.

Why was the site created?

I saw many users here making threads like "Looking for VPS in ABCD country" so perhaps ExoticVM.com might help. Although I had the plan to make a VPS location list website way back in 2013 but wasn't really motivated to do it.

How to list your company?

Its easy, just fill this Google Form and we'll review & verify the details. Once all the necessary checks have be performed, the VPS plan/package will be added on site.

Thanked by 2ValdikSS nexusrain

Comments

• noennoen Member

@BlaZe said:
    I could not fill it without prior permission from the web hosts.

Why? If they have a website, its not like its a secret..

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

BlaZe said: I could not fill it without prior permission from the web hosts.

I like the idea, but I also don't get this part. You don't need a host's permission to list his prices.

Unless you're talking about some kind of "hey mr host! I'm going to scrape your site every 30 minutes, ok?" thing...which will be a broken nightmare every time any hosts updates their HTML.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2017

BlaZe said: I could not fill it without prior permission from the web hosts.

Understanding public internet and commercial selling on public websites

^

|

|

|

|

|

v

You

Much space between that 2 things.

Also not to forget that a provider that provides services in locations they regard as "exotic" and runs such a website is an inherent interest conflict...

About and Contact links broken, no reference that the site is owned by you either...

• alexnjhalexnjh Member

I understand its in beta, but it just seems like a page write up in less than an hr without much effort putting in yet.

• GravelyGravely Member

@masterqqq said:
    I understand its in beta, but it just seems like a page write up in less than an hr without much effort putting in yet.

i mean i agree where you are coming from, but at the same time its quick and easy to find a host without having to go through pages after pages.

Thanked by 2BlaZe Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@noen said:
    Why? If they have a website, its not like its a secret..

Yes it isn't a secret but still having a prior confirmation from the host to list "their" plans/packages would keep things on track.

@raindog308 said:
    I like the idea, but I also don't get this part. You don't need a host's permission to list his prices.

Unless you're talking about some kind of "hey mr host! I'm going to scrape your site every 30 minutes, ok?" thing...which will be a broken nightmare every time any hosts updates their HTML.

Just wanted to keep things pretty straightforward. I know the internet is public & even the information about a host's plans/packages/offers is public but still would prefer to get permission from the host before using "their" information on my website.

@William said:
    Also not to forget that a provider that provides services in locations they regard as "exotic" and runs such a website is an inherent interest conflict...

About and Contact links broken, no reference that the site is owned by you either...

Hence, I want the host to submit the plans/packages. Yeah, it will be finished today.

@masterqqq said:

I focused on the other areas like Logo & UI/UX.

@Gravely said:
    i mean i agree where you are coming from, but at the same time its quick and easy to find a host without having to go through pages after pages.

Will update the page soon. Thanks.

• Looking to see some north korean vps offers ;-)

• GravelyGravely Member

@dedipromo said:
    Looking to see some north korean vps offers ;-)

NukeVPS

• m3gfm3gf Member

what about your south korea VPS plan .

edited May 2017

@dedipromo said:
    Looking to see some north korean vps offers ;-)

Ah Kim Jong-un won't give me permission for that xD

@Gravely said:
    NukeVPS

Is it owned by Kim Jong-un ? :D

@m3gf said:
    what about your south korea VPS plan .

Added.

edited May 2017

Update:

• Flags have been added.

• About Page has been updated

• FoulFoul Member

BlaZe said: Update

Signatures longer than most of your posts that fill significant portions of our screens. It should not be more than two lines, nor should it be distracting.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91400/lowendtalk-community-rules/p1

@jarland

edited May 2017

@Foul ? what ?
    My signature is of just two lines :( how is it filling the significant portions of the screen ? Neither it is distracting. Do you mean the "Current Offer" part in my signature ?

• FoulFoul Member

BlaZe said: what ?

I see you finally followed the rules and removed that graphic signature :-)

Sure love how you try to get away being sneaky.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@BlaZe said:
    @Foul ? what ?
    My signature is of just two lines :( how is it filling the significant portions of the screen ? Neither it is distracting. Do you mean the "Current Offer" part in my signature ?

Bear with him. He didn't sleep well today and needs an outlet for his bitterness.

Thanked by 2Foul BlaZe

@Foul said:
    I see you finally followed the rules and removed that graphic signature :-)
    Sure love how you try to get away being sneaky.

Ah! you were referring to the userbar ? I just put it on to see how it looks. You were too quick to respond to that lol.

• FoulFoul Member

BlaZe said: My signature is of just two lines :(

Nice edit to the post, and trying to say you didn't even have that userbar.

Then you finally admit to it.

Man your lies never are straight.

@Foul said:
    Nice edit to the post, and trying to say you didn't even have that userbar.

Then you finally admit to it.

Man your lies never are straight.

Lies ? huh ?
    Why would I lie ? what is there to lie ?

I just put that Userbar to see how it looks as signature and I immediately removed it. You were too quick to come here and make a reply.

This seems to be some misunderstanding. You seem to judge people too fast.

• FoulFoul Member
    edited May 2017

BlaZe said: This seems to be some misunderstanding

Initial post was just what ? then you edit it after i replied :-)

Stop trying to fool people... It was there for more than just a few mins.

edited May 2017

@Foul said:
    Initial post was just what ? then you edit it after i replied :-)

Stop trying to fool people... It was there for more than just a few mins.

Fool people ? How am I fooling people ? Care to elaborate ?

I did not even see your reply. I had it as signature, to see how it looks and I immediately removed it. Then I came here to check your reply. At first I thought the "Current Offer" part is what you are referring to. Then after your reply I realized that you were referring to that Userbar which I put & removed it immediately before even viewing your reply.

Oh and btw, on the Edit Signature page when you submit the signature it takes you to the Cloudflare Captcha Page, that might have added "few" seconds to it, making it to a minute perhaps ?

EDIT: I do not know if this VanillaForums script has a logging feature for user signature edit requests, if yes then perhaps the staff can check and verify it.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

BlaZe said: I know the internet is public & even the information about a host's plans/packages/offers is public but still would prefer to get permission from the host before using "their" information on my website.

Sorry that still makes no sense. You're a directory. You want to be as broad as possible. If you wait for a permission cycle with every host your site will fail because it'll take too long.

Sites should be glad you're linking them. And if they say no...so what? They can't say no because you're just repeating informationt that is public. They can't copyright their prices. Link 'em anyway! But why would anyone say no?

I really think your approach here is wrong but...it's your site, so party on.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
    edited May 2017

@raindog308 said:
    Sorry that still makes no sense. You're a directory. You want to be as broad as possible. If you wait for a permission cycle with every host your site will fail because it'll take too long.

Thanks. I'll start filling the data myself now

Sites should be glad you're linking them. And if they say no...so what? They can't say no because you're just repeating informationt that is public. They can't copyright their prices. Link 'em anyway! But why would anyone say no?

I really think your approach here is wrong but...it's your site, so party on.

Advice taken. Thanks again :)

• BlaZe said: Thanks :D nah no web scraping, its manual for now. Just wanted to keep things pretty straightforward. I know the internet is public & even the information about a host's plans/packages/offers is public but still would prefer to get permission from the host before using "their" information on my website.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. Who wouldn't want free advertising?

@raindog308 seems to have beat me to the other points I was going to make in his reply, but I think you get the idea..

Cheers!

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]

@TheLinuxBug said:
    This makes absolutely no sense at all. Who wouldn't want free advertising?

@raindog308 seems to have beat me to the other points I was going to make in his reply, but I think you get the idea..

Cheers!

True indeed. I am adding the plans/packages now but still would like to request the hosts to come up and submit as I require the LG & Test file details too (have planned something for future).

• GravelyGravely Member

an Australian Section would be awesome!

Thanked by 1BlaZe

@Gravely said:

Added.

Btw, anyone can submit hosts now, it would be better if you have tried them before you submit so that data submitted won't be erroneous.

Thank you all for the support.

• GravelyGravely Member

@BlaZe said:

@Gravely said:

Added.

Btw, anyone can submit hosts now, it would be better if you have tried them before you submit so that data submitted won't be erroneous.

Thank you all for the support.

https://intergrid.com.au - Another solid host

edited May 2017

@Gravely said:
    https://intergrid.com.au - Another solid host

Thanks.
    Had a conversation on their Live Chat, waiting for more information from them

• EasedEased Member, Host Rep

Looks nice, good job. I was sad when exoticvps dropped off the map.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • Looks nice and is functional. However, those are HIGH end offers - as opposed to LOW end - if you know what I mean (nudge nudge wink wink). Even your 50% off "Current Offer" is 10 bucks per month, which is more than 7 bucks. At least the way I see it.

Thanked by 1BlaZe