Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows server on aruba cloud 1€/month?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows server on aruba cloud 1€/month?

There is a way to install windows on the vps "small" ?

Comments

• no

• That's not possible. Sadly..

• BG32BG32 Member

Wouldn't be worth it

• It cost $6 per month itself, probably Aruba won't allow it for $1 :)

• if aruba had a rescue mode yes, but sadly they dont.

• @NetZDark said:
    There is a way to install windows on the vps "small" ?

There is (even without rescue mode) but for the sake of goodwill.

lets not load this VPS's with windows that will ruin the deal for all.

Thanked by 2jvnadr dedipromo
  • As long there is livecd, yes it's possible.

• no. please don't. too cheap mean badly services

• RonalBarbaren said: too cheap mean badly services

Have you tried them? If yes, what exactly is bad about them? If no, then, how do you get to the conclusion that they do offer badly services? Because I use them in production state (both Germany and Italy locations) and they are excellent for the price and fair enough compared to a lot of other providers.

• WHTWHT Member

What is not possible those days? Just wait for the right one to post it.

• @WHT said:
    What is not possible those days? Just wait for the right one to post it.

Someone already posted the guide few months ago, just need to bump it.

• NetZDarkNetZDark Member
    edited April 2017

@RonalBarbaren said:
    no. please don't. too cheap mean badly services

What do you want to have for 1 euro, Where do you find another hosting that gives you that hardware at 1 euro per month?

• yes its possible,, any linux + virualbox + windows

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • RonalBarbarenRonalBarbaren Member
    edited April 2017

jvnadr said: Have you tried them? If yes, what exactly is bad about them? If no, then, how do you get to the conclusion that they do offer badly services? Because I use them in production state (both Germany and Italy locations) and they are excellent for the price and fair enough compared to a lot of other providers.

NetZDark said: What do you want to have for 1 euro, Where do you find another hosting that gives you that hardware at 1 euro per month?

Hi all, I mean you guys stop trying to cheat or request too low price on server.
    I don't say Aruba 1euro bad, I want to say you guys should be pretend as a Hosting Provider, then what do you think and your move if your customers do it.

• RonalBarbaren said: Hi all, I mean you guys stop trying to cheat or request too low price on server. I don't say Aruba 1euro bad, I want to say you guys should be pretend as a Hosting Provider, then what do you think and your move if your customers do it.

First of all, if you want to communicate (even more, if you want to give advises here) learn some better English.
    Second, we are not all providers. I am just a customer.
    Third, who is trying to cheat? Us? Or a random "Ronal Barbaren" guy with 13 posts since 2013, that woke up some day and decided to bash any provider offers cheap vps for promo purposes (as this is the case with Aruba, a rather big for the facts of Italy provider who owns two datacenters, not a one-man-show summer hoster)?

To sum up: Cheap does not mean "bad services". Some times, certain cheap services are far better than some more expensive ones. Of course, this does not mean that cheap is always good. it always depends on the purposes, on who is providing the service, on the specs and on so many factors that cannot be fulfilled by crappy advises like this:

RonalBarbaren said: too cheap mean badly services

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

simple answer no, but some can install 4 instances inside of 1€ VPS and be able to resell it and make a profit. haha, jokes.

• nah, whatever, Aruba already provide Windows images, but you guys don't want use it, try to save some bucks although Aruba provide unbeatable prices. If you respect Aruba, don't try to trick or cheat.
    btw, yep, I came back from...a long time ago :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

RonalBarbaren said: If you respect Aruba, don't try to trick or cheat.

WTF is cheating here? You're paying the money and can use the VPS however you want.

RonalBarbaren said: you guys don't want use it, try to save some bucks

Well, this is LowEndTalk...

• ZealZeal Member
    edited April 2017

Loading a operating system into a service you paid for is cheating? Anyone here a expert in operating system law & policies? I'm interested in this topic, I never knew certain OS can implicate cheating. I thought as long as they don't specify or disallow it in their AUP, its fine.

• WSSWSS Member

@Zeal said:
    Loading a operating system into a service you paid for is cheating? Anyone here a expert in operating system law & policies? I'm interested in this topic, I never knew certain OS can implicate cheating. I thought as long as they don't specify or disallow it in their AUP, its fine.

debian tnx

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Zeal said: Anyone here a expert in operating system law & policies? I'm interested in this topic

In both Gwenneth vs. Kendar and Quick v. State of Oklahoma, the US Supreme Court ruled that you can install Windows on an Aruba 1EUR server.

• WSSWSS Member

It puts the fear in me that Oklahoma has learned about computers (or comp-u-taters, as they're colloquially known).

• ZealZeal Member

@raindog308 said:

Zeal said: Anyone here a expert in operating system law & policies? I'm interested in this topic

In both Gwenneth vs. Kendar and Quick v. State of Oklahoma, the US Supreme Court ruled that you can install Windows on an Aruba 1EUR server.

Thank you

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

They do offer Windows 2008/2012 for free unless it is CAL license.

• @Radi said:
    They do offer Windows 2008/2012 for free unless it is CAL license.

Only with 2gb plan, 1gb no.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@NetZDark Yeah, I just realised it after I looked down the page. It didn't allow me to select the 1 GB RAM plan anymore after choosing Windows.

• I have been trying (a few days) to get Windows working on aruba but didn't work. Probably won't work as they don't have a rescue system as well.

• @BlazeMuis said:
    I have been trying (a few days) to get Windows working on aruba but didn't work. Probably won't work as they don't have a rescue system as well.

In the 1 Euro VPS