Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Hosting

Hello,

I need some recommendation where I should buy Email Hosting from, I currently have my website and email hosted at Godaddy, the website is working fine and the speed is not too bad, but the email hosting with the webhosting is a joke outgoing email take ages to send and going to spam on Gmail etc, incoming very slow, webmail not loading half the time.

Am looking for Email hosting based on the EU only, my need are about 2-3 inbox each around 1-2gb in size am looking for a reliable host, any recommendation.

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited March 2017

@Jarland / mxroute, but the services are hosted in the US.

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep
  • Depending on you requirements there is also a reliable free solution that my company uses at https://domain.yandex.com/domains_add/

It is located in Russia so their laws apply but you can read more by going to this blog here:
    https://www.blogsynthesis.com/yandex-mail-setup-for-custom-domains/

• WSSWSS Member
    edited March 2017

Move your website too- You might think GoDaddy is fine, but to the other 95% of the world, it's slow and likely less than half your images load. :D

• I used to migrate 5 GoDaddy customers a day from a previous provider I worked at. 150-200 customers a month.

MxRoute or find a VPS then install MailCow if you're able to self-manage it. MxRoute is probably better long term to maintain your sanity.

• Any plans to locate a server in the EU (or UK) @jarland ?

I'm sure you'd clean up if you did.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2017

@alaningus said:
    Any plans to locate a server in the EU (or UK) @jarland ?

I'm sure you'd clean up if you did.

I've thought about it but I dunno. Any suggestions on solid providers in the region? I'd be looking for, at minimum, E3 + 32GB + 4x 2TB with HW RAID, /27 IPv4, no termination for receiving DDOS (null route fine). Someone I could count on for a bit more support and more direct server access than OVH.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@jarland: Hetzner. Even a server from their server auction would do.

Thanked by 3jar WSS inthecloudblog
  • RazzaRazza Member

jarland said: E3 + 32GB + 4x 2TB with HW RAID, /27 IPv4

I understand your requirement server spec wise, if you don't mind me asking why do even need a /27 IPv4 (32 ip's), i know in your current product line outgoing is sent via a relay it was originally Mailchannels now it's Mailcheap.

@Razza said:

jarland said: E3 + 32GB + 4x 2TB with HW RAID, /27 IPv4

I understand your requirement server spec wise, if you don't mind me asking why do even need a /27 IPv4 (32 ip's), i know in your current product line outgoing is sent via a relay it was originally Mailchannels now it's Mailcheap.

Actually right now it's MailCheap, MailChannels, and in-house relays. Outgoing relay is randomly selected from a list on each send. As for the /27 it's more about having alternate, unadvertised entry points to the server. Backup server enters into each server on an IP that is used only for it, mitigation tunnels over others, etc.

• LunaNode.

Pricing: We charge $0.2/mo per GB of storage used (rounded up to the nearest GB and billed hourly) and $0.1 per 1,000 e-mails sent. The first 5,000 e-mails each month and the first 1 GB of storage are free, assuming you use at least $3 credit on other services in the current calendar month. Note that e-mails forwarded to external accounts via aliases are counted as e-mails sent.

• @Whimere mxroute FTW

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • RazzaRazza Member

pcfreak30 said: mxroute FTW

Mxroute is very good email provider, i don't think server's in Dallas, TX is going to work for @whimere requirement of EU only.

• jarland said: I've thought about it but I dunno. Any suggestions on solid providers in the region? I'd be looking for, at minimum, E3 + 32GB + 4x 2TB with HW RAID, /27 IPv4, no termination for receiving DDOS (null route fine). Someone I could count on for a bit more support and more direct server access than OVH.

Hit me up on Skype or via Message. Perhaps there's something I can do.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Razza said:
    i don't think server's in Dallas, TX is going to work for @whimere requirement of EU only.

Seeing as somehow OZ competes in Eurovision, maybe TX could become an honorary member of the EU?

Thanked by 1WSS

@alaningus said:

@Razza said:
    i don't think server's in Dallas, TX is going to work for @whimere requirement of EU only.

Seeing as somehow OZ competes in Eurovision, maybe TX could become an honorary member of the EU?

I've declared my house to be its own country. No one has challenged me yet. I'm building my own military to protect my claim. It consists 100% of pissed off cats and a toddler that screams "I'm hungry" until you pull your hair out, no matter how much you feed her.

• WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:

@alaningus said:

@Razza said:

I've declared my house to be its own country. No one has challenged me yet. I'm building my own military to protect my claim. It consists 100% of pissed off cats and a toddler that screams "I'm hungry" until you pull your hair out, no matter how much you feed her.

You might want to be careful. Even as a sovereign entity, you're dumping those toxic diapers on US soil. That could be considered an act of terrorism.

Thanked by 3jar switsys doghouch
  • HxxxHxxx Member

I highly recommend mxroute, tho I have an account with them and haven't even touched it. Great service :)

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2017

Migadu.com is in CH, pm me if you want a discount code (25% off first year iirc).

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2017

jarland said: Any suggestions on solid providers in the region? I'd be looking for, at minimum, E3 + 32GB + 4x 2TB with HW RAID, /27 IPv4, no termination for receiving DDOS (null route fine). Someone I could count on for a bit more support and more direct server access than OVH.

online.net especially if you buy their commercial support package is a possibility. I don't see that exact config there, but some of the machines are customizeable, and they have regular and HA SAN storage available (€10/TB/mo and €20/TB/mo respectively). The HA is replicated across two data centers.

Also Hetzner, there are some 4 drive HW raid machines in the server auction, or you can order a regular server with a flexipack (higher cost).

Edit: fix currency symbol, $ -> €.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

jarland said: I've thought about it but I dunno. Any suggestions on solid providers in the region? I'd be looking for, at minimum, E3 + 32GB + 4x 2TB with HW RAID, /27 IPv4, no termination for receiving DDOS (null route fine). Someone I could count on for a bit more support and more direct server access than OVH.

We use Hetzner and love it, everything. Really solid.

But there's @Clouvider too. Dominik is an excellent guy to deal/speak with.

Thanked by 1jar
  • yandex offer free email for domain

• I dunno if overseas hosting can help a US company from a privacy perspective. Micro$oft and Amazon have been fighting big legal battles over that. I'm not sure of the current state of play. But it doesn't seem like something a small company could deal with.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for recommending @MikePT.

We would be more than happy to help @Jarland ;-).

Thanked by 2MikePT jar
  • miziki said: you can refer yandex.com or zoho.com free email for your domain

Zoho is a India corp, Yandex is from Russia non are from the EU

@Clouvider @MikePT @K4Y5 @DigitalFyre @Razza @Hxxx
    doughmanes @WSS

Don't Sidetrack talking about a us email provider, about moving site from godaddy, and talking about server spec.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited March 2017

Whimere said: Don't Sidetrack talking about a us email provider, about moving site from godaddy, and talking about server spec.

Hmm, I might of side tracked it a bit, asking Jarland why he need a /27 for a mail server, but in the end it's a discussion broad.

I don't think am going to listen to a member with 1 old day account and one post, telling me not to side track a topic.

Btw you must be a dumb arse going with Godaddy everyone with a brain know they are crap.

@Whimere said:
    Don't Sidetrack talking about a us email provider, about moving site from godaddy, and talking about server spec.

Having discussions within discussions is allowed here.

• Razza said: Btw you must be a dumb arse going with Godaddy everyone with a brain know they are crap.

That not very nice I have reported you to the admin's.

jarland said: Having discussions within discussions is allowed here.

OK

Ok, I'm not acting on this report because this is insanity:

He, said Btw you must be a dumb arse going with Godaddy everyone with a brain know they are crap.

>

I what him banned or give a warning in the next 24h or I will be calling the police, this is abuse

Thanked by 2netomx datako