Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't we even raised PayPal dispute?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can't we even raised PayPal dispute?

As title, why can't we raised a dispute on PayPal for non delivery after say 12 days despite raising multiple support tickets?

And in the end being added in the fraud record.

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2017

You can even after much less than 12 days.
    Adding to fraud record is a shitty move too, but only if you asked for a refund before and the host didn't own it.

• LetisbestLetisbest Member
    edited February 2017

@Maounique said:
    Adding to fraud record is a shitty move too, but only if you asked for a refund before and the host didn't own it.

Yes I was added in the fraud record even after closing the dispute on PayPal whereby the issue has been resolved with the vendor.

• Nothing wrong with raising a Paypal dispute if you've tried to work things out with a provider and given them a reasonable amount of time to figure things out.

Name and shame.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Maounique
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Letisbest said:

@Maounique said:

Yes I was added in the fraud record even after closing the dispute on PayPal whereby the issue has been resolved with the vendor.

12 days no delivery and took dispute to resolve? I'd guess that no one takes their fraudrecord report seriously. I ignore fraudrecord reports constantly based on who filed them.

Thanked by 2vimalware Maounique
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

Letisbest said: As title, why can't we raised a dispute on PayPal for non delivery after say 12 days despite raising multiple support tickets?

Hi, do you think it is possible to give any less specific information, or was this designed to be a 2 line rant that everyone ignores?

If it was not supposed to be a rant then my guess is that it was delivered, you forgot your root password and refused to reset it yourself, considered that none delivery so you filed a 'received damaged goods claim'?

Am I close?

• @jarland said:

@Letisbest said:

@Maounique said:

12 days no delivery and took dispute to resolve? I'd guess that no one takes their fraudrecord report seriously. I ignore fraudrecord reports constantly based on who filed them.

It amazes me some of the crap on FR. I can think of one provider whose name begins with D who has a record for just about everyone 'paid invoice a day late' 'opened more than 1 ticket each month' 'used nearly all of his bandwidth allocation'.

Thanked by 2jar Maounique
    edited February 2017

VortexMagnus said: It amazes me some of the crap on FR. I can think of one provider whose name begins with D who has a record for just about everyone 'paid invoice a day late' 'opened more than 1 ticket each month' 'used nearly all of his bandwidth allocation'.

I used to post those as a public shaming exercise to try and get hosts to stop doing that sort of crap, it was designed to weed about actual service abusers and fraudsters, not to let everyone know how that particular transaction went.

I soon gave up and when I concluded that you cant change stupid.

Thanked by 1VortexMagnus
  • >

'used nearly all of his bandwidth allocation'.

Jesus.

Full name please so people can avoid a provider that shames users who actually use the resources they bought.

Thanked by 1geekalot

teamacc said: Full name please so people can avoid a provider that shames users who actually use the resources they bought.

If only it was just 1 name :)

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @VortexMagnus said:
    one provider whose name begins with D who has a record for just about everyone

MAGNUS, DID I WIN? DID I WIN?? OMG

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • VortexMagnusVortexMagnus Member
    edited February 2017

@teamacc said:

>

'used nearly all of his bandwidth allocation'.

Jesus.

Full name please so people can avoid a provider that shames users who actually use the resources they bought.

Just use a process of Delimination.

@Yura said:

@VortexMagnus said:
    one provider whose name begins with D who has a record for just about everyone

MAGNUS, DID I WIN? DID I WIN?? OMG

No.

• YuraYura Member
    edited February 2017

Delete my answer then, if there is a limit for one error only.

:/

edited February 2017

I saw one so bad the other day from a host that I had to let the customer know so they knew to ask for it to be removed, it was so stupid.

• @AnthonySmith said:

Letisbest said: As title, why can't we raised a dispute on PayPal for non delivery after say 12 days despite raising multiple support tickets?

Hi, do you think it is possible to give any less specific information, or was this designed to be a 2 line rant that everyone ignores?

If it was not supposed to be a rant then my guess is that it was delivered, you forgot your root password and refused to reset it yourself, considered that none delivery so you filed a 'received damaged goods claim'?

Am I close?

Is a cheap nat vps.

Ranting?...Nope.. Even if I am, it couldn't be worst than the provider which placed customers under fraud record despite the dispute being closed and settled at paypal?

You working for the company?

• @Letisbest said:

Yeah. @AnthonySmith works for #5/hr coding PHP.

Thanked by 1johnnymatt
  • @WSS said:

@Letisbest said:

Yeah. @AnthonySmith works for #5/hr coding PHP.

Oh I see.
    Btw I found this by chance over at wht.

This place is good.

• @AnthonySmith said:

VortexMagnus said: It amazes me some of the crap on FR. I can think of one provider whose name begins with D who has a record for just about everyone 'paid invoice a day late' 'opened more than 1 ticket each month' 'used nearly all of his bandwidth allocation'.

I used to post those as a public shaming exercise to try and get hosts to stop doing that sort of crap, it was designed to weed about actual service abusers and fraudsters, not to let everyone know how that particular transaction went.

I soon gave up and when I concluded that you cant change stupid.

I guess you point it out correctly.
    Have nice day mate

WSS said: Yeah. @AnthonySmith works for #5/hr coding PHP.

haha that was taken as literal!

Letisbest said: Is a cheap nat vps.

Ranting?...Nope.. Even if I am, it couldn't be worst than the provider which placed customers under fraud record despite the dispute being closed and settled at paypal?

No I run Inception Hosting Ltd, have done for 7 years, I was simply commenting that it is amazing how many people come here to complain without giving any detail at all.

In most cases this results in the OP making a complete fool of themselves, not saying that will happen here, but that is how it usually goes.

So about those details...

Which company?

Screenshots of the inactive VPS showing 'pending' in the billing system?

Fraudrecord link?

How did you open the dispute, i.e. what category?

What were the hosts responses?

I ask this because it is about the only things that will validate your thread and in my experience it is usually the people who don't want to volunteer the truth that are in the wrong.

Or feel free to ignore all of this......

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • @AnthonySmith said:

I like pie.

• @AnthonySmith said:

No I run Inception Hosting Ltd, have done for 7 years, I was simply commenting that it is amazing how many people come here to complain without giving any detail at all.

In most cases this results in the OP making a complete fool of themselves, not saying that will happen here, but that is how it usually goes.

Which company?

Fraudrecord link?

I ask this because it is about the only things that will validate your thread and in my experience it is usually the people who don't want to volunteer the truth that are in the wrong.

I am not at all embarass for not providing the more details than it is needed.

In any case I am not expecting any responses from your company. Or such incidents are pretty common in your company as well? If it is I will take note.. Once beaten twice shy.

• @Letisbest said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Which company?

Fraudrecord link?

I am not at all embarass for not providing the more details than it is needed.

In any case I am not expecting any responses from your company. Or such incidents are pretty common in your company as well? If it is I will take note.. Once beaten twice shy.

Bit rude to do that isn't it? Not sure why you're assuming that his company's often having fraud issues, when he was simply requesting information that proves what you said, and to raise awareness for the rest of us to that particular company.

edited February 2017

Letisbest said: In any case I am not expecting any responses from your company. Or such incidents are pretty common in your company as well? If it is I will take note.. Once beaten twice shy.

No, I actually make a point of shaming other hosts for using it incorrectly.

OK I will answer the main question in the same manner as you then.

Letisbest said: why can't we raised a dispute on PayPal for non delivery after say 12 days despite raising multiple support tickets?

You can.

Hosts can also add you to fraudrecord if you do.

I don't know who you bought from but I run LES which includes DeepNet/Inception/RansomIT/MSP so there is no chance you bought from one of those hosts as they all make it very clear that support is only given via the forum, there are no LES forum posts that match this issue.

It is not i-83 because you said they resolved your issue in another thread, the other NAT host started selling less than 12 days ago, so I have no idea who this could be.

The devil is in the details which is why they are not being shared and seem to be on the attack rather than being human.

/thread because context is apparently overrated.

• @Letisbest said:

In any case I am not expecting any responses from your company. Or such incidents are pretty common in your company as well? If it is I will take note.. Once **beaten **twice shy.

Bitten*

• MrKaruppuMrKaruppu Member
    edited February 2017

Letisbest said: Or such incidents are pretty common in your company as well? If it is I will take note.. Once beaten twice shy.

@AnthonySmith is trying to help other forum members. May I know what's stopping you from sharing your provider name and relevant screenshots?

• @VortexMagnus You seem to be a respected provider, but have you ever threatened anyone with a fraud record?

• Somebody should nuke FraudRecord with a big lawsuit, assuming you are being added without any justification that falls under Fraud.

• MrKaruppuMrKaruppu Member
    edited February 2017

Hxxx said: Somebody should nuke FraudRecord with a big lawsuit

I think it's a problem with providers who add customers into FraudRecord for outlandish reasons whilst I do agree that FraudRecord should have some mechanism to prevent legitimate customers from being added.

May be a check for reason of adding periodically would help.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2017

FraudRecord is a pain in the arse.

I have a listing from 3 years ago. I've bought from about 200 hosting providers since. One refused me service this week, based on what he saw of the old listing (which is inaccurate).

I applied to have the listing removed 2 days ago and not a peep. There isn't even a formal system for getting things removed, and they allude to the fact they confer with the listing creator (what's the incentive for them to remove anything?)

Wouldn't go as far as a lawsuit, but if it happens a few more times I'd certainly get a solicitor to send a friendly email over to them.

I think fraud record can be great, the problem is there is no accountability built in to it and very little process.

I think it has had its day, I might look in to getting an alternative made with an actual appeal system and a notification system for 'logged' accounts.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

jarland said: I'd guess that no one takes their fraudrecord report seriously.

you need to use common sense to use fraudrecord or any other methods of verification of order, some reports are true and genuine, we do report true fraud as some of our new "customer" tried to use 3 - 4 different credit cards and due to the issue that the cards have been reported stolen different banks decline all attempts.