Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtEngine Cloud Platform live demo for testing Now Available
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtEngine Cloud Platform live demo for testing Now Available

DETioDETio Member
edited February 2017 in Providers

Hello LET Community,

As previously posted here, we have been developing an Extensive Cloud platform that allows SMB Hosting Providers to offer competitive features in the Cloud Market in a DigitalOcean/Vultr/Linode like style.

Our platform integrates with WHMCS and offers features such as:

Hourly Billing, Applications, High Availability, Docker Containers, Snapshots & Backups, and much more.

We'd love for you to test out our platform and give us feedback on how we can improve etc.

Our demo can be found here, http://demo.virtengine.com

If you'd like to test it, sign up as a user and follow through (Skip the 'Enter OTP Pin' Section) & order a quota based plan or add credits for an hourly account - Then comment here or send a private message so we can activate your account and mark the invoice paid.

If you'd like to see a quick preview of a video instead, check here:

Comments

• Looks really good. :)

Thanked by 1DETio
  • So damn cool!

• What is the current price/monthly rate for this?

• Not bad since my last tests :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Still SaaS?

• MikePT said: Still SaaS?

No it's self-hosted, there's an option for SaaS if some providers would like.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@DETio said:

MikePT said: Still SaaS?

No it's self-hosted, there's an option for SaaS if some providers would like.

Is it ready? And how much is it?

• DETioDETio Member
    edited February 2017

MikePT said: Is it ready? And how much is it?

There's a few rough edges, however we feel that it is ready for production.

http://docs.virtengine.com/pricing Shows our pricing between the two editions we offer.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited February 2017

You came up with the VMWare pricing model... without being VMWare. And it even fails for them.

Much luck.

$0.25 per GB of RAM - Deployed - (Up-to $16/month/node)

• PLEASE. FIX. WHMCS. TEMPLATE.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • William said: You came up with the VMWare pricing model... without being VMWare. And it even fails for them.

Much luck.

It's an introductory rate for smaller deployments, at a bigger deployment we work with the client to ensure it is affordable for the hosting provider yet sustainable for our business to expand and further develop the product.

• @doghouch said:
    PLEASE. FIX. WHMCS. TEMPLATE.

What's wrong with it?

• @varunchopra said:

@doghouch said:
    PLEASE. FIX. WHMCS. TEMPLATE.

What's wrong with it?

I was pointing to the fact that I was dying over the logo being not transparent, and ugly font in the reload area.

• So you Fuck small clients and want big money from big fishes?

• inthecloudblog said: So you Fuck small clients and want big money from big fishes?

Like all businesses

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

Given the history of VirtEngine here, the fact that it is not yet deployable, the most important features for any current host are marked as 'soon' and no admin demo, I will let someone else nose dive in to the ground at 100mph first before I even give it another look thanks.

Front end looks pretty, it looks just as pretty as it did 6 months ago though, and I am not so interested in pretty, I want functional.

Side note: Pricing is fine.

No one will use it though, similar cost better alternatives exist for startup's this is only ever going to appeal to startups until they make migration possible.

Everyone should just consider this more PR for a release at sometime never.

• Are you still taking $250 in the beginning? @DETio

• looks cool !

• SpectrumHost said: Are you still taking $250 in the beginning? @DETio

The setup fee we currently charge (USD $250.00) can be used as credit for your licensing fees, for example if you have a deployment which has a rate of $125/month, then you can continue to use VirtEngine for 2 months after your setup free of charge.

We give a minimum of 1 month for free (any size) if your deployment is costlier than $250/month.

edited February 2017

DETio said: The setup fee we currently charge (USD $250.00) can be used as credit for your licensing fees, for example if you have a deployment which has a rate of $125/month, then you can continue to use VirtEngine for 2 months after your setup free of charge

Ridiculous.

You are not established, you are not proven, you have no track record (apart from a failure to launch), you are only attractive in the slightest to day 1 limited knowledge hosts, why would anyone pay you a deposit for a non tangible product, if it is being then applied against licenses then why do you want to force this restriction on yourself?

Do you hate money?

You may well be a skilled programmer, your absolutely dog sh*t at business and recognizing your value in today's market buddy.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: You may well be a skilled programmer, your absolutely dog sh*t at business and recognizing your value in today's market buddy.

Are you trying to teach someone how to make business? Why? It seems that @DETio has a plan and sticking to it. Maybe VirtEngine is not the cheapest (and that is not bad actually) or mature product, but ranting about their business practice (especially if you are not their customer) is wrong.

They have full right to price their product as they want. You either accept it or just choose competitor. EZPZ.

edited February 2017

time4vps said: You either accept it or just choose competitor. EZPZ.

Are you telling me me how to conduct and interact in business? Why? Seems that I am free to comment on a plan that they have over promised on and under delivered on and not stuck to anything.

Maybe I don't want the cheapest, I already said the price is fine, sorry if you feel it is a rant, personally I feel it is valid commentary, I could not be their customer if I tried, believe me I tried, they have nothing to sell.

They have full right to price their product as they want, I have full right as a perspective customer to tell them its ridiculous.

You can accept my perspective (you do not have to agree) or chose not too. EZPZ.

Thanked by 3Four20 WSS doghouch
  • BTW, wasn't this scheduled for Nov 2016?

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: You can accept my perspective

Accepted.

• DETioDETio Member
    edited February 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

DETio said: The setup fee we currently charge (USD $250.00) can be used as credit for your licensing fees, for example if you have a deployment which has a rate of $125/month, then you can continue to use VirtEngine for 2 months after your setup free of charge

Ridiculous.

You are not established, you are not proven, you have no track record (apart from a failure to launch), you are only attractive in the slightest to day 1 limited knowledge hosts, why would anyone pay you a deposit for a non tangible product, if it is being then applied against licenses then why do you want to force this restriction on yourself?

Do you hate money?

You may well be a skilled programmer, your absolutely dog sh*t at business and recognizing your value in today's market buddy.

This is only temporary as deployments take a toll on our development team to set things up for the Client - there won't be a setup fee with our Automated Launcher when that's ready (This is the biggest thing that has been delaying us).

• Wow, you finally have a working demo, took you what? five months after lying, delays, and bullshit?

Geez, all those bad PR threads you made and crap..

VirtEngine will go nowhere, especially with that pricing model.

Not even sure why you're posting here as you're not even "lowend" market.

• FoulFoul Member
    edited February 2017

http://docs.megam.io/ = https://docs.virtengine.com/

I lol'ed. @anthonysmith - Seems they're trying to relabel virt engine as a new name now.

https://forum.megam.io/ = http://forums.virtengine.com/

• DETioDETio Member
    edited February 2017

Foul said: http://docs.megam.io/

I lol'ed. @anthonysmith - Seems they're trying to relabel virt engine as a new name now.

Megam.io are our partners & R&D team, https://www.megam.io/partners.html / https://github.com/megamsys/nilavu

• Why are you taking so much time? Like 2-3 months delay? You are using OpenNebula as the backend, so you don't need to work much on that part. I'm feeling this is like a mini-SolusVM

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited February 2017

Product looks good - congrats! Wish you guys the best.

Some feedback: Slow down on your demo. Organize the areas you want to show off. The spastic mouse movements were extremely distracting and confusing.

Thanked by 1DETio