Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtEngine Cloud Platform live demo for testing Now Available - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtEngine Cloud Platform live demo for testing Now Available

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

OnApp_Terry said: Slow down on your demo

Would you suggest 28 months of not communicating with customers followed by a closed beta under NDA and everyone has to deny the existence of it :)

• @AnthonySmith It seems like you hate them too much to judge them fairly.

Thanked by 1Tamerciaga
    edited February 2017

varunchopra said: @AnthonySmith It seems like you hate them too much to judge them fairly.

I call a spade a spade, perhaps it is a weakness of mine as not everyone is thick skinned enough to handle it, there is no hate though, probably a bit of frustration.

• Interested #329 invoice no

• jetchirag said: Interested #329 invoice no

I've activated your account, thanks for your interest and we appreciate feedback once you've tested VirtEngine.

• @SpectrumHost said:
    Why are you taking so much time? Like 2-3 months delay? You are using OpenNebula as the backend, so you don't need to work much on that part. I'm feeling this is like a mini-SolusVM

VirtEngine has been pretty much ready 2-3 months ago, and we have simply been improving and adding on additional features in this time.

The project delaying us would be our Automated Launcher project which aims to allow you to install everything into a production environment in less than 10 minutes which includes installing OpenNebula, Ceph / LVM storage, configuiration of both platforms to operate together, downloading images etc.

The automated Launcher also handles licensing and bills the provider, once that project is complete launching Virtengine becomes a breeze.

• MridulMridul Member
    edited February 2017

@DETio , im sure you must consider the constructive critisism by @AnthonySmith positively. Infact i feel it to be a good sign for hosting industry that such nice products are being launched , plus the fact that we have LEB where we can have a fair commentry from Experts who know what to expect from a product of this class.

Take WHMCS for example, the product is fantastic. But has been nightmare in a lot of cases. Reason, it seems it was launched premature.

The people ( like me ) who are future clients for @DETio must be able to understand what they are getting and expert reviews are very important.

Neverthless, This is a great product ... something i was looking for and i feel pricing too is very nice.

• jcloudsjclouds Member
    edited February 2017

I'm a designer and so for someone who's hardwork has been ripped before this is disturbing. Is there a reason why you ripped Kyups design elements down the typography, font-size and color? Didn't you guys also hijack ip space? I messaged kyup and they said they had no affiliation with you.

Kyup: https://kyup.com/one-click-images

Screen:

Thanked by 3vfuse traceray imok
  • jclouds said: Is there a reason why you ripped Kyups design elements down the typography, font-size and color?

Ouch. Same words.

• @jclouds said:
    I'm a designer and so for someone who's hardwork has been ripped before this is disturbing. Is there a reason why you ripped Kyups design elements down the typography, font-size and color? Didn't you guys also hijack ip space? I messaged kyup and they said they had no affiliation with you.

We've put this up temporarily while we are designing the rest of the website (due to lack of resources to dedicate to the website), surely not ethical. We can't do much other than offer apologies and ensure that we will be putting up our own designs shortly.

• DETio said: surely not ethical. We can't do much other than offer apologies and ensure that we will be putting up our own designs shortly.

I'm afraid that lack of time is not a valid excuse for plagiarizing someone's website. The UI would not have mattered much as long as functionality is present. You put yourself I a bad spot by doing that, which does not help when you're already under a lot of heat.

Thanked by 1Junkless

DETio said: We've put this up temporarily while we are designing the rest of the website (due to lack of resources to dedicate to the website), surely not ethical. We can't do much other than offer apologies and ensure that we will be putting up our own designs shortly.

really.. that's the best you can do?

So I assume you will be offering financial compensation then to Kyups before they take you to the cleaners as you have essentially admitted to theft publicly?

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • DETioDETio Member
    edited February 2017

AnthonySmith said: really.. that's the best you can do?

So I assume you will be offering financial compensation then to Kyups before they take you to the cleaners as you have essentially admitted to theft publicly?

There's no intellectual property stolen, Just public design inspirations - for example the icons placed inside are not owned by Kyup and they are designed by other companies for public use, the rest is just a box with borders and text placed underneath.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

DETio said: We can't do much other than offer apologies

Remove copyrighted work ASAP, do not wait for DMCA takedown request.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@DETio said:

AnthonySmith said: really.. that's the best you can do?

There's no intellectual property stolen, Just public design inspirations - for example the icons placed inside are not owned by Kyup and they are designed by other companies for public use, the rest is just a box with borders and text placed underneath.

Wow. First you STEAL stuff and now you are actually arguing that it's just some box with a border? I tell you something: Every design is made out of some boxes and borders, it doesn't give you the right to STEAL it.

Thanked by 2Clouvider maverickp
  • time4vps said: Remove copyrighted work ASAP, do not wait for DMCA takedown request.

We are already working on it. :)

• lol what a joke.

• @DETio said:

time4vps said: Remove copyrighted work ASAP, do not wait for DMCA takedown request.

We are already working on it. :)

For 2 months you couldn't fix it?

• Hey Guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience, it's fixed now.

https://virtengine.com/products/complete.html

varunchopra said: @AnthonySmith It seems like you hate them too much to judge them fairly.

How about now? :) haha

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • Sweet Jesus.

• You didn't change it because of lack of resources but you were able to put up new content in 10minutes? Hmmmm

• @jclouds said:
    You didn't change it because of lack of resources but you were able to put up new content in 10minutes? Hmmmm

..and you'd think he'd try to let the thread cool a little rather than announcing "OK we took down that stuff that was someone else's IP". The arrogance is right up there with adult hosting service providers.

• EasedEased Member, Host Rep

Well, that escalated quickly.

Thanked by 117brownj
  • DETioDETio Member
    edited February 2017

jclouds said: You didn't change it because of lack of resources but you were able to put up new content in 10minutes? Hmmmm

We work quick under pressure.

• @DETio said:

@jclouds said:

We've put this up temporarily while we are designing the rest of the website (due to lack of resources to dedicate to the website), surely not ethical. We can't do much other than offer apologies and ensure that we will be putting up our own designs shortly.

We can't do much other than offer apologies and ensure that we will be putting up our own designs shortly.

Seems to be a legit reason to stay away from their product.

• mayli said: We can't do much other than offer apologies and ensure that we will be putting up our own designs shortly.

Seems to be a legit reason to stay away from their product.

As you wish.

• @DETio said:

jclouds said: You didn't change it because of lack of resources but you were able to put up new content in 10minutes? Hmmmm

We work quick under pressure.

Your arrogance and schmuck responses aren’t funny. Personally I think you should be banned for this. I'm going to say this once, any company who decides to use virtengine software I will never give you a dime #grabyourwallet. They could give me $10k worth of credits and they could just shove it. I'm going to keep my personal services with people who have brains to run an operation like buyvm or ramnode and many other providers here. I'm not going to end up like those virtkick customers where my provider goes through a pandemic because of the incompetence of a software company .

@DETio said:

As a designer who puts hours and days of passion into my art this is a ridiculous statement to make. This is a slap to the face, you think you can get away with stealing designers hardwork, take shortcuts and then make a profit out of it without any repercussions. I have worked with hosting providers who have lawyers on retainer and if you think there was no property stolen oh you are greatly mistaken. If I were siteground who has enough revenue to destroy you with litigation, what I would do is put Det.io out of business along with any subsidiaries like megasysm. Your lack of moral ethics and judgement not only puts your company at risk but also all of your clients and partners who host on your software. When you can't pay your bills and your operations gets shutdown what happens to those clients? Sitegrounds owns kyup and you literally admitted that you stole the design and now are backtracking. Thats not how it works.

And you even copied their CSS, within 5 seconds of inspecting elements even someone without HTML/CSS experience could tell. Code is absolutely PROTECTED by copyright laws.

• DETio said: Just public design inspirations

No. This is blatant plagiarism.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@DETio Get your house in order before you post here again. We have banned people in the past for exactly this, the fact that you fixed it so quickly was your saving grace.

I also suggest you stop being so smug and arrogant, you're a real person, not just the business. Act like it and you'll get a much better response from the community.