Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inviting LEB Offers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inviting LEB Offers

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Hi Everyone,

We've recently gone through and pruned/purged many old, invalid or uninteresting LEB offer submissions. Every ticket has been updated individually.

Now that we've cleaned the slate we're inviting new submissions. We intend to double our efforts to make sure high quality, unique, and especially compelling offers are posted quickly.

If you are interested please read this and submit: https://lowendbox.com/submit-an-offer/

We look forward to getting your offer posted soon!

Thanked by 1nunuigti

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Are we still in many month of delay for an new offer?

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@davidgestiondbi said:

Compelling offers will be posted very quickly.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

Jon,

It is true, I've received email closing the old offers, but my offers never were considered to feature at LEB, I've been sending offer since May this year some of them better that I have seen at LEB but I always see the same companies be featured over and over.
    I know that my company is new at the market so I think that old ones or more established ones have the preference.

@vpsrus please submit a new offer and include a paragraph about your company.

Thank you, offer sent ticket #1353

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@davidgestiondbi said:

Are you setting up another queue/etc for black friday? or is it all a hodge podge?

Francisco

• I'm still waiting for a response since 8 months :)

Thanked by 1joeri
  • @cassa said:
    I'm still waiting for a response since 8 months :)

You can take that to mean you're not going to get one then.

Thanked by 1pike

@Francisco said:

@jbiloh said:

@davidgestiondbi said:

Are you setting up another queue/etc for black friday? or is it all a hodge podge?

Francisco

We'll be scheduling those in the next week or two. Submit if you're interested.

Thanked by 2Francisco justvm

@jbiloh said:
    @vpsrus please submit a new offer and include a paragraph about your company.

Thank you for the appreciation

All existing offer submissions have been responded to. We're looking for more which will be scheduled sometime in December. Submit now! :)

vpsrus said: Thank you for the appreciation

You're welcome!

Thanked by 1Francisco

@jbiloh said:

@Francisco said:

@jbiloh said:

@davidgestiondbi said:

Francisco

We'll be scheduling those in the next week or two. Submit if you're interested.

Sounds great. I don't think I'll have anything to submit to the gauntlet, but I'm sure some people were curious so it helps to get it asked and answered.

Francisco

Francisco said: Sounds great. I don't think I'll have anything to submit to the gauntlet, but I'm sure some people were curious so it helps to get it asked and answered.

Francisco

If you change your mind regarding Black Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Cyber Monday let us know ASAP.

@jbiloh said:

Francisco said: Sounds great. I don't think I'll have anything to submit to the gauntlet, but I'm sure some people were curious so it helps to get it asked and answered.

Francisco

If you change your mind regarding Black Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Cyber Monday let us know ASAP.

Not changing, I just don't think i'll have gear online in time :( Me submitting an offer with a little bit of stock available is a waste of the buffer time every host has between offers. I'd much rather put something up once I got the new nodes up.

Francisco

Francisco said: Not changing, I just don't think i'll have gear online in time :( Me submitting an offer with a little bit of stock available is a waste of the buffer time every host has between offers. I'd much rather put something up once I got the new nodes up.

Francisco

No worries.

Looking forward to seeing you submit an offer soon.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Francisco I don't think anyone would complain about a BuyVM Black Friday-esque offer posted after Black Friday :).

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

We sent a request #1512.

• OnACloudOnACloud Member
    edited November 2016

Thanks for the update & for all your hard work LET/LEB team! :)

Thanked by 1shell

Your welcome @OnACloud

We're looking for suggestions from offers posted/discussed on LET to be highlighted on a Special Cyber Monday post.

What do you guys think?

• Thank you! We sent a request #1595.

• @jbiloh - why bother asking the community for their time and offerings when nothing except CC offers were posted for BF / CM?

@Riz said:
    @jbiloh - why bother asking the community for their time and offerings when nothing except CC offers were posted for BF / CM?

Maybe he just wanted to know what others were offering so he could undercut it?

Francisco

Thanked by 1gestiondbi

We've been scheduling LEB posts out many months in advance now and replying to virtually every single submission. In the past hundreds of submissions were ignored, that's not the case now.

• @jbiloh said:
    We've been scheduling LEB posts out many months in advance now and replying to virtually every single submission. In the past hundreds of submissions were ignored, that's not the case now.

What relevance does that statement have to your specific request for Cyber Monday content?

• @jbiloh said:

So instead of ignoring, you request providers to send offers, reply to them and then refuse to post them? How's that any better?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

teamacc said: So instead of ignoring, you request providers to send offers, reply to them and then refuse to post them? How's that any better?

Was there something you were hoping for? There were some great offers on both sites. A lot of conversation here about offers available. Everyone did pretty well, did they not?

Or are you just trying to be confrontational for the sake of it?

edited November 2016

@jarland said:

teamacc said: So instead of ignoring, you request providers to send offers, reply to them and then refuse to post them? How's that any better?

Was there something you were hoping for? There were some great offers on both sites. A lot of conversation here about offers available. Everyone did pretty well, did they not?

Or are you just trying to be confrontational for the sake of it?

I think it's more that the owners went through the effort of making a thread asking people to submit their BF/CM offers weeks in advance and not one person got posted. Every single offer is owned by CC, sharing the same underwear as CC, etc.

As I said elsewhere, if they wanted to keep it to just house brands that's up to them, but to go through the above only to not accept a single offer for LEB? That's just dickish. No one would have a leg to stand on complaint wise if they came upfront and said "Listen, this is a big way for us to promote our own stuff and or our loyal colocation/etc customers".

5 offers got posted:

• 2 are house brands
    • 1's their alter spammy ego
    • 1's getting hand outs to groom them so something inside Buffalo finally gets a top provider tag
    • Comet at least has a non house-owned facility but they still push Buffalo and I have no doubt it wouldn't have been them in spot if it wasn't for that. There's nothing ground shattering with the offer over everything else we've seen on here so far. They could've at least given @ishaq or @jarland some slots on there for the shit they put up with, or some reliable choices like @AnthonySmith, @Awmusic12635, & @MikeA. None of them got that.

It just smells bad. It just fans the flames of failed transparency attempts that has been brought up since the very day Joel slapped the CC logo on the front of LEB.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I guess I'm just trying to look at the bottom line of how things went down for the community. Details aside, focusing on the conclusions. The community received a lot of offers from a variety of providers, a lot of sales were made, a lot of people walked away happy with the deals they landed.

To me, that's a good day. I guess some days I'm a little tired of always having something to complain about. Some days I just count the good things that happened and go "What else matters? I didn't lose anything, I only gained."

No ones complaining about LET, nor are the people above. The issue is LEB and that's what Jon's original thread was about; Offers for LEB homepage. People put in the effort of putting together their offers and submitting it through the system as well as handling any correspondence required and got nothing.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Riz cassa
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

@Francisco said:
    They could've at least given @ishaq or @jarland some slots on there for the shit they put up with, or some reliable choices like @AnthonySmith, @Awmusic12635, & @MikeA. None of them got that.
    Francisco

For me I don't think I contacted Jon about having an offer posted, I didn't think any of my offers fit well enough for the community so I just let the time pass. It just wasn't near what the current offers on LEB are so it wouldn't feel right to ask for a spot at the time. I wasn't really big on black Friday/cyber Monday either, a part of that was just bad planning though (And I spent the night playing a game..) ishaq has great offers on the other hand, that's a completely different story on them being shared.

Edit: I just re-read the first part about no outside offers being posted, I definitely get your point with it.