Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Requests Forum Guidelines
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Requests Forum Guidelines

trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
edited March 2022 in Requests

When creating a thread in the "Requests" sub-forum, please include all necessary information so that our members and providers can point you in the right direction.

We need all the details below, either ranges or exact values to help you find what you're looking for.

VZ Type:
Eg. KVM, OpenVZ, LXC, Xen, or ANY!

Number of Cores:
RAM:
Disk Space:
Disk Type:

Bandwidth:
Port Speed:

DDoS Protection:
Yes or No. Maybe is not an answer to this question, if you think you might need it then answer yes.

Number of IPs:
If this is higher than 3 then please also state their use.

The above should be a region, city, DC or AS number.

Budget:
The above should be in USD. 

If you prefer a different currency use the current exchange rate with
your preferred currency in brackets. Eg. $7/month (£5.60)

Billing period:
You can specify multiple options.
Eg. Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

This post has been approved by @Ishaq.

It is my hope that the community will adopt this as a template, simply post a link to this thread if you feel someone has not been descriptive enough in their request.

If you have any comments or suggestions please let me know.

Thanked by 3GCat ihadp verjin
  • Sticky.

Thanked by 3trewq GCat ATHK
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

FYI, the thread is sinking...

Thanked by 2GCat [Deleted User]
  • Nobody looks specifically in the requests forums, so very few people will actually read this before making a request, just saying.

Thanked by 1alown
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

make it sticky for user with provider tag maybe ?

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited December 2016

Good luck on the new role @trewq

Thanked by 1andreblue
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@tr1cky said:
    Nobody looks specifically in the requests forums, so very few people will actually read this before making a request, just saying.

Thank you for the comment @tr1cky, that is something I was concerned about too. Although this thread is only stickied to the Requests forum I've seen a fantastic uptake. If you see a request that doesn't have enough detail, please link this thread, it's much easier than playing 20 questions.

@RIYAD said:
    make it sticky for user with provider tag maybe ?

In my opinion there are already too many global announcements. I'm not really interested in clogging the top of the page up with content that doesn't effect everyone.

@zafouhar said:
    Good luck on the new role @trewq

Thanks @zafouhar!

• If there is a request, can the provider reply with their own URL to provide something that matches the requirement of request ?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Congratulations @trewq! :D

• TaoronTaoron Member

Can Members (no Provider tag) respond to people with offers with their own company here or is that not allowed?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Arcanum said:
    Can Members (no Provider tag) respond to people with offers with their own company here or is that not allowed?

That's pretty much self explanatory, no ?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1

It is not allowed to respond to threads requesting an offer with "PM me" or "e-mail me" without having had a public thread on LowEndTalk.com with your provider details in it (in accordance with our guidelines) OR a public statement of which company you represent.

Clearly you won't have a public offer if you didn't had your provider tag.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Arcanum said:

Basically I need to know what company you represent and so does anyone glancing at the thread. If it's obvious then I don't care. If it's not obvious, add it to your signature.

The problem we had here was people were doing this and pretending to be providers who didn't even have an order form. Most likely trying to subsidize their dedicated servers running proxmox or something. It was consistently generating complaints of scamming.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Confusing as hell indeed. I thought Jarland was a rep from Jarland hosting LTD.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • JarryJarry Member

May I suggest you activate group links for "usa", "europe", etc on leb-web? If I'm looking for vps anywhere in Europe, I have to scroll over Austria, France, Germany, Italy, etc and it still does not cover all countries...

• Why didn't I see the place to post?

• @goodas said:
    Why didn't I see the place to post?

Are you serious?

Thanked by 2Clouvider Frameworks
  • CPU option may also be added to the list, say core or Speed, etc.

• Weird offer thread.
    The interesting fields are just empty?

• I suppose i dont know how this works but i made a thread asking for bulletproof hosting and it was taken down. Is requesting for that service against the rules here?

• hzrhzr Member
    edited June 2019

mellisarunn said: I suppose i dont know how this works but i made a thread asking for bulletproof hosting and it was taken down. Is requesting for that service against the rules here?

Yes. This is a permban offense, assuming you mean the typical definition of bulletproof.

• Anyone remember CyberB**ker ?

• Can I request a reseller or only VPS?

• InternxtInternxt Member, Host Rep

Hello! We’d like to request to post an offer or somehow ask for the requirements to post an offer. We are currently hosting a deal and we’d like to ask for some permission to post it🙂

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Internxt said:
    Hello! We’d like to request to post an offer or somehow ask for the requirements to post an offer. We are currently hosting a deal and we’d like to ask for some permission to post it🙂

Please do not necropost.

Read the rules if you haven't already.