Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyshared down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyshared down?

PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
edited October 2016 in Outages

I can't access my sites. According to Statscake and Uptime Robot it's been down for more than an hour.

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I can access mine all fine

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • @netomx said:
    I can access mine all fine

You're on a different server then. Just tried accessing my sites via the IP, times out.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

First question.... Do you try to open a ticket first?

Thanked by 2postcd GCat
  • @PepeSilvia said: You're on a different server then. Just tried accessing my sites via the IP, times out.

Could just be blocked IP?

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • Mine is also down. It is inaccessible even from client area. @Francisco may could have a look to the issue.

Thanked by 2PepeSilvia GCat
  • PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited October 2016

@davidgestiondbi said:
    First question.... Do you try to open a ticket first?

Of course i did as soon as I found out. I made this post because it's been down for so long I thought there might've been a major reason for it

@Ishaq said:

@PepeSilvia said: You're on a different server then. Just tried accessing my sites via the IP, times out.

Could just be blocked IP?

No Uptime Robot, Status Cake can't reach it. I can't reach it via my regular connection or through a VPN :(

• PepeSilvia said: No Uptime Robot, Status Cake can't reach it. I can't reach it via my regular connection or through a VPN.

Fair enough.

Thanked by 2PepeSilvia GCat
  • Am I wrong or Buyvm doesn't need a thread to say they're down? Patience pays?

• Not down here.

Lvshared02 working just fine.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • WHTWHT Member

I wonder why LET do not creates a uptime monitor. Am sure that within miliseconds people will report :)

edited October 2016

@century1stop said:
    Am I wrong or Buyvm doesn't need a thread to say they're down? Patience pays?

It's been about two hours, there's nothing on their announcement page or their Twitter page. I was wondering how many others were also down, and if this downtime is due to some upstream outage that I don't know about. The category "outages" exist for things like this right?

@WHT said:
    I wonder why LET do not creates a uptime monitor. Am sure that within miliseconds people will report :)

While they're at it they should also add tutorials on basic reading comprehension to help out some members :)

• It happens buddy, give 'em time to straighten things out

@PepeSilvia said:

@century1stop said:
    Am I wrong or Buyvm doesn't need a thread to say they're down? Patience pays?

It's been about two hours, there's nothing on their announcement page or their Twitter page. I was wondering how many others were also down, and if this downtime is due to some upstream outage that I don't know about.

ahahaha

@WHT said:

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Sorry! Working on that one, hope to have it resolved quickly.

We had CSF go mental on one of the nodes while applying some exempts. Alas the IPMI's refusing to reboot properly. I'm waiting on either Fiberhub to get in there to give it a kick or the IPMI to finally work.

Francisco

Thanked by 3PepeSilvia jvnadr GCat
  • century1stop said: Am I wrong or Buyvm doesn't need a thread to say they're down? Patience pays?

No provider need a thread saying he is down. LEt members do know when a provider is excellent or garbage, despite outages. Buyshared is an excellent service. No provider in the world can offer such a low price (20$ per year for a reseller account with dedicated ip!) with that kind of excellent service. So, a thread about an outage cannot really harm francisco and his brands.

Should be all good now, sorry again.

You can claim an SLA if you so choose :)

Francisco

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said:

We had CSF go mental on one of the nodes while applying some exempts. Alas the IPMI's refusing to reboot properly. I'm waiting on either Fiberhub to get in there to give it a kick or the IPMI to finally work.

Francisco

You mean, Config Server Firewall? It has nothing to do with IPMI, nor it controls the assigned IP to IPMI, in any brand of servers.

• @MrGeneral said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

You mean, Config Server Firewall?

Yes.

It has nothing to do with IPMI, nor it controls the assigned IP to IPMI, in any brand of servers.

Sure.. but when it goes crazy and blocks random ports and IPs then your only option is IPMI.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Cluster the Slices you must.

edited October 2016

@MrGeneral said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

You mean, Config Server Firewall? It has nothing to do with IPMI, nor it controls the assigned IP to IPMI, in any brand of servers.

It was a compounding problem. One of my guys was changing something on CSF and ended up blocking a bunch of traffic. The IPMI just so happened to be locked up and we couldn't login to quickly fix it up.

While waiting on Fiberhub to get back to us I had setup a quick loop script that constantly kept calling ipmitool to tell the IPMI to "bmc reset cold" so we could login. After some time the IPMI finally unlocked and I was fine.

This server is one of the very few ones that has an old and somewhat buggy IPMI. The login page looks like http://imgur.com/a/Cie0Z which is likely nothing like what you're used to. I don't know why this board has this one given most of the other ones have the new style IPMI.

Anyway, we were able to get in, clear CSF and things are smooth from here. I've been meaning to replace the board with one with a newer IPMI model on it but I've not had the time while in Vegas to do it.

Francisco

Thanked by 2yomero Jorbox

@Francisco said:

@MrGeneral said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

It was a compounding problem. One of my guys was changing something on CSF and ended up blocking a bunch of traffic. The IPMI just so happened to be locked up and we couldn't login to quickly fix it up.

While waiting on Fiberhub to get back to us I had setup a quick loop script that constantly kept calling ipmitool to tell the IPMI to "bmc reset cold" so we could login. After some time the IPMI finally unlocked and I was fine.

This server is one of the very few ones that has an old and somewhat buggy IPMI. The login page looks like http://imgur.com/a/Cie0Z which is likely nothing like what you're used to. I don't know why this board has this one given most of the other ones have the new style IPMI.

Anyway, we were able to get in, clear CSF and things are smooth from here. I've been meaning to replace the board with one with a newer IPMI model on it but I've not had the time while in Vegas to do it.

Francisco

Understood. That login page for IPMI is pretty much standard for E3/E5, older versions. You could or ask the DC to update the IPMI version for you afaik the login page will look the same.
    Super micro IPMI tends to bug when you install a OS and sometimes randomly. It's not reliable at all. Although using ipmitool you can reset it easily. Much better than waiting for the DC to reset it...

edited October 2016

I already upgraded it to the latest version, it doesn't change much alas. It's a completely different chipset for that IPMI. There's an AMI one and a ATEN one. I've never seen this one on an E3, I assumed it was just never used anymore since it bugs out so much.

Don't get me wrong, the chipset my E3's use bug out sometimes where console fails to connect but I can always just tell the IPMI to reboot and we're golden, I've never been blocked from logging in.

ipmitool took around ~50 attempts before it was finally able to get a response out of it, was a wall of "Error: Unable to establish LAN session" until then.

Francisco

Thanked by 2MikePT Jorbox
    edited October 2016

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Awesome, thank you!

Instead of a SLA credit do you think you could move me to a more stable server?

I've been hosted with you since last October and I've always had issues with the uptime. I never hit the 99.99% uptime advertised on the front page.

I understand a lot of other people who's also hosted with you have been enjoying a much better experience.

Here's the last 9 months uptime report from Status Cake. I used uptime robot for the first 3 months so I don't have a record of them, but they had a lot of downtime too.

• no one's saying it'll hurt buddy, don't you notice enough threads on providers down already

@jvnadr said:

century1stop said: Am I wrong or Buyvm doesn't need a thread to say they're down? Patience pays?

No provider need a thread saying he is down. LEt members do know when a provider is excellent or garbage, despite outages. Buyshared is an excellent service. No provider in the world can offer such a low price (20$ per year for a reseller account with dedicated ip!) with that kind of excellent service. So, a thread about an outage cannot really harm francisco and his brands.

Thanked by 1GCat

@Francisco said:
    I already upgraded it to the latest version, it doesn't change much alas. It's a completely different chipset for that IPMI. There's an AMI one and a ATEN one. I've never seen this one on an E3, I assumed it was just never used anymore since it bugs out so much.

Don't get me wrong, the chipset my E3's use bug out sometimes where console fails to connect but I can always just tell the IPMI to reboot and we're golden, I've never been blocked from logging in.

ipmitool took around ~50 attempts before it was finally able to get a response out of it, was a wall of "Error: Unable to establish LAN session" until then.

Francisco

That's really weird. Still, my opinion stands, IPMI isn't that much of reliable.
    I've used mostly supermicro in hundreds of servers and they always endup with IPMI getting stuck.

• LeeLee Veteran

jvnadr said: No provider need a thread saying he is down. LEt members do know when a provider is excellent or garbage, despite outages.

Notice that of all the useful categories the forum could have, the latest one is called "outages". If you build it, they will come!

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy

PepeSilvia said: Instead of a SLA credit do you think you could move me to a more stable server?

03 should be a lot better past this one. While the node was never starving for RAM (according to free -m, etc) litespeed was always very crashy on it for no reason I could find. The only difference between this one and our other nodes was that this one was only 36GB RAM, not 72GB like the rest.

A couple weeks ago I was in Vegas so I bumped the RAM to 72GB and for some dumb reason its now behaving much better. It doesn't make any sense given 'free -m' showed there was ~20GB spare on the node. All I could think is that it was wanting to reserve more memory than was available. I had no OOM logs anywhere though so I question that too.

I can still pull you to another one if you'd prefer, just ticket and I'll look after it :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1Jorbox

@Francisco said:

PepeSilvia said: Instead of a SLA credit do you think you could move me to a more stable server?

03 should be a lot better past this one. While the node was never starving for RAM (according to free -m, etc) litespeed was always very crashy on it for no reason I could find. The only difference between this one and our other nodes was that this one was only 36GB RAM, not 72GB like the rest.

A couple weeks ago I was in Vegas so I bumped the RAM to 72GB and for some dumb reason its now behaving much better. It doesn't make any sense given 'free -m' showed there was ~20GB spare on the node. All I could think is that it was wanting to reserve more memory than was available. I had no OOM logs anywhere though so I question that too.

I can still pull you to another one if you'd prefer, just ticket and I'll look after it :)

Francisco

Do you have stock in LU?

@MrGeneral said:
    Do you have stock in LU?

For BuyShared? Maybe, the site should tell you :)

Francisco

Thanked by 2MikePT Jorbox
  • LeeLee Veteran

Francisco said: the site should tell you

Oh is that how it works, I never thought of checking the actual website..

• @jvnadr said:

No provider in the world can offer such a low price (20$ per year for a reseller account with dedicated ip!)

I'm sure that they provide excellent service, but not sure about this one.