Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyshared down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyshared down?

2»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jorbox said:

@jvnadr said:

No provider in the world can offer such a low price (20$ per year for a reseller account with dedicated ip!)

I'm sure that they provide excellent service, but not sure about this one.

Well we got 2 years under our belt soon and going strong with it. I'm sure as EIG keeps buying up brands and people keep running away from them we'll keep growing stronger :)

We have no reason to increase our costs. It's all quite profitable for us and will continue to be. I wish there was less tickets from very green customers but that's OK.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • @Francisco said:

@Jorbox said:

I'm sure as EIG keeps buying up brands and people keep running away from them we'll >keep growing stronger :)

EIG stopped buying brands now :P maybe they'll be looking to sell some with the way they are heading lol.

• Jorbox said: I'm sure that they provide excellent service, but not sure about this one.

I am already in my second year with buyshared. I initially got one month, because even if I knew them, I couldn't believe how a 2$ shared hosting offers me 20GB, a dedicated ip, reseller WHM, custom name servers, white labeling in CPanel etc.
    After the first 10 days, I contacted @Fransisco and asked If I could convert it to yearly (witch I did). I use it for some of my portal's clients (satellite websites to main site, emails, ftp) and work like a charm.
    Just, don't wait to host a website with million visitors per day to a shared box. It won't be done, not in buyshared, nor in any shared hoster.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • praveenpraveen Member
    edited October 2016

I am with them since last 2 years and have two locations.. haven't faced any issues..

• I have both shared and vm services with them. Have had a few minor outages, including a SQL outage, but they seem to be able to get things running quickly. I like it quite a bit better than other shared options.

@Francisco I was able to pick up some E3 stock last night. How goes the expansions for NJ?

• kaflokaflo Member
    edited October 2016

@PepeSilvia said:
    I've always had issues with the uptime. I never hit the 99.99% uptime advertised on the front page.

I think you'll never hit that uptime stat even if you switch to a different server because even new account creations, ssl, etc causes their server to restart.

Francisco said:
    The ~1 minute ones will be restarts. New account creations, SSL's, etc, will cause it to restart.

and I just want to tag desperand

@desperand said:
    am i only one guy who is happy because they down?

• I'm going to see if buyshared can handle a super-low-traffic m00dle installation .

I was going to use a 1gb vps and optimize the config to fit in ram ram. But hey, time is money.