Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need beta testers for web software(live support software)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need beta testers for web software(live support software)

curtisgcurtisg Banned
edited December 2012 in General

I need some beta testers for my live support software. It's in very very very early stages of beta, it supports multiple chats, basic ip display, nice clean design, operators panel.

Anyone want to test? Images:
Check below for updated images.

Anyone care to try it out for me? If so post here, I'll give you the information.

Comments

• Fixed up register page, added admin panel where you can add, manage operators that work under your "company" via the panel.

Also fixed a minor bug in chat system.

• You might want to change up the font of all the text to something rounder like Arial. That text is the default for webpages and gives an outdated feel. Otherwise, it looks like an awesome start!

• Thought I recognised it:

http://css-tricks.com/chat2/

Feel free to send it my way and I will give it a good test.

• @LV_Matt said: Feel free to send it my way and I will give it a good test.

sure,

@LV_Matt said: Thought I recognised it:

yep thats the template I'm using.

• I hope those fonts aren't permanent.

• Is the operator panel web based? If so, any chance of a desktop client for Windows? Does it play any sound notification when there is a new message or chat?

• @gubbyte said: I hope those fonts aren't permanent.

No, they're not :D

@N_Serian said: Is the operator panel web based? If so, any chance of a desktop client for Windows? Does it play any sound notification when there is a new message or chat?

Yes, I could make a desktop client, its currently all web based. Not it does not play any sound notification.

• alterarchalterarch Member
    edited December 2012

@curtisg said: Yes, I could make a desktop client, its currently all web based. Not it does not play any sound notification.

Are you going to use something like Titanium or develop a native C++ style app?

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited December 2012

@alterarch said: Are you going to use something like Titanium or develop a native C++ style app?

If I develop a desktop app, a native C++ style app most likely.

However undecided at this time.

• Updated screenshots:
    7 - supports full adding, removing operators.

• @curtisg said: If I develop a desktop app, a native C++ style app most likely.

If you ever need help with that, just let me know :).

• @alterarch said: If you ever need help with that, just let me know :).

Might take you up on that offer ;) aha.

• Looks pretty good.

One question, why v2?

• @GIANT_CRAB said: One question, why v2?

Thanks, it just sounds cool tbh. Sounds like 2.0 which if you think about it... Web 2.0 ;)

• @curtisg said: Sounds like 2.0 which if you think about it... Web 2.0 ;)

• @curtisg said: Thanks, it just sounds cool tbh. Sounds like 2.0 which if you think about it... Web 2.0 ;)

uh, okay then

• Well don't judge me, I just had to put something there.

• Wait a minute, what exactly have you changed from the original version? And what happened to the VPS control panel?

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I'll test it, pm me

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Wait a minute, what exactly have you changed from the original version?

In version one, there was a couple php issues which I fixed(XSS injection) and the ajax didn't work, so I re-wrote the whole javascript and then worked on the question asker talking to operator(s) so that took me a bit to complete, then I added the admin panel, then I tested it for SQLi, XSS (found nothing on this test).

Then in V2 I added more features, pdo and stuff.

The only thing I took was the site design(CSS/images) from css-tricks.com

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

You'll really want to look into giving proper padding and margin to elements. Everything looks very "squeezed" right now.

• It's only suggestion :) , Instead of repeating 'logged in as....' 'welcome.....'
    can we just keep
    'Welcome XYZ' in place of 'Logged in as XYZ'
    and
    'Admin Control Panel' in place of 'Welcome XYZ to your admin control panel'.

more words makes it lewd :).

• @NHAmit said: It's only suggestion :) , Instead of repeating 'logged in as....' 'welcome.....'

can we just keep
    'Welcome XYZ' in place of 'Logged in as XYZ'
    and
    'Admin Control Panel' in place of 'Welcome XYZ to your admin control panel'.

more words makes it lewd :).

I'll think about it.

• I'm in the process of developing a "co-browse" like tool(like teamviewer but web-based) and also I plan to add features for invoicing directly via chat,

• Have you got a github or bitbucket repo for this?

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited December 2012

I'm not open sourcing it, so no.

Edit: let me re-phrase this, I will not be open sourcing the core of it, however features like invoicing directly via chat(example) I might share the source.

For now everything is a "closed" source.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Can you PM me it? I'd really be interested!
    thanks!

• Sure @shovenose will do tomorrow morning, as I have to do a big update tomorrow with a few new features.