Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need beta testers for web software(live support software) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need beta testers for web software(live support software)

2»

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

OK :)

• Okay @shovenose I'll PM you in a little bit when I finish the update.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@curtisg said: Edit: let me re-phrase this, I will not be open sourcing the core of it, however features like invoicing directly via chat(example) I might share the source.

Why share source code of parts of it, and not all of it?

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited December 2012

@joepie91 said: Why share source code of parts of it, and not all of it?

Because I don't wish to share the main part of it, because people could just take what I've done basically and make a paid product out of it.

And I want to make this a free product to use.

@joepie91 what I have in mind is basically, you register, you get the codes to buttons/ect for the "Online now", ect. you add to site, all files, db is remotely hosted on the web hosting servers, you (as a site owner) get a "admin" panel to manage operators, ect. Then you can chat via live support, ect, do cool features which I'm in the mix of developing.

edited December 2012

@curtisg said: Because I don't wish to share the main part of it

So then why share part of it? That's somewhat of a lost gesture if you can't use it without the (closed-source) code anyway...

@curtisg said: because people could just take what I've done basically and make a paid product out of it.

Uh, no. That's why there are a gazillion different licenses. Some will allow resale, some won't. "Open-sourcing your code" does not equal "putting it into the public domain", quite the contrary.

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited December 2012

inb4 people becoming butthurt because he's not opensourcing his software

edit: too late

• @gubbyte said: inb4 people becoming butthurt because he's not opensourcing his software

If I don't want to open source my software I developed I don't ahve to. No one is forcing me to open source it, sure people may want me to, however I don't so I won't.

@joepie91 said: Uh, no. That's why there are a gazillion different licenses. Some will allow resale, some won't. "Open-sourcing your code" does not equal "putting it into the public domain", quite the contrary.

Even still, I don't wish to open source the main part, I said I might open source some tools of it. Even if I put a license it doesn't stop someone from removing the license and modifying a bit of code and calling it theirs.

@gubbyte said: edit: too late

lmao :P

edited December 2012

@curtisg said: Even if I put a license it doesn't stop someone from removing the license and modifying a bit of code and calling it theirs.

Let me guess: you're writing it in PHP. In which case you're not going to be able to keep the source away from people in the first place. Which means people can take the code and call it theirs if they really want to, anyway. Even if you don't "open-source" it.

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited December 2012

If you read up a bit, he mentioned that it's going to be a hosted solution. So no, that's not a possibility.

@Wintereise said: If you read up a bit, he mentioned that it's going to be a hosted solution. So no, that's not a possibility.

I had to re-read the thread a few times until I noticed that he made an edit to a post I already replied to, explaining that it was hosted.

• @joepie91 said: I had to re-read the thread a few times until I noticed that he made an edit to a post I already replied to, explaining that it was hosted.

It is a hosted solution, yes.

Also, I am doing some changes to the way it looks right now, might add ability for admins of the chats (who can add operators, ect) to be able to put custom style on the chat.

• I wouldn't mind beta testing it if you need someone.

• @alterarch said: I wouldn't mind beta testing it if you need someone.

Got a few beta testers already, I don't need any more beta tests, plan to open it up to the public soon.

• I'm developing a new feature called Virtual Browse.

What is Virtual Browse?
    Virtual Browse is revolutionary web-based software where you can fully browse the internet with your partner(the person you are helping via live support) and give full remote support all web-based and still chat in the live support right from Virtual Browse.

Let's be real, when was the last time you were able to provide full "hands-on" support on the internet (without any application-based programs)?

With Virtual Browse comes Virtual Console (Virtual Console can only be used by an operator), with Virtual Console the operator can run a "push" command to tell the Virtual Browser to go to * location, for example "push http://lowendtalk.com/" and the system will understand the command and load the URL on the GUI-side. That is not all, for the GUI-side we have a page that will look like a regular internet browser, work like a browser but allow the operator, you to control it together without any issues.

Virtual Browse will also have a tab called "Remote Server" where you and/or the operator can connect to remote servers via SSH(all data encrypted).
    For example the operator(if he/she wanted) could open the Virtual Console and type "remote (IP) (PORT) (user) (pass)" or use the web interface to do so.

A big feature with the Remote Server is the ability to connect to it, use it like regular ssh, and still both people being able to use it.

For Virtual Browse, we want to make it very fast and secure and look nice, so we are looking for designers if they would like to design a little page for it. PM me if you want a "rough idea" of what it needs to look like.

I'd also like to note once a Virtual Browse session is over(and/or live support session) any data you inserted is automatically removed from the system.

Q/A Knowledge base:

Will Virtual Browse be any "additional charges" or anything? Simply, no. We will not charge you to use this amazing feature.

Can I hook up the Remote Server to my own database? At this time no, however we plan to add functionality for that in the future.

When will Virtual Browse be ready? At this time I cannot release a ETA because I don't know myself, hopefully sometime next month I'll have a beta out for test.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Definitely intriguing :)

• @shovenose said: Definitely intriguing :)

Multi-control is harder then you'd think, been working on it for over 6 hours now, not even close to being done. Got some styling issues fixed, margin issues fixed but besides that there is lots of work to be done.

Right now both the operator, end-user can see the virtual browser, browse on LEB (until I add the type URL feature fully), due to some styling issues, I'm going to have to program it to take in a "url short" which will be just the domain name address, so cut out anything after the / which is quite easy to do.

As far as the rest goes, on connection to live support chat, it creates the virtual browse session, then the operator has a virtual controller feature so he/she can decide if they want to redirect the end-user to the page(but end-user and operator have a button they can click to open a new tab with the virtual browse).

As for as the designing goes, I had to rewrite some of the CSS, add a few new styles to it, fiddle around with the logo.

Right now I'm taking a bit of a break to sleep because its soo much work making it, like tomorrow I plan to re-do the scripting on the style and make the urls have a ajax load page function.

Right now I've made about 4 files, each with different functions on it, the main one allowing both to control is already over 100 lines which is 50% me commenting things so I remember what they do and how they function.

Then on the operator page I'm setting up the GEO IP scripting most likely in a few days.

As for the admin panel I am going to add a feature sooner or later so you can customise the end-users view of the chat panel. For example change images, css, the page set up, ect.. you can also add custom links to the operators panel and end-users view, for example if you don't want end-users and/or operators to be able to use Virtual Browse you can disable the link via admin control panel.

As for a feature I'm excited I got finished so clean is the "live update" feature which will allow me to update any page without having the end-user to refresh the page, which is quite simple to be honest.

• Enjoying shilling? <.<'

• @jennie23 I'm switching up the site style a bit, using this theme http://template.walkingpixels.com/organon/index.html for operator, admin panel, then going to have a option for the chat to have a "lite" version(light, brighter version) and a "dark" version(current style as seen in images).

• The operator, admin zone wil have a new design. Working on fixing this one up from themeforest to fix the design.

New features: Operator mailbox, reviews.

Still some improvements to do, then have to make the light version template.

• Update video #1 - not best quality, however its the best I got (manycam) right now.