Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Paypal working in Turkey?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Paypal working in Turkey?

Is PayPal still working in Turkey ?

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

No

• MadMad Member

"The company announced that it is suspending business operations in Turkey effective June 6, after failing to obtain a new license for its services."

• WHTWHT Member

Paypal got arrested.

• So its confirmed that turkish people cant use paypal. Whats the alternative?

• emreemre Member, LIR

Parkinhost said: So its confirmed that turkish people cant use paypal. Whats the alternative?

>

direct credit card payments.

• Relocate in another Country.

• rds100rds100 Member

Considering the current situation in Turkey it might not be safe for people in Turkey to buy services abroad at the moment, as this might seem suspicious to someone with power.

Thanked by 3muratai Maounique Amitz
  • emreemre Member, LIR

rds100 said: Considering the current situation in Turkey it might not be safe for people in Turkey to buy services abroad at the moment, as this might seem suspicious to someone with power.

>

what is the situation in Turkey now? @rds100 ?

Everything is much more than "normal" now.

We defeated the terrorists and move forward to a better Turkey.

Our government is taking each and every necessary step now to a more democratic and free Turkey.

Every political party is now united for writing a new more democratic constitution.

This is the time to do business both inside the country and outside.

I do not understand your way of thinking.

This is the best time to invest in Turkey for foreigners and this is the best time for Turkish people to invest in business.

Future is much more bright for Turkey than you think.

• rds100rds100 Member

@emre i mean if you try to use VPNs or other services to outside of Turkey this might seem suspicious, i.e. you could be one of the guys who tried to overthrow the government, etc. I am sure all the internet traffic is monitored (as is in many other countries, including western ones).

• emreemre Member, LIR

@rds100 ok I understand you wrong. Sorry.

According to my own tests, there is not any kind of suspicious monitoring going on in Turkey at the moment.

I mean nothing more than anything before 15 July.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • emre said: This is the best time to invest in Turkey for foreigners and this is the best time for Turkish people to invest in business.

Even a world wide payment gateway is not operational and you suggest people to do business in Turkey. Just a week ago, country hardly bailed a military coup attempt. Constitution itself is not even properly applied and there is a strong autocracy in Turkey. I recommend every foreigner to stay away for a while.

• erkinerkin Member

If you are a that keen economist, let people see your growth. Elsewise stop giving advices to people.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Parkinhost said: So its confirmed that turkish people cant use paypal. Whats the alternative?

credit cards and bitcoins

• emreemre Member, LIR

@dreamCaster yes there is a risk.
    But if you don't take risks doing business you can not move forward ahead of the competition.
    I see a bright future ahead of Turkey. I am a Turkish citizen living in Turkey and without any kind of political relationships.

@erkin I don't understand you. Yes I am investing right now in my business.
    I foresee a huge leap ahead in near future.

Lot's of places to fill from the fallen and ton's of new business opportunities.

• @emre

you are probably a supporter of the ruling party. It is okay. However, businesses can not make decisions on political feelings. We have to be realistic. Autocracy is taking over the country and you can not know which regulation or tax will hit you the next day. Not a good place to do business. Until 2011, I believe things were fine. Now they simply are not. You have to embrace the fact and move on accordingly. I respect your business decisions.

Thanked by 1muratai
  • emreemre Member, LIR

@DreamCaster yes I sound like a supporter but infact I am not :)

I support "bread party" as we call in Turkey. I want to be well fed and comfortable enough to live my life. I am waiting nothing more. I am just thinking for myself. I am not a people's man.

I just have different thoughts on business. After distressful times there will be always relaxing times.

In these relaxing times people will spend more on what is not essential for their living.

It is now very much the time to invest in luxury business in Turkey. But as i say this is just my humble opinion and no one will support this way of thinking at the moment because it's too early to see the future now for the general public.

Anyway being in IT and doing business in IT for the last 16 years. I will will move forward and I will risk more debt for my business.

If I will be still here in 2 3 years time then we will talk about this decisions of mine..

• stasistasi Member

democratic erdogan puts hundreds of journalists into jail and thousands of people a few days ago..

cool story bro.

• PayPal got coup d'état in Turkey

• Paypal had better intelligence than the Government.

C'est la Vie

• emre said: This is the best time to invest in Turkey for foreigners and this is the best time for Turkish people to invest in business.

Nah, corporations like solid laws and respect of international contracts.

Thanked by 2Clouvider vimalware
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

emre said: This is the best time to invest in Turkey for foreigners

I don't think business likes uncertainty, so contrary to what you say, you may see even less international business in Turkey now, until the situation normalises.

Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • Clouvider said: I don't think business likes uncertainty, so contrary to what you say, you may see even less international business in Turkey now, until the situation normalises.

Yea.

While democracy (or much human rights) is by no means a requirement for big business your dictatorship should be solid at least (eg. China as stable example and Thailand as unstable example) and you should have your inner conflicts suppressed or under control (or be isolated, by geography or by blocking).

What you want ideally is the UAE, Saudi or Chinese level, else you get the North Korea situation: stable system by extreme force, but so crazy that no one deals with you.

A de-facto war in a bunch of provinces and with a neighbour country that is not really governed by anyone anymore Turkey even without a dictator is not really a prime business spot, the laws are not really that fixed and contacts go a long way.... more for grey area stuff, like middle east dealing. Just like Ukraine. Turkey wants to be UAE essentially but has no oil to back it up and too much internal conflict.

• @emre said:

rds100 said: Considering the current situation in Turkey it might not be safe for people in Turkey to buy services abroad at the moment, as this might seem suspicious to someone with power.

>

what is the situation in Turkey now? @rds100 ?

Everything is much more than "normal" now.

We defeated the terrorists and move forward to a better Turkey.

Our government is taking each and every necessary step now to a more democratic and free Turkey.

Every political party is now united for writing a new more democratic constitution.

This is the time to do business both inside the country and outside.

I do not understand your way of thinking.

This is the best time to invest in Turkey for foreigners and this is the best time for Turkish people to invest in business.

Future is much more bright for Turkey than you think.

Defeated the terrorists? Turkey support terrorists, and Erdogan is a terrorist himself.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • hostnoob said: Defeated the terrorists? Turkey support terrorists, and Erdogan is a terrorist himself.

He is talking the mind of a ruler party supporter as I said. Not a good environment to invest or do business. One of those very few countries that Paypal is not supported. What else can I say?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2016

emre said: I want to be well fed and comfortable enough to live my life.

Go to western europe and shoplift. You will have a safe and comfortable life. At least, while you will be in a smaller prison, compared to Turkey, you will have food and a house, which will soon be gone from Turkey, because without international support the country will go bankrupt. Priests and populist create only short term "miracles". it all folds within years due to the wars and isolation.
    Russia was not able to help greece, their "orthodox brethren", if you imagine will pay much more to support Turkey, even given it's army leaving NATO and joining CIS or whatever, you are very wrong. It can at most become a kind of belarus or kazakhstan, somewhat independent, with own despot in charge, but actually ruined countries.

Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • emreemre Member, LIR

dear @maounique @dreamcaster @hostnoob

I do not want to talk any more of politics and I do not want to decide who is a terrorist or who is not.

I am a Turkish citizen living in Turkey and much better know the current situation in my own country at the moment. Don't worry I will do what I think is the best for myself and for my business first, then my country comes next.

But you are all wrong in your opinions, that's you are not seeing things like I see them.

Here is something for you to read:

Translate this to your own language and read pls. especially this below part which I will translate to you now:

http://sosyal.hurriyet.com.tr/yazar/ahmet-hakan_131/fetullah-ile-isid-arasindaki-7-fark_40171105

"Hey Westerner!

Look, in this country every fraction which were fighting , stressing ,
    and arguing with each other before 15 July are all in attitude against the coup.

Is there anything more beautiful than this in the name of democracy?

Why are you fussing instead of respecting and appreciating this?

Why can't you go beyond your ordinary memorization? "

Thanked by 1mikei
  • When I registered our business account, PayPal displayed a lovely warning about Syria, Turkey and Iran... :/

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2016

emre said: Why can't you go beyond your ordinary memorization?

Who forgets history will repeat it, this is why memory is needed when you vote. This is the ordinary memory, the extraordinary events should be few and far between, democracy is boring. You want exciting wars and struggle to find food and shelter, fine, it is your decision, just dont come claiming refuge, stay there and face the consequences.
    Of course, you are still free to vote as you wish, albeit, I am not sure if the election willbe free and if, once elected, opponents of the regime wont be removed from parliament under the new immunity law because they are kurds and, therefore terrorists, have a relative which worked in a "terrorist" school, has a "virus", or posted something against the government or which may look critical to the paranoid censors.
    Democracy means everyone has a voice, when all voices sing the same tune, nobody has a voice anymore.

• emre said: I am a Turkish citizen living in Turkey and much better know the current situation in my own country at the moment.

I guess I live in a different country then or you know nothing about the situation because of your political views. You can be Erdogan supporter but you have to see and embrace the truth. The country is nowhere near good enough to invest. It is a country where taxes change each year, companies stop operation with a 1 week notice (PayPal) and law is suspended for 3 months at least. None of these are signs of a developing economy.

• kingcobs999kingcobs999 Member
    edited July 2016

Demoncrazy just means giving power to secret societies through the puppets they can control & is achieved with help of presstitutes & propaganda. Things are going to get so out of control of those who think they control the world & decide fate of nations that there will be dictatorship in true sense in most countries including in the continent of Europe & Americas, only in a few years from now. The axis of power for next few centuries is going to be a country situated in middle of Asia.