Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reddit Help URGENT!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reddit Help URGENT!!!

SolidxGamingSolidxGaming Member
edited April 2016 in Help

Hello guys,

I want to make a reddit clone on my VPS.

I want to install it on CentOS 7. My VPS currently has 8 GB RAM and 2 IPv4s.

Please someone help me.

Thanked by 1rethinkvps

Comments

• whats his "urgent help" problem now, i dont get it?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Isn't this Blazing Servers shill?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Urgent: Came up with new get rich quick scheme, have one hour before ADD kicks in.

• Why reinvent the wheel?

https://github.com/reddit/reddit

Don't like Reddit? Install Voat instead.

https://github.com/voat/voat

• edited April 2016

@sercio said:
    whats his "urgent help" problem now, i dont get it?

This OP wants a full guide on making it, installing it and fixing any issues he might ever have with it, basically doing a paid job for free, for some random stranger over the internet.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @theroyalstudent i know ;) , just joking :P

• @sercio said:
    @theroyalstudent i know ;) , just joking :P

:P but it's just there for anyone who really doesn't know what he needs us inferior and non-premium slaves to do. HEHH

• vedranvedran Veteran

OP is legit, this is their first post outside of Blazing Servers thread and they have a legitimate question and they haven't mentioned Blazing Servers at all.

Oh wait ...

• AmitzAmitz Member

vedran said: OP is legit, this is their first post outside of Blazing Servers thread and they have a legitimate question and they haven't mentioned Blazing Servers at all.

Oh wait ...

Thanked by 1vedran
  • BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@SolidxGaming said:
    Hello guys,

I want to make a reddit clone on my VPS with Blazing Servers.

Please someone help me.

Please delete the name Blazing Servers as people are not liking it.

• PandyPandy Member
    edited April 2016

@BlazingServers said:

i think the damage is already done..

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@BlazingServers said:

@SolidxGaming said:
    Hello guys,

I want to make a reddit clone on my VPS with Blazing Servers.

Please someone help me.

No shit.

Thanked by 1lbft
  • Please I want some real help. Please.

• PandyPandy Member

@SolidxGaming said:
    Please I want some real help. Please.

real help as in step by step guide or do you actually want someone else to install it for you?

as theres atleast 2 links already, that explain what you need to do

• dailydaily Member

You're joking. I suggest a Managed system. You've been linked twice to the Reddit installation page. You don't want to do any work, it's obvious.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2016

@SolidxGaming said:

Listen you ridiculous fucking scrote, your sole contribution to this forum is to show up and shill for a shithouse of a provider, so turning up and begging for help is only going to have the opposite effect.

You can't even be fucking bothered to make a decent post about exactly what help you need, just a generic 'help me make a Reddit', so why should anyone lift a finger to help you?

You make me fucking sick.

• reddit.make4me.now.thx.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Trolls are thick this spring.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @SolidxGaming said:

LowEndTalk isn't a place for you to shit shill about a hosting company that failed at the start, then think that you can get people to work for you for free (or for nearly nothing) because it's "LowEnd".

Isn't @BlazingServers very good? Get him to set that up then.

Like StackOverflow (or some other q&a place for code?), for such requests and questions, I feel that there should be a rule stated for these people who need help to at least mention what they have tried, otherwise lazyasses like OP would take the kindness of those who answered for granted.

Wanted to help you with it if you could even state what you have done, but hey, being a godamn lazy fuck you have done nothing, other than buying a VPS from BS (which you probably got for free as payment for your failed shill)

And now, unless you pay me 69.99 USD sent via FedEx to my house, I won't help you install Reddit on your VPS, bitch.

• Hey guys...your not answering my question. The problem I'm facing is the OS compatibility for Reddit and I want to know if CentOS 7 is compatible with Reddit or not. What can I do? Also can you guys act mature? Thanks

edited April 2016

@SolidxGaming said:
    Hey guys...your not answering my question. The problem I'm facing is the OS compatibility for Reddit and I want to know if CentOS 7 is compatible with Reddit or not. What can I do? Also can you guys act mature? Thanks

Yes CentOS 7 can run web servers and various script interpreters like PHP, etc.

I should note that if you have to ask that, you have an uphill battle in front of you. Don't give up though, try over and over again and research everything you can until you get it right.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@SolidxGaming said:
    Hey guys...your not answering my question.

No shit.

The more I think about, the more I'm thinking this is a troll :-/

Thanked by 1netomx
  • dailydaily Member

@jarland said:

Looks like BlazingServers accidentally thanked you on their main account.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited April 2016

And this applies for a lof of computer stuff

• Blazing Servers is not controlling my account, I have another partner on here that is inexperienced with asking questions on the forum. Both me and cousin want to know how to install Reddit on a VPS, Step by Step. Blazing Servers has little experience on installing it. Also I'm no troll, who ever thinks that needs to stop and answer my question or don't say anything.

• @jarland said:

@SolidxGaming said:
    Hey guys...your not answering my question. The problem I'm facing is the OS compatibility for Reddit and I want to know if CentOS 7 is compatible with Reddit or not. What can I do? Also can you guys act mature? Thanks

Yes CentOS 7 can run web servers and various script interpreters like PHP, etc.

I should note that if you have to ask that, you have an uphill battle in front of you. Don't give up though, try over and over again and research everything you can until you get it right.

Thank You, Jarland

That's the answer I wanted, you can move this topic or deleted it.

Your questions were answered. Did you have any more?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

@SolidxGaming said:
    That's the answer I wanted, you can move this topic or deleted it.

Am happy that you could find a solution to your problem.