Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic is back
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic is back

http://crissic.net/

Looks like Crissic is back in the game, only this time selling high end "virtual dedicated servers".

Interesting move for QuadraNet, considering most assumed they had bought the company only for IP space.

Comments

• stabstab Member

Just got the email, Crissic has relaunched under Quadranet with new VPS offers with very "tempting" prices, such as:

$30/month for 1GB RAM, 1 core and 10GB SSD.
    $76/month for 4GB RAM, 4 cores and 100GB SSD.

I wonder how long my $10/year 256MB/50GB vps with them will last. So far so good.

They obviously don't belong on LEB anymore, but I thought this was pretty surprising. Who pays such prices for unmanaged VPSes?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Hopefully they have a damn good SLA considering those look like just regular KVM VPS.

• Got this email just now https://paste.ee/p/KGJpg

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

Did you read their horrific prices? The Crissic name is a shame to the LEB market. (off-topic: is it just me or LET has been a bit slow lately?)

Thanked by 2MikeA DETio
  • QuadraNet probably did buy Crissic for the IPs. Now they're selling VPS at such a high price that nobody will buy them anyways.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

Edit: wrong thread

• wow so expensive. more expensive than linode etc

• thanks, but no thanks. such a high price yet nothing special. with that price I would go with ramnode or digitalocean.

• @TheCTS said:
    QuadraNet probably did buy Crissic for the IPs. Now they're selling VPS at such a high price that nobody will buy them anyways.

Totally agreed. All this relaunch thing seems like a scenario

Thanked by 1netomx
  • irmirm Member
    edited March 2016

Absurd pricing when there are so many proven providers out there for a fraction of the price.... WTF.

• sinsin Member

Why would you go for this instead of just using Quadranet Infracloud which is much cheaper?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

rip off pricing given its nothing special at all.

i cancelled 2/3 of my crissic vps yesterday, and i definitely won't renew the last.

really don't like quadranet.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Experience the exciting relaunch and revamp of Crissic!

• Really those prices for a SolusVM KVM VPS?

Thanked by 1shovenose
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@linuxthefish said:
    Really those prices for a SolusVM KVM VPS?

And also they mentioned VDS, in my opinion VDS should be VMWARE instances :)

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@linuxthefish said:
    Really those prices for a SolusVM KVM VPS?

And also they mentioned VDS, in my opinion VDS should be VMWARE instances :)

• Got the same email, and giggled all the way to the delete button. I started a tor exit node on my crissic server. I hope they like the traffic spike.

Thanked by 1TheCTS
  • thagoat said: Got the same email

Gmail put it in spam for me where it belongs! Can't even login to unsubscribe :(

• Sounds like a good idea, however I don't like they new logo :s What was wrong with the logo they got in the sale?

• ATHKATHK Member

That logo makes no sense.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

ATHK said: That logo makes no sense.

It did to the fiverr guy who made it.

• lazytlazyt Member

Oh come on it's the Universal sign for power so it's supposed to symbolize the power of Crissic

Are your bs senses tingling yet?

• sharuusharuu Member
    edited March 2016

Was almost hoping @SkylarM would be back when I saw the title.

• We can get a much better specs of Dedicated Server from OVH at that price. What is so special with those new 1GB plans at Crissic?

• got email too, not interested and not for LET market. woot...

• MunMun Member

Don't worry guys it is just an early April fools joke.

Thanked by 1TheCTS
  • tommytommy Member

what wrong if they move from LEB market? move on :P

• manlivomanlivo Member
    edited March 2016

Got email from crissic but so expensive.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

stab said: $30/month for 1GB RAM, 1 core and 10GB SSD

That seems a tad high, unless it's managed.

• @jarland said:
    That seems a tad high, unless it's managed.

Could just be reselling DO & Linode ;)

I don't know anyone who would pay that for an unmanaged service, even in the non-LET world.