Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic is back - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic is back

2»

Comments

• @jmccarthy said:
    Interesting move for QuadraNet, considering most assumed they had bought the company only for IP space.

They did. They know nobody with common sense is gonna pay these prices for a standard VPS.

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@sharuu said:
    Was almost hoping SkylarM would be back when I saw the title.

So he could disappear for a third time? :P

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

wow $29.99/m for 1GB RAM VPS !!!! Better get dedicated server with the same price

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • The price can get a so good kvm even a dedi.Byebye crissic.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • MadMad Member

It's part of Quadranet group now, glad to hear it.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2016

Anyone really surprised? Come on! ;-) That was foreseeable!

Thanked by 2lazyt netomx
  • @mikeyur said:
    I don't know anyone who would pay that for an unmanaged service, even in the non-LET world.

There are companies in the "no-one ever got fired for choosing" category that could get away with charging enterprises this amount for an unmanaged service, but Crissic isn't one of them. There's no name-brand recognition among PHB types as there is with Rackspace, AWS etc.

I used to work at a place that paid Rackspace around $30 for VPSs that you could get even from a reputable non-LE company like Bytemark for around a third of the price. Perhaps that's the market they're aiming for - but they'll need to invest in all sorts of ancillary staff (sales, account managers, general random boss-schmoozers) etc to get there.

• Just received an email this morning, quadrant allows me to renew my old dirty old crissic Vps. 100gb disk + 1 thread cpu + 512mb
    Ram (I guess, haven't checked yet) for 13usd a year. Quite surprised as they decided to continue. Anyway, thanks quadrant and crissic.

• At least there wasn't an official announcement on the boards of LET (that I'm aware of) because then all bets would be off on how delusional these people are.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2016

Well its "Premium", thats why you pay moah.

Thanked by 2netomx Mathias
  • sinsin Member
    edited March 2016

When I think of Crissic I picture an old musky closet that smells like dirty socks and has shoe boxes with old servers shoved in them and a sign on the closet that says "Dirty filthy LET users" and a chalkboard next to the sign with the number of IPs owned and how many dirty LET customers they have left to get rid of.

I'm guessing Quadranet keeps that closet somewhere in the basement of the datacenter :).

For $10 more you can just get one of Quadranet's $39 dedicated servers instead of their $29.99/month VPS.

• XenosXenos Member

I'm still waiting for a Quadranet rep to post here so we can laugh at them.

• I'm sure Quadranet has a logical reason behind the extremely high prices, then again I don't. 1GB/$30 maybe they just messed up on the prices and added one to many zeros.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2016
    1. The service is unmanaged. There is an extra 30$ for management!
    2. It comes without a panel. They want another 15$ for CPanel.
    3. The port is only 100Mbit! And they charge another 5$ for an... upgrade to 1Gbit port!!!
    4. The traffic limit is 500GB (for the 30$ plan, 1TB for the 40$ plan)! They charge a whole 10$ for an extra TB!
    5. They offer a DDoS mitigation not over 3Gbps and 1.5 mil pps. To upgrade it to a mitigation of 10Gbps, they want 200$!
    6. The discs are not ssd but "Seagate Constellation ES" (SATA or SAS)!!!
    7. They do not offer backup.

Why the heck should anyone go with Crissic for those specs and cost at 30$?
    Knownhost for 35$ has a managed vps with equal share to 24 cores, 1.5 GB ram, 25GB SSD and 5TB bandwidth! Or Linode's plan with 2 GB RAM, 2 cores, 48 GB SSD, 3 TB bandwidth on a 250 Mbps port costs 20$ per month.

Really, what makes Quadranet think they are better in any way than Linode or Knownhost?

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @thagoat said:
    I started a tor exit node on my crissic server. I hope they like the traffic spike.

So then this happened lol!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Get over it, @thagoat

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Ummm get over what?

@thagoat said:
    Ummm get over what?

About breaking the TOS and try to make another stsin in Crissic. You also wanted to cancel it, so,just let it go

• Whatever dude. Just showing the relationship. Maybe you should

@thagoat said:
    Whatever dude. Just showing the relationship. Maybe you should

lol, I,was just pointing how inmature you look. Have "fun" haha

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • @doghouch said:
    The Crissic name is a shame to the LEB market.

One would imagine that is because they are longer targeting the LEB market.

• MunMun Member

@Microlinux said:
    One would imagine that is because they are longer targeting the LEB market.

A better question is which market are they targeting. Personally i don't think they are targeting any. You can find by far better services with do, vultr, linode, or just buy a dedicated service at that pricing. Not to mention you would get more bang for the buck at those providers.

• @Mun said:
    A better question is which market are they targeting.

People that will pay that much. But that's neither here nor there given the name of this forum . . .

• Microlinux said: People that will pay that much.

A wealthy, rich guy will pay for a ferrari lot of bucks. But he won't pay the same amount to get a fiat panda, just because he has money. He will pay what a panda really costs. So, whatever customer group the new "crissic" is targeting, no one will pay more for less, except if he has lack of knowledge AND the product is bombing clients with heavy advertisement. Do you think Crissic is soooo... well known outside LET market or trying to be popular?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

VPSensational said: There are companies in the "no-one ever got fired for choosing" category that could get away with charging enterprises this amount for an unmanaged service, but Crissic isn't one of them.

@jvnadr said:
    A wealthy, rich guy will pay for a ferrari lot of bucks. But he won't pay the same amount to get a fiat panda, just because he has money. He will pay what a panda really costs. So, whatever customer group the new "crissic" is targeting, no one will pay more for less, except if he has lack of knowledge AND the product is bombing clients with heavy advertisement. Do you think Crissic is soooo... well known outside LET market or trying to be popular?

These two quotes pretty much sum it up. Crissic is trying to cash in on brand equity which doesn't exist.

Thanked by 1TheCTS
  • @jvnadr said:

Yeah, I have nothing to do with, nor care about the rationale for, their pricing. Their success or failure . . . couldn't care less personally.