Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats up with the recent influx of shitty hosts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whats up with the recent influx of shitty hosts?

gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
edited November 2012 in General

I've noticed that recently 1 or 2 new hosts signed up per day, spammed a few posts (or in some cases didn't even the rules) and posted an "offer". Does anyone know what's up with that? Did LET got featured on a kiddy hosters forum or so?

Comments

• It always was like that. It happened to me to delete up to 3 topics per one day some months ago ;)

• True, but they seem to appear in "batches"

• Too many kids with money at christmas time :(

• I usually just flag it right away.

• Tell me about it, haven't fed my LEB addiction since @jarland's 2G offer, which was like what...3 months ago? ;p

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Did LET got featured on a kiddy hosters forum or so?

Maybe they got tired of spamming on WHT?

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@PhilND said: Too many kids with money at christmas time :(

Yes i agree. How old are you again?

• @Steven.N said: Yes i agree. How old are you again?

Yes, I agree. How old are you again? **

edited November 2012

• Oh, its that image again.

@DataFrogs said: Oh, its that image again.

Is perfect grammar that important to you?

• Well, no nothing is perfect, however at least try to not mess up when writing. I believe the first things you learn is schools is proper grammar, for example I's must be capitalised if it is in a line like so:
    "Steven and I decided to have a chat about grammar."

• @DataFrogs said: Oh, it's that image again.

FTFY.

• @DataFrogs said: I believe the first things you learn is schools is proper grammar

English is not my first language. I apologise profusely.

• @Steven.N said: English is not my first language. I apologise profusely.

Nor is English my first language. Yet, I still managed to learn it?

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited November 2012

@DataFrogs said: Oh, its that image again.

It’s vs. Its

This is another common mistake. It’s also easily avoided by thinking through what you’re trying to say.
    “It’s” is a contraction of “it is” or “it has.” “Its” is a possessive pronoun, as in “this blog has lost its mojo.” Here’s an easy rule of thumb—repeat your sentence out loud using “it is” instead. If that sounds goofy, “its” is likely the correct choice.

Source: http://www.copyblogger.com/5-common-mistakes-that-make-you-look-dumb/

• @DataFrogs said: Nor is English my first language. Yet, I still managed to learn it?

This is an international community. As long as people are understood correctly, I don't see the problem with 'incorrect' grammar.

Please, stop being so pedantic. It's a pointless battle that'll only end with you looking like an arrogant twat.

@DataFrogs said: Nor is English my first language. Yet, I still managed to learn it?

So now you spend your time correcting grammar on forums. Cool.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

lol I don't know wut al thes gramer tawlk aboot

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Steven.N said: I apologise profusely.

@DataFrogs give the guy a chance. He just used the word "profusely".

• I never said I had anything against him, I just simply corrected his grammar there.

• @rsk kudos :)

• This isn't LowEndGrammar, people can choose to speak how they wish. They don't need judges and teachers to tell them what to do and how to do it.

• As an American, we didn't win the American Revolution to speak English. We speak American.

As for the subject, probably somebody modified spam software to work with VanillaForum. Sweet, the same spam feeling with phpBB, vBulletin and XenForo now on VanillaForum and LET!

• they are coming in "batches" :)

• @DataFrogs said: I just simply corrected his grammar there.

And how does correcting his grammar add to the conversation? You neither changed the meaning of his statement or added anything of value to the conversation, you simply wasted our time.

Are you saying Einstein should have worried more of his grammar than his ideas? The world would have been a better place for that how? We are all here to exchange ideas, I'm sure you can visit some other forum to nanny their grammar.

• @miTgiB said: Are you saying Einstein should have worried more of his grammar than his ideas?

He married his 2nd cousin. He wasn't worried about much.
    (Hint: anyone starts a discussion about Einstein, throw this in about less than 5 minutes in the conversation to successfully hijack it)

• He married his 2nd cousin. He wasn't worried about much.

So what? He wanted to keep it in the family :P

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

lol, "eww" aside, 2nd cousins should be fine from a genetic standpoint... less of course the family never um... married out of the family for quite a few generations.