Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats up with the recent influx of shitty hosts? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whats up with the recent influx of shitty hosts?

2»

Comments

• @bamn

Einstein could also see into the future as evidenced here:

facebook-addiction

• sorry for my "non-native english" but :

Whats up with the recent influx of shitty hosts? == Grammar?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I know that couldn't is written like that. Or wouldn't.
    Or can't for that matter, or people.
    So far I don't think many people were correcting my errors and I have a problem with past tenses in English (yeah, I know it should be capitalized, same as Romanian or Turk).
    Please do, if you feel like it, I don't mind, but only if you add also something, quoting only to correct mistakes is a waste of time, IMO.

• @Maounique said: Please do, if you feel like it, I don't mind,

I have no problem asking you if I do not understand the point you were making, you can take a class if you really want better writing skills ;)

• ztecztec Member
    edited November 2012

Whatever happened to l337sp34k? I expected this would be the language of the internet by now.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited November 2012

@ztec it stopped when script-kiddies were outed as being the hipsters of geeks. (and txtspk took it over)

http://megatokyo.com/strip/9

To this day I can still read that in a fluent pace.

• Maybe we should increase the registration time and number of posts before they are allowed to post an offer?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Probably just increase the number of useless posts.

• Yea I think increasing post count won't do anything, you'd be surprised how many useless posts show up before anyone seems to even get a clue they're just post-padding.

• Are you calling me a shitty host? I resemble that remark

• @24khost said: Are you calling me a shitty host? I resemble that remark

Actually i was refering to the amount of hosts that signed up during the last week or two, but i can include you in the list if you want ;)

• Lol!

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

The reason is you can get servers cheaper and cheaper. This will continue happening in this industry and unfortunately it'll get worse and worse as time goes on!

However there is a positive side. People will sign up for crappy hosts, get pissed off and come looking for better hosts. Downside is people will loose money.

• @httpzoom

amagine when I launch my dedicated servers, hurr

• @marcm said: Einstein could also see into the future as evidenced here:

My new desktop wallpaper.

r u srs??!!!11

• @httpzoom said: The reason is you can get servers cheaper and cheaper. This will continue happening in this industry and unfortunately it'll get worse and worse as time goes on!

Hey guys, I just got a Kimsufi mKS 2G and I'll be starting a hosting business off of it.

/s

• @httpzoom said: The reason is you can get servers cheaper and cheaper. This will continue happening in this industry and unfortunately it'll get worse and worse as time goes on!

I think this will be stopped by the rising IPv4 costs. OVH suddenly charging for IPs will stop many kids host, but unfortunately also puts hosts that do a good job like MiniVPS into trouble.

I guess if there was a real market for IPv6 only servers we would see a shitton of new kiddy hosts.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: I think this will be stopped by the rising IPv4 costs.

Agrees. Many times, we've found a good deal only to be set back by the cost of IP.

• @kalam said: Hey guys, I just got a Kimsufi mKS 2G and I'll be starting a hosting business off of it.

Considering you can get a maximum of 4 IPs for it, you'd better hope the IPv6-only VPS market picks up ;)

• @Zen

Yeah, I don't expect anyone to run a VPS company on my servers.
    I don't even support it, they get an ipv4 and a ipv6 block, but just like OVH I don't give ipv4 blocks.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

IPv6 will have to pick up, at least in Europe.
    Old Style IPv4 cheap hosting will be available still for a long time in US. That will save them the need to invest in modernizing for a while. But then they will complain things are much cheaper and internet much better elsewhere...