Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want a dedicated of about 250 ips
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want a dedicated of about 250 ips

Hello,want a dedicated server about 250 ips,no spam,no abuse,no seo....
Only setup vps for http proxy and shaodowsocks to browser foreign website for my clients.Please give me your best price.Will need to create about 250 openvz vps on the node,so please make sure the server specifications will meet the demand.Thank you.

Comments

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited February 2016

Is it used to bypass GFW?

• @masterqqq said:
    Is it used to bypass GFW?

Yes,our client need to go across the GFW

• @kousinnryou Sent you PM. Thanks.

• What are the specs per vm you need? Have you looked into OVH?

• @HOSTBD24 said:

Can we see the offer publicly?

• Nooblette said: Can we see the offer publicly?

I didn't sent him a offer yet, just let him knew that we can do what he looking for.

For a server it's really up to you, but i would suggest at-least 32GB RAM to hold 250 VPS and /24 IPv4 Block will cost you $135.00 USD /Month from us. We got few great dedicated server deals right now, but first you need to mention what is your expected configuration.

Thanked by 1Nooblette
  • To bypass GFW you don't really need OpenVZ VPSes. You can spin up as many ss servers as you like in any lightweight container, such as dockers. 250 processes will not use that much memory I guess.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2016

@qps @Jonchun

Get an Dedi from ▲▲ then rent IP space from @john https://my.garrisonhost.com/cart.php?gid=7 ask you provider to announce the IP space this will reduce the cost significantly

if I'm correct 40to50$ for server then 70$ for IP space (if you rent it for an year then IP space is 50$)

for 120 to 130$/Month you can get your setup.

Server specs

Dual L5420 (8 cores, 2.5Ghz, 12MB cache)
    16 GB RAM
    120 GB SSD
    /29 IPv4 (DDoS Protected!)
    10 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    $44/month

E3-1220 (4 cores, 3.1Ghz with a turbo of 3.4Ghz, 8MB cache)
    8 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    120 GB SSD
    /29 IPv4
    10 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    $49/month

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • simonindia said: E3-1220 (4 cores, 3.1Ghz with a turbo of 3.4Ghz, 8MB cache)

8 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    120 GB SSD
    /29 IPv4
    10 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    $49/month

Nah, this is definitely not going to handle 250 OpenVZ VPS, though i have doubt for both. People use different things to bypass GFW and they are really resource eater.

And you forgot to mention $70 USD setup fee for that IP Block.

• HOSTBD24 said: Nah, this is definitely not going to handle 250 OpenVZ VPS, though i have doubt for both. People use different things to bypass GFW and they are really resource eater.

And you forgot to mention $70 USD setup fee for that IP Block.

Facts ▼▼

1)it can handle more than 250 OpenVz container(VPS)

2)the hardware can handle the "Resource Eater"

3)You see i have tagged the John he can make a deal

4)I'm just giving OP some options

5)I have no intentions to start an Hosting business so don't worry

Have a great day ☺

• @simonindia Actually i was worried about Memory that plan contains and also about the storage.

I saw you have great experience, you should start a hosting company :) Good Luck to you too.

• @HOSTBD24 said:
    simonindia Actually i was worried about Memory that plan contains and also about the storage.

I saw you have great experience, you should start a hosting company :) Good Luck to you too.

Thanks but I don't mean to offend you ☺

• guess processes getting killed won't be an issue :D

• @msg7086 said:
    To bypass GFW you don't really need OpenVZ VPSes. You can spin up as many ss servers as you like in any lightweight container, such as dockers. 250 processes will not use that much memory I guess.

Docker and OpenVZ are both containers. I'm no expert, but neither will take up much RAM and I can't imagine there would be much difference in performance between the two. They're both built atop of LXC. I could very well be mistaken, in which case I would love an expert to chime in.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

iwaswrongonce said: hey're both built atop of LXC. I could very well be mistaken, in which case I would love an expert to chime in.

You are mistaken. They are not both built off of LXC

• LXC and VZ are OS type container. Spin up a container and you get all daemons with init, and that will consume a lot.

Docker is process based container. Spin up a docker and you only get the process you want to execute, thus saves unnecessary memory consumption.

There is also systemd-nspawn, which I believe you can do both type. But it's relatively new and you may not get enough tools and documentation.

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    You are mistaken. They are not both built off of LXC

Great explanation. Spoken like someone who's not quite sure how different they are.

iwaswrongonce said: Great explanation. Spoken like someone who's not quite sure how different they are.

OpenVZ existed long before LXC did. Docker used to be based off of LXC but then they broke off and did their own thing.

I am very much aware of the difference

• @msg7086 said:
    Spin up a container and you get all daemons with init, and that will consume a lot.

Not always. My understanding is that we are talking about a few MB/instance difference in a barebones OpenVZ (essentially just a container) and a Docker. The real benefit comes down to admin: OVZ meant to be used as VPS and Docker as a service. We spin up hundreds of Docker instances on AWS for trade analysis, and I just don't think that's nearly as convenient with OVZ.

• hello , can you tell me a estimated traffic /mo ?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Pm sent @kousinnryou

• iwaswrongonceiwaswrongonce Member
    edited February 2016

@Awmusic12635 said:
    OpenVZ existed long before LXC did. Docker used to be based off of LXC but then they broke off and did their own thing.

I am very much aware of the difference

LOL. This is akin to saying "Well, fire existed before nuclear fission, thus I am an expert in nuclear physics". Come on man. I was looking to be genuinely educated.

iwaswrongonce said: I was looking to be genuinely educated.

iwaswrongonce said: Great explanation. Spoken like someone who's not quite sure how different they are.

Hard to tell from your sarcasm

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2016

We can offer 256 ip's range if you need. Contact me for a special deal.

• @iwaswrongonce said:
    Not always. My understanding is that we are talking about a few MB/instance difference in a barebones OpenVZ (essentially just a container) and a Docker. The real benefit comes down to admin: OVZ meant to be used as VPS and Docker as a service. We spin up hundreds of Docker instances on AWS for trade analysis, and I just don't think that's nearly as convenient with OVZ.

Good point. My original intention was to point out that OpenVZ is an overkill in this situation. Memory consumption is just one factor, your point is the other.

edited February 2016

@msg7086 said:
    Good point. My original intention was to point out that OpenVZ is an overkill in this situation. Memory consumption is just one factor, your point is the other.

All good points. As a trader, CPU/RAM should be commoditized like everything else. I am in the process of securing some serious computing power. So very curious how to most efficiently distribute this amongst tasks.

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited February 2016

iwaswrongonce said: LOL. This is akin to saying "Well, fire existed before nuclear fission, thus I am an expert in nuclear physics". Come on man. I was looking to be genuinely educated.

Sorry @Awmusic12635, you have to please excuse @iwaswrongonce.

Unfortunately, it does sound like he's saying: "LOL, I'm going to be a complete sarcastic jerk who is going to troll you simply because you realised and pointed out that I was wrong about an earlier statement (that I said without thinking much). By doing so, I'll feel better about myself and won't have to bother reading up on any OpenVZ/LXC history. LOL!".

However, don't take offense because what he's actually trying to say is: "Thanks so much @Awmusic12635 for taking a few minutes out of your own busy schedule/life and attempting to enlighten me. I'm not going to be a lazy-ass but will instead go and research the topic myself since I believe it's actually a very interesting history. So, can we please be BFFs? xXxXx".

• Can OP please just get what he wants? He doesn't need you guys ruining his thread.

edited February 2016

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    Sorry @Awmusic12635, you have to please excuse @iwaswrongonce.

Oh gawwd, username aside this is just an adorable attempt.

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    Unfortunately, it does sound like he's saying: "LOL, I'm going to be a complete sarcastic jerk who is going to troll you simply because you realised and pointed out that I was wrong about an earlier statement (that I said without thinking much). By doing so, I'll feel better about myself and won't have to bother reading up on any OpenVZ/LXC history. LOL!".

How dense is this board? I literally (and genuinely) asked for someone to opine on the differences. They are not critical to me. I thought they were both LXC based. Turns out I was mistaken. But was also genuinely curious in some discussion between the two architectures since I certainly don't know...and beyond the shallow "services vs. vps" answers, I have yet to see someone who really does. That type of commentary is what I was interested in.

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    However, don't take offense because what he's actually trying to say is: "Thanks so much @Awmusic12635 for taking a few minutes out of your own busy schedule/life and attempting to enlighten me. I'm not going to be a lazy-ass but will instead go and research the topic myself since I believe it's actually a very interesting history. So, can we please be BFFs? xXxXx".

Yes, his answer was truly enlightening. It consisted of two sentences stating that no, they are not both built on LXC. Groundbreaking work if I do say so. Ok fantastic, so we have scratched 0.5% of the topic? In researching the detailed architectural and design differences, mostly it comes down to people regurgitating what the typical use cases are and not what the actual differences are. There are some really smart people on this board who I would guess have the answers to this. You're clearly not one of them. And as tongue-in-cheek as you thought you were being, this was just pathetic. Seriously.

Are you really that bored that you're going to try to pick a fight over this? Put your big boy fedora on, and contribute something of worth to the discussion.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB