Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want a dedicated of about 250 ips - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want a dedicated of about 250 ips

2»

Comments

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited February 2016

Apologies to @kousinnryou for the derailing.

@iwaswrongonce, someone actually bothered to correct you and you've been nothing but sarcastic.

iwaswrongonce said: contribute something of worth to the discussion

Not for a lazy-ass unapologetic troll. Ignored.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • What's the RAM usage for one openvz container running shadowsocks? You might be able to get away with 8GB if you measure first. 250 containers really won't use many resources, I'm willing to be it will run fine on a L5520!

@Zappie has ARIN blocks for around $55 paid monthly with no setup fees, and you can get a 24gb RAM dual L5520 for $49 from https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/53259/quickpacket-los-angeles-atlanta-dual-xeon-l5520-49-per-month#latest

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

HOSTBD24 said: Nah, this is definitely not going to handle 250 OpenVZ VPS

Your right it can handle around 1000.

• AnthonySmith said: Your right it can handle around 1000.

Even when 250 VPS running shadowsocks at the same time and 8 GB RAM is going to handle 250 VPS not look good to me.

But may be i am less experienced, i am sorry if i hurt you in any way.

• MadMad Member
    edited February 2016

I highly suggest you to get the IPv4 block externally (90-100$) and announce it on the dedicated.

You will save a lot of money.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@andreamada said:
    I highly suggest you to get the IPv4 block externally (50-60$) and announce it on the dedicated.

You will save a lot of money.

I doubt he will find a /24 for $50-60 except ripe.

• @AlbaHost said:
    I doubt he will find a /24 for $50-60 except ripe.

I edited it few seconds later, I meant 90-100$ :)
    You have been faster than me!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We'd be more than happy to announce your own block free of charge here at Clouvider. Let me know if you're interested :).

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

As others have said, your best (and cheapest) bet will be to rent a /24 IP block from one provider and choose a dedicated server from another that suits your needs.

• Clouvider said: We'd be more than happy to announce your own block free of charge here at Clouvider. Let me know if you're interested :).

I don't think UK location is good for Asia or to bypass GFW of China.

• HOSTBD24 said: I don't think UK location is good for Asia or to bypass GFW of China.

UK is really great for Asia. We usually have under 150ms ping from Sri Lanka.

• sdglhm said: UK is really great for Asia. We usually have under 150ms ping from Sri Lanka.

My bad, but i have known that West Coast, USA is the best location for Asia and to bypass GFW of china there is something more needed than just server location.

May be @ItsChrisG can explain better than me as he is the man with Asian Optimized Network.

• We currently have a promotion on our budget E3v5 dedicated servers and could do a /24 or 2 x /25 blocks if you also wish to have some IP diversity.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

OP doesn't need a BIG server to host 250 Shadowsocks customers.

There are very efficient Shadowsocks implementations so an E3 would likely be more than enough depending on the traffic. Even a VPS can do if it's only a few TB/month.

Oh, and a single Shadowsocks server can host thousands of customers, no need for multiple OVZ containers or something like that. @kousinnryou.

• @kousinnryou said:
    Hello,want a dedicated server about 250 ips,no spam,no abuse,no seo....
    Only setup vps for http proxy and shaodowsocks to browser foreign website for my clients.Please give me your best price.Will need to create about 250 openvz vps on the node,so please make sure the server specifications will meet the demand.Thank you.

There are budget?

Intel Xeon E5-2603 v2 Quad Core

128GB DDR3

2TB SSD

/ 24

:)