Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Interested in sponsoring my site?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone Interested in sponsoring my site?

pavspavs Member
edited November 2012 in General

So I have a blog/site that does ok traffic. Nothing crazy. (traffic pic: http://i.imgur.com/hLCUd.png)

I would generally not ask for a sponsor for hosting my site. But I recently moved to a country which doesn't support paypal and is generally a huge pain to make any sort of foreign currency payment. So I was hoping that I could find a lowend vps sponsor to host my site, in exchange I can let them have linkback and logo on the frontpage. (but no sponsored blog post or other active promotion, sorry)

I have a similar understand with NetDNA/MaxCDN (a cdn provider) who gives me free CDN for putting their logo on my site.

I am currently on comforthost $5.99 plan featured on LEB few weeks ago (http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/spotvps-5-99month-2gb-openvz-vps-in-las-vegas/) which is pretty much all I need for now. I bought it with my last measly funds on my paypal account.

I would contact comforthost first (and avoid the hassle of moving) but they don't seem to have a direct email contact, which I think is the best way to discuss this.

I am hopefully looking for a provider who has been around for a while and reliable.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Have you tried FreeVPS.us?

• ~150 views a day? That's it? Any reason why you need a VPS for this, and shared hosting won't work?

• jhjh Member
    edited November 2012

You've also said nothing about what your site does..

Nice traffic monitoring software though

• @jhadley said: Nice traffic monitoring software though

It's Jetpack site stats (Official WP Plugin)

• Why did over a third of your total counted hits occur on one day?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Algo, 2gb? It's a lot for a blog.

Check host1free

• hostbluff has a nice partnership program that may work out good for both of you.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited November 2012

Actually we sponsor @giang budgetvps.co and we would be happy to sponsor you as well as long as we can paste 3 ads onto your site :)...... Please contact me [email protected] @pavs

• +1 Hostbluff is great.

• jhjh Member

@wdq said: +1 Hostbluff is great.

HostBluff is big on sponsoring - it's how we keep afloat.

• ...... why do you guys keep trolling him?

• Depending on memory/cpu usage you would probably easily fit on shared hosting, if your interested in this let me know @pavs

@Corey said: ...... why do you guys keep trolling him?

LowEndTalk...
    Reasons why I don't post so much anymore, threads all get derailed by low quality crap when someones asking for help or researching

• I'd be more than happy to sponsor you a shared hosting account on our fast cPanel server in Dallas, Texas. :)

• What is the link to your website? You can PM me if you want to keep it secret.

• Thanks everyone for your interest. To answer some question and comments.

1) The reason I have a lot of traffic in one month but not so much on others. Because at one point I was more actively working on the site and some of the posts really went viral. Ever since the move I didn't have enough time to work on it. Now that I am settled in, I plan to work on it more often

2) I had very very bad experience with shared hosting, to the point that I have nightmares about them. I also like to be more hands on my site/server with plugins that might need root access to server.

3) The site in question is slashgeek.net . Nothing fancy and not have been updated in some time. But I care about it.

• EWWWWWW you have videos ads on your website with sound!

• I do? had no idea. Just put the ads recently. I specifically remember checking the box to not put video ads.

• mahjongmahjong Member
    edited November 2012

Hi!

Your blog is far from big, it would fit on a shared hosting easily. You should just place it there, use google ads. As soon as shared hosts won't be able to handle your site, it will already generate enough revenue to move to a vps.
    Even if you don't want to use a shared host, a 128 mb ram vps should be enough for you. That would cost about 1,5-2/month. You can find 1-2-3 month trial free vps-s on freevps.us. You could start there and maybe use some refferral link to your host on your site so if someone registers through it you will get some money which you can spend on hosting...
    there are quite a huge number of possibilities on the internet to earn 1-2 dollars. It only depends on you if you want to make it.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@jhadley said: HostBluff is big on sponsoring - it's how we keep afloat.

Warning: HostBluff does not allow php on VPS(php allowed only on dedicated server)

• @pavs said: I had very very bad experience with shared hosting, to the point that I have nightmares about them.

This would be effected by not using a very very bad host. There are many on LET (including IPXcore) that offers great shared hosting.

• We might be able to give you a VPS with 256/512MB for a banner ad, if you're interested?

• Warning: HostBluff does not allow php on VPS(php allowed only on dedicated server)

yeah this really bit me in the ass. i wish it wasnt only written in 4px gray text at the bottom of their signup page...

• I've still receivedno email from you guy....and.I'm offering a free vps

• Hey Corey sent you an email (and others who sent me pm and offered in this thread). I originally missed yours because I mistook yours as one of the troll comments.

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone else who is serious.

Thanks all. I am still looking, haven't made a decision yet, keep them coming.

• Why exactly do you need a sponsor for this? It costs you $5 a month to run and you don't even bother updating it with new content?

I can see if you had a really awesome website that you love and care for and the community loves but it has gotten so big that you need a bigger server and can't afford it and refuse to put ads on your page.

Maybe I am missing something so feel free to enlighten me.

• @luma said: Why exactly do you need a sponsor for this?

@pavs said: I recently moved to a country which doesn't support paypal and is generally a huge pain to make any sort of foreign currency payment. So I was hoping that I could find a lowend vps sponsor to host my site, in exchange I can let them have linkback and logo on the frontpage.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I'm in a good mood. This is too long to read, however if you still need a LEB vps, HMU.

• Just want to say thanks to everyone who has offered to help both here and in private. I really appreciate it.

Alex_LiquidHost was kind enough to sponsor my site and I am taking up that offer.

Everyone else, thanks again.

• sonicsonic Veteran
    edited November 2012

@pavs: you right! @Alex_LiquidHost is kind guy! :)

• @sonic can't do that sorry. PMs are private conversation not meant to be shared.