Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOWTO: Speed your transfer out of Internet.bs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HOWTO: Speed your transfer out of Internet.bs

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Like a lot of people, I moved domains during NameCheap's $3.98 offer yesterday.

Most of mine came from Internet.bs, which I like as a registrar. But $10 vs. $3.98...

When you initiate the transfer, you'll get an email from IBS saying it'll be processed in 5 days. But why wait? They used to have a "approve immediately" web page, but I couldn't find it. However, you can accelerate your transfer away by using their API.

You'll need to enable the API here: https://internetbs.net/ResellerRegistrarDomainNameAPI/

Note that you'll need to specify an IP to trust...hopefully you have, oh I don't know, a LEB or something...

Then you can use a crude script like this. Note that the password is your normal password for logging into InternetBS. If you use two-factor, it doesn't play a role in API operations.

#!/bin/bash
api_key='YOUR API KEY HERE'
password='YOUR PASSWORD HERE'
domains='example1.com example2.com example3.com'

for domain in domains:

url="https://api.internet.bs/domain/TransferAway/Approve?Domain=${domain}&ApiKey=${api_key}&Password=${password}"

wget -O - $url

done

Obviously the output could be prettier, and this is not a great example of professional programming. But if you're just trying to accelerate a transfer, it works.

Thanked by 2rokok cassa

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

You can also just email their support asking them to approve it and it will go out the same day.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Awmusic12635 said: You can also just email their support asking them to approve it and it will go out the same day.

Yeah, that was not my experience :-( Emailed same day and as of this morning haven't seen a response yet. I suspect they're swamped.

Moving IBS->NameCheap my experience is that after approving with the API, there's then a 15-30 minute wait before NameCheap refreshes the status (even if you manually refresh) as I imagine they're swamped, too :-)