Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best new host 2012 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best new host 2012

13»

Comments

• You are too new. Not even a month old. Sorry.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Taz said: Why are people voting for old established providers? Why can't we vote for providers who are literally new and not backed by big providers? Than again, we don't have anyone; P

I'm assuming this is still regarding MCLayer. How big do you think MCLayer is?...

• TazTaz Member
    edited November 2012

No matter how big, mclayer is established. Provider is not new. Same goes for prometheus. Just new name. Same people. On the other hand, we have ugvps, stormvz, cloudshard and other handful providers who are literally new. Never been a host, never been into business. If frantech opens up poneyvm, you can not call them a new provider.

• Can we list the host that qualifies as new, so we can just choose from those?

• Besides stormvz , I don't even see anyone who is more than 3 mo old and either didn't go dead pool or bought out.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Taz said: No matter how big, mclayer is established. Provider is not new. Same goes for prometheus. Just new name. Same people. On the other hand, we have ugvps, stormvz, cloudshard and other handful providers who are literally new. Never been a host, never been into business. If frantech opens up poneyvm, you can not call them a new provider.

New name, same people, yes, but you're arbitrarily disregarding the fact that it's a new and entirely different product. If Frantech does something completely different from BuyVM under another name, I don't see how that wouldn't qualify as a new provider in a given market. RamNode is not a repurposing of MCLayer for the low end market. If it was more like a RocketVPS-KnownHost relationship, you might have a point. That's just an unmanaged version of a managed service as far as I know. But if BuyVM established a new business solely dedicated to Minecraft hosting (thinking in reverse here), and offered completely different plans, pricing, network, IPs, etc to a completely different market than their current one, I don't see how that wouldn't count as a new provider.

• @Nick_A said: I don't see how that wouldn't qualify as a new provider in a given market.

Funding, nuff said

• +experience.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

Experience in Minecraft hosting is surely completely different to experience with VPS hosting? In fact, surely it contradicts your point @Taz, seeing as any Minecraft host should struggle selling VPS's, purely on the fact that their home pages say "Make sure you have mommy's permission".

Seriously, if it's a new product and a new brand, I'd say they can be referred to as a new host. Not used any new providers in all honesty, but it's clear RamNode would take the prize.

Edit: I do, however, agree with @mitgib's point of funding making a huge difference between established companies and people who are entirely new to any kind of hosting.

• @Nick_A I really would "like" your post, but it's gone :(

I agree with what you said.

• @Taz Us :) We're almost 4mo old today, and we're "completely" new.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

Fund and experience are for sure a big help. But at least one of the two is required to start a business else you are left with entusiasm and luck :-)
    I started the online vps business in January this year (with 4 vps sold as reported by M :-) ), but in no form or shape I was new to virtualization, except I never worked with openvz before ( I was a vserver fan). That said I don't think we can be a choice in a contest for a newcomer, just not fair for a lot of real young companies and guys that are affirming themself in this market.
    Thanks as usual to the friends out there that appreciate our work :P

• A new provider should be any new company including a new subsidiary "brand".

So with BuyVM, if they offer new plans with some other technology under a new name, that's a new company per se.

It's a muddy area :)

• Throwing in votes for NodeDeploy, RAMNode, and Catalyst.

• @Taz said: Besides stormvz , I don't even see anyone who is more than 3 mo old and either didn't go dead pool or bought out.

Us? :)

Founded in June 2012: http://www.fusioned.net/about

• Hope my new project will be list as best new host of 2013.
    oh wait,let's see if the world will come to an end a month later :P

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

"Best new host 2012"
    1. I think the host must be a new business too. Not supported by another.
    2. It is too early for this poll :)
    Wait at least a month more.

• i say we just do the normal poll. if a new provider is good, he may be able to climb the top 10 easy

• @ihatetonyy Thanks, someone remembered us :)

Phil

• @PhilND said: @ihatetonyy Thanks, someone remembered us :)

I also do. Your good prices makes you hard to forget

• ohhh... Liquid Host is my favorite among the new guys, btw.

• For a truly new provider, gotta say @George_Fusioned gets my vote. Pleasure to deal with and solid/performant setup.

• Thanks for that @craigb! :)

• 2012 brought us a lot of good providers. Hope to see more in 2013 :)