Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best new host 2012 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best new host 2012

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for the kind words guys! To clarify - the people who run RamNode have been in the VPS world for a while, but RamNode itself is new to 2012. I know it sounds a bit self-serving but I would agree with @Garrett that saying RamNode is not new for that fact is arbitrary :) Other than staffing, there is no connection between my two companies. Anyway, it's been a blast so far and we look forward to serving the LowEnd community for years to come!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@luma said: What are you going on about?

@lzp said: I'm not quite sure what you are going on about.

Well, lzp just got a VPS from CVPS and they had a major failure, I wanted to say that will ever think to switch to Prometeus, better tell upfront to redirect the jinx to someone else...
    Gee, I hate to explain my jokes :(
    M

• What?

• @Maounique said: Gee, I hate to explain my jokes :(

its encrypted

@lzp said: What?

Not sure if trolling or serious...

I will explain it one more time, slower...
    So, you got a VPS from CVPS one week before the disaster. Now they are in a big mess.
    I "think" you might have caused it by bringing "bad luck" to them since this is a coincidence.
    Now, I dont want bad luck for Prometeus, therefore I hope you dont need a vps from Prometeus :)
    I hope it is clear now...

• I didn't get a VPS from CVPS. That's where the communication breakdown occurs.

• @lzp said: I didn't get a VPS from CVPS. That's where the communication breakdown occurs.

Sometimes M forgets to read and just promotes Prometeus anyway.

edited November 2012

@lzp said: I didn't get a VPS from CVPS. That's where the communication breakdown occurs.

Erf... My bad... I read CVPS as that is all over the place now... Sorry, seems like I need a break from the monitor, my eyes dont work right...

@GetKVM_Ash said: Sometimes M forgets to read and just promotes Prometeus anyway.

I always did that eversince I was a customer, this march. (well, except when I was banned).
    Nothing changed, I wouldnt work for some company I dont believe in.
    M

• Hello world. I will like to nominate myself :3

• @Maounique said: I always did that eversince I was a customer, this march. (well, except when I was banned).

Nothing changed, I wouldnt work for some company I dont believe in.
    M

I know :)

edited November 2012

@Liam said: still 7 or so weeks to go!

Yeah, lets start this 2 weeks before christmas to leave time for a present to the winner :)
    M

I hate cars, otherwise the rest can be provided, even multiple connections totaling some 400 mbps.

• @Maounique said: totaling some 400 mbps

Now we're talking luxury!

@Zetta said: Now we're talking luxury!

Yes, I know, who needs food and cars...

The winner should get an elusive ad spot on LET or LEB ;_;

• @Nick_A said: The winner should get an elusive ad spot on LET or LEB ;_;

You deserve it:>

• No doubt Nick would win this if it went to a poll, but I do also think the guys at DigitalOcean have launched a great product this year :)

Launching a new product, does not mean they are new.
    10+ Years of Hosting Experience
    I think a prize like this should encourage ppl to offer great products, so far we are only bashing the kids, maybe some deserve some patting on the back too :)
    M

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

+1 to @Maounique's point.

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited November 2012

@Maounique said: Launching a new product, does not mean they are new.

10+ Years of Hosting Experience

Well the thread asked who is the best established host this year, to me that isn't a special category for people with no experience launching a host. It's, who has launched a new hosting company/brand this year that's made an impact (regardless of previous experience).

Quite frankly I'd be a little concerned if someone was launching without previous experience.

• Well, I'm not affiliated with Prometeus, but I will promote them :D
    And for another best new, I will also vote for RamNode :D

Thanks guys. Thanks to @ServerBear for his awesome site as well. Definitely a key part of my business right there.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: And for another best new, I will also vote for RamNode

^ I've extremely pleased with my RamNode thus far, I don't typically use newly established providers but Nick_A had the specs and price in the location I wanted and it's been smooth sailing since.

• edited November 2012

I've tried many new and old providers. Some of them having great prices, but not having great support. So I just jump over them over and over, and the longest time is 1 months. Sometimes I just purchased a new vps, but cancelled it after 3 days or 1 week.

So, only a few in my list of vps provider in my Excel now :p

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: few in my list of vps provider in my Excel now

knowing how many providers you have tried, can i have the list in your excel ;)

• ZeroCoolZeroCool Member
    edited November 2012

no comment never use new hoster

• We're too new for any self nominations.

Hence, will vote for RamNode too.

• edited November 2012

Maybe this :

Amanah
    AtomicVPS
    BlueVM
    BuyVM
    Catalystvps
    Catalystvps
    ChicagoVPS
    Cloudlix
    Connectindo
    de-punkt.de
    Dotvps
    Easevps
    Edis Iceland
    Edis US
    Evorack
    Frontrangehosting
    Hosterbin
    Hostigation
    Hostslims
    HttpZoom
    Idcolo
    Iperweb/Prometeus
    Ipxcore
    Misterhost
    NameCheap
    Nbvps
    Necs
    Ninjahawk
    NodeDeploy
    OneAsiaHost
    Pioneer Network
    PyramidServer
    Quickweb
    RackVM :p
    RamNode
    Santrex
    SecureDragon
    Semoweb
    Simpleno.de
    Simplydigitalhosting
    Sonicvps
    Ssdvirt
    SShvm
    Stormvz
    Stylexnetworks
    Tailoredvps
    Thehostingsquad
    Tunkeyinternet
    Ubserver
    Uptimevps
    VDS6
    VPS.net
    VPS6
    Whplus

But there are also more than that lists. I've removed it because it's before 2007

• Why are people voting for old established providers? Why can't we vote for providers who are literally new and not backed by big providers? Than again, we don't have anyone; P

• @Taz said: Why are people voting for old established providers? Why can't we vote for providers who are literally new and not backed by big providers? Than again, we don't have anyone; P

We are!