Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpamAssassin Russian P Spam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpamAssassin Russian P Spam

Hello,

Last few days I got A LOT (20 mails an hour) of spam coming in from LuckyDating.ru. They are using random e-mail adresses. Typically the sender is called Anna, Katya or Alena.

The subject is about 'Look at my naked pictures', 'Look at my Russian p***y' and such.

These mails are not seen as spam by SpamAssassim. How to tell the server this is actually spam? Any quick fix?

Thanks,
Dennis

Comments

• Look at the full mail headers and see which IPs are sending the messages to your mail server.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

You can drop the domain at your border or use Bayesian filters to train SA for a more long-term solution.

• Nyr said: You can drop the domain . . .

In fact I'm curious what the OP is getting from LuckyDating.ru that would cause him to not filter them out. ;)

Thanked by 2lazyt inthecloudblog
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@ole_juul Was thinking the same thing!

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited December 2015

@DennisdeWit @jarland is has some great insight on to how to deal with spam

Edit :DennisdeWit jarland may have some great insight on to how to deal with the spam

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Post full e-mail headers here (you don't need to protect the spammers "anonymity" anyway) and you might get some ideas on how to block.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@simonindia said:
    DennisdeWit jarland is has some great insight on to how to deal with spam

Russian spam has been tough for me, admittedly.

• jarland said: Russian spam

Yes, that's the tough one. They're not necessary Russian, there are people from around the world who have Russian server that can do spam.

• Bride.ru is still there offering mail order brides. They've been around forever. Some of them must be getting pretty old by now.

• All the mails contain 'pussy' or 'luckydating'. So I decided to write a rule;

body LUCKYDATING_CONTENT_RULE   /\bluckydating.ru\b/i
    score LUCKYDATING_CONTENT_RULE 25

header LUCKYDATING_SUBJECT  Subject =~ /\bpussy\b/i
    score LUCKYDATING_SUBJECT   25

The server is configured to smash everything with a score higher than 10 in the trashcan.

• You will no longer receive updates from yoiur favorite cat forum and appointments on your lucky calendar.

DennisdeWit said: All the mails contain 'pussy' or 'luckydating'

• @jarland said:
    Russian spam has been tough for me, admittedly.

It took 12-15 "feeding" of that wave samples to Dspam to make it recognize and mark that spam with approx. 99.99% precision.

A better tool, compared to SA. Strictly MNSHO.