Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protected VPS, Alternative to BuyVM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protected VPS, Alternative to BuyVM?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello folks,

I need a DDoS Protected VPS, reliable, in EU, any suggestions? Should be around BuyVM's price.

I'm cancelling that one due to an issue with Aldryc, even though lately their network has been horrible.

Comments

• What services do you want to protect?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Ramnode ?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@tr1cky said:
    What services do you want to protect?

WHMCS, and website.

mikho said: Ramnode ?

It's an option, but I haven't read many reviews about their DDoS Protection mitigation capability.

• LeeLee Veteran

MrGeneral said: I'm cancelling that one due to an issue with Aldryc

You keep saying you don't want drama but you lay the bait. So you need to tell us what the issue is.

• @MrGeneral said:
    Hello folks,

I need a DDoS Protected VPS, reliable, in EU, any suggestions? Should be around BuyVM's price.

I'm cancelling that one due to an issue with Aldryc, even though lately their network has been horrible.

I love Aldyric. I swear he must have a split personality disorder that no-one is aware, because he's always been so awesome whenever I've dealt with him, yet so many people have issues with him.

Thanked by 2GM2015 k0nsl

Nekki said: I love Aldyric. I swear he must have a split personality disorder that no-one is aware, because he's always been so awesome whenever I've dealt with him, yet so many people have issues with him.

I've been their client for four years and a half. Never had a single issue with Aldyric, this time, there was a little detail that got me frustrated, therefore, they lost me as a client. I still love @Francisco tho!
    But not just that, honestly, their network has been terrible lately.

Lee said: You keep saying you don't want drama but you lay the bait. So you need to tell us what the issue is.

No, I do not need to tell you what was the issue, as it was private. And you, as a Community Advisor, should avoid trying to create new drama when there's no drama.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

Er? You've been a client on/off for 4 1/2 years and you rarely paid on time. Your issue is that Aldryic won't give you another extension to pay your service.

Please don't throw him under the bus because he won't roll over every time. He's more than accommodating for people and has more than once given people a free month out of his own pocket if he knows they're a good client and are just in a rough spot. He's strict, but he goes above and beyond for countless people, including many providers around all 3 major hosting communities.

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

MrGeneral said: No, I do not need to tell you what was the issue, as it was private. And you, as a Community Advisor, should avoid trying to create new drama when there's no drama.

Stop laying bait then. Honestly, the more you post the more I think your the issue.

• MunMun Member

Aldryic treats certain people like shit. I being one of them. Francisco is awesome though. I don't think he has a split personality. He just doesn't like certain people for what ever reason that may be .

Thanked by 1Radi

Francisco said: Er? You've been a client on/off for 4 1/2 years and you rarely paid on time. Your issue is that Aldryic won't give you another extension to pay your service.

Please don't throw him under the bus because he won't roll over every time. He's more than accommodating for people and has more than once given people a free month out of his own pocket if he knows they're a good client and are just in a rough spot. He's strict, but he goes above and beyond for countless people, including many providers around all 3 major hosting communities.

I'm running that VPS for a project of mine that rarely uses it, but needs to be reliable. This is paid with the company CC's that has been having issues over the last months. I've paid all my bills, including the renewal of it, just today. I asked for two days extension to solve this problem and don't see what's wrong with it. I have service with dozens of providers here. In IRC you told me Aldyric could do something for me. I didn't see that. I seen that he wouldn't bother with losing a client. Not only I've given you some cash, as I've never had a single abuse report, CPU I/O report, and even recommended you to dozens of people. So fuck that discourse. It's non sense and I couldn't care less. Good luck with your company!

Lee said: Stop laying bait then. Honestly, the more you post the more I think your the issue.

Sure, it's always my issue when people want new drama. Fuck you too.

Mun said: Aldryic treats certain people like shit. I being one of them. Francisco is awesome though. I don't think he has a split personality. He just doesn't like certain people for what ever reason that may be .

I indeed think the same. I dunno, never had a single issue with Francisco or Andyric, this time I only asked for an extension so I could get the CC card sorted.

For the curious, since you love drama, I currently own a pre-paid card, that works with mbnet.pt, and they have a lot of issues with payment gateways. Google it and fuck the drama. Whenever someone starts a new thread, there's always someone starting drama.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2015

MrGeneral said: Sure, it's always my issue when people want new drama. Fuck you too.

There we go, let it all out, you know you want too.

Thanked by 1netomx

@Lee said:
    There we go, let it all out, you know you want to.

You're the only one who has issues, not me. I don't feed your drama, that's why you keep trying to create more drama. Either way, it doesn't bring any traffic to LET, so it's not beneficial. Is it?

• Thanked by 1MikePT

MrGeneral said: In IRC you told me Aldyric could do something for me

Because he likely did it in the past for you. He isn't going to give extensions every month for people or whatever. No where in our TOS/AUP does it promise extensions, it's purely a case-by-case.

@mun - boss you've pissed off more than just a few people in your days, don't try to pin yourself a saint :P I've had little beef in

Again, Aldryic only takes crap from his wife, no one else, not even me. If you're going to screw around or whatever then he'll follow the TOS/AUP to the T. He's strict when he needs to be but there's plenty of hosts around here that rely on his help to operate.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Brad
  • LeeLee Veteran

Francisco said: Er? You've been a client on/off for 4 1/2 years and you rarely paid on time.

So you're saying Fran is lying? You open a loaded thread saying you have an issue with Aldyric, but the issue appears that you don't pay on time. The comment above does not suggest it's a one off, so you have run out of favours.

So you are the one creating drama here.

Thanked by 2PieHasBeenEaten Brad

@Francisco,

I wish I have read that before paying this month's bill! I for sure would not have renewed it.

Lee said: So you're saying Fran is lying? You open a loaded thread saying you have an issue with Aldyric, but the issue appears that you don't pay on time. The comment above does not suggest it's a one off, so you have run out of favours.

So you are the one creating drama here.

Oh man, I'm not creating drama, you are. I simply stated that I'm looking for another provider as I had an issue with Aldyric. Are you a judge to decide in anyone's favor? Why do I have to tell you the issue?

Why are you trying to feed the drama even more, when there's nothing to discuss?

Do I owe Francisco anything? I've paid all my bills with them, including this one, which I requested an extension, and RENEWED IN THE SAME DAY!

@MrGeneral said:
    Francisco,

I wish I have read that before paying this month's bill! I for sure would not have renewed it.

Then request a refund, no ones forcing your hand boss.

Francisco

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

Sure thing, I've cancelled it and will open a ticket.

MrGeneral said: Do I owe Francisco anything? I've paid all my bills with them, including this one, which I requested an extension, and RENEWED IN THE SAME DAY!

Then what's the issue? Your service is online and working properly. If your complaint was that LU had some issues then request an SLA and we'll gladly grant it. We've never dodged the bullet on SLA's and have instructed people to claim them.

I'm just a little confused what all the rage is over.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx

Francisco said: Then what's the issue? Your service is online and working properly. If your complaint was that LU had some issues then request an SLA and we'll gladly grant it. We've never dodged the bullet on SLA's and have instructed people to claim them.

I'm just a little confused what all the rage is over.

Francisco

Fran, I'm aware I've asked multiple times to delay the payment, but I've always paid those. I'm a pretty old client which NEVER got you any issues, whatsoever, not a single abuse report or anything at all, and also recommended dozens of users. A simply extension of payment request is nothing that impossible to allow. I'm not saying you're forced to. I'm just saying that, considering all these facts, delaying the open invoice for two days, should be something really possible in order to keep the customer at least.

That's the way you deal with it, I do not disagree. That's precisely why I'm moving, and no harm feelings.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

So to sum this thread up I never paid on time and ask for an extension every month. This time they do not grant the extension. You are butt hurt and want to find another provider so you can do this same thing, never pay on time and then open another thread. Endless cycle! Also dont forget the use the famous excuse lately the network sucks. I love it!

Thanked by 2Lee Brad
  • Come on, Ladies! The horse has been beaten often enough.
    How about coming back to the topic: DDOS protected VPS providers? Would be much more informative for the non-drama-involved bystanders.

Thanked by 2Lee qrwteyrutiyoup

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    So to sum this thread up I never paid on time and ask for an extension every month. This time they do not grant the extension. You are butt hurt and want to find another provider so you can do this same thing, never pay on time and then open another thread. Endless cycle! Also dont forget the use the famous excuse lately the network sucks. I love it!

LU's had its issues and i'm not going to make anymore excuses since no one believes me anyway (it's a running meme in the cess pit).

With that being said, our TOS/AUP is there there to protect both sides, especially when it comes to SLA claims. Anyone that has wanted an SLA for it and weren't stupid late claiming it ("i think there was an issue 5 months ago that i want free") gets it granted quickly.

Anyway, the only reason I stepped in is because he started to throw Aldryic under the bus for no reason.

Francisco

Thanked by 2BlazeMuis teknolaiz
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

@franciso Well it will work itself out. Your service always has been top notch when I was a client and fairly priced.

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

Actually... Can you show me the tickets/emails stating I'd need an extension? Could only find one...

@Amitz said:
    Come on, Ladies! The horse has been beaten often enough.
    How about coming back to the topic: DDOS protected VPS providers? Would be much more informative for the non-drama-involved bystanders.

Yes! Still looking for an alternative.

This discussion has been closed.