Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended LEBs to actually host sites.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommended LEBs to actually host sites.

globerglober Member
edited November 2011 in Help

Hi,

I need to have a few LEBs to host sites (non mysql). My minimum requirements are:

Memory: 256 MB
Disk Space: 10 GB
Bandwidth: 500 GB
Price Range: $3-$6/month

I will be using around 400 GB bandwidth per LEB.

I have a short list of providers after crawling LEB. Please give your reviews about these providers only if you've actually used them for hosting:

hostigation.com
sanjosevps.com
burst.net
spotvps.com
hostitek.com
easevps.com

OR recommended any other if you are using one for hosting.

PS: already using directspace.net and working fine for me.

Comments

• Out of that list, hostigation should see you well :)

Thanked by 1glober
  • looking for US only?

• maxexcloomaxexcloo Member
    edited November 2011

Hostigation, BuyVM, KiloServe.

Thanked by 3Asim Infinity glober
  • Of your list, I would choose only Hostigation, I cannot say anything about the rest

BuyVM.net, KiloServe, VooServers.com are good choices (thanks to @maxexcloo )

Thanked by 1glober
  • Hostigation, Kazila, BuyVM, Bitcable, InceptionHosting, Edis

• Quickweb, Edis

• Of the LEBs I have used to run websites, I recommend Hostigation and Kiloserve.

• hostitek 5 months so far without problems.

• edited November 2011

RockMyWeb, Hostigation, BuyVM, ChicagoVPS, SecureDragon, 123Systems, AlienVPS, VPSDeploy, HudsonValleyHost, Lightwave, ThrustVPS, Infinitech, PogiWeb, TailoredVPS, FitVPS, PingVPS are the ones I run for at least 5 months without any problem. I tend to get bigger plans but I think they all have offers that would match your requirements.
    You can read more technical details on my website. 500GB of BW is not so common (for a 256MB plan) but many providers will accomodate with a custom offer.

• BuyVM would be my top pick, though I had good experiences with Burst in LA while I was with them. Only been with Hostigation for a bit, though it's been good so far.

• @hostingwizard_net said: RockMyWeb, Hostigation, BuyVM, ChicagoVPS, SecureDragon, 123Systems, AlienVPS, VPSDeploy, HudsonValleyHost, Lightwave, ThrustVPS, Infinitech, PogiWeb, TailoredVPS, FitVPS, PingVPS

• sanjosevps.com = nordicvps stay away like plagued!
    burst.net - too many problems
    spotvps.com hostitek.com easevps.com - likely dead pool candidates soon

better if you read reviews about them first. but it is looking like hostigation is the only legit leb provider from your list. hate for them to get included with those others that you mentioned because they are the only reliable host from that short list

^ alienvps support seems to always been lacking. and recently their nodes had some problems. I do have xen with them still though that I no longer use

Hostigation, BuyVM, ChicagoVPS, SecureDragon <- these are all reliable / decent providers

RockMyWeb
    123Systems, AlienVPS, VPSDeploy, HudsonValleyHost, Lightwave, ThrustVPS, Infinitech, PogiWeb, TailoredVPS, FitVPS, PingVPS <- I would not recommended 123systems and alienvps. The others I have not heard about but better to stay away

Thanked by 1glober
  • ThrustVPS started spamming me and refused to explain how they got my address.

• i can advice http://thehosthouse.co.uk/
    i'm with them for the past 3 months and i am very satisfied
    you can check jonathan's LEB offer here
    https://secure.thehosthouse.co.uk/cart.php?gid=15

• Since DowntimeVPS disappeared, I'm looking for a new host in Europe and glober's specs would be just fine for me. Any suggestions?

• @TheNumb I'm currently using GoWeb (DE) and DMB Hosting (UK) for my EU presence. I'd recommend either of them, have had zero issues so far.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2011

Lmao there going to be known as downtimeVPS forever now RIP

• corpuscorpus Member
    edited November 2011

Goweb has a nice web site ;)
    where are their servers hosted ?
    any reviews?

• newwebsite.com free directadmin 512mb guaranteed. 7 dollar, what's not to love.

• @ztec said: newwebsite.com free directadmin 512mb guaranteed. 7 dollar, what's not to love

Oh, maybe they are destined straight for the deadpool offering $2 512mb VPS since DA is a $5 cost. Really, did you study math is Greece? I'm not trying to personally attack you, but look at that offer and ask yourself, where is the profit for them to survive?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I don't even see the offer, all I see is a $29.95 USD /mo 512MB VPS.

• @Infinity said: I don't even see the offer, all I see is a $29.95 USD /mo 512MB VPS.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1099077

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

O_o Apparently I'm blind. I blame my mums Laptop (which I shouldn't be on)..

• Do you want west or east coast US? At the moment there are more west coast options. If you want east coast and reliability then Hostigation and Bitcable.

• Since many providers don't offer 500 GB BW so, I've setup a CDN for the content and now the requirements changed.

RAM: 128 MB, BW: 100 GB (Minimum)

I need US based boxes (city doesn't matter).

Total boxes required: 10 (each one from different datacenter or provider).

From above I think I'm going to use Hostigation, BuyVM, ChicagoVPS, Bitcable, SecureDragon.

Quickweb is offering good BW for a fare price can it be used to setup a CDN?

thanks everybody for helping me out. :)

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited November 2011

Hello, not planning to advertise but could set up one to suit your needs.
    Yes, Quickweb can be used as a CDN as well.

• You budget is quite reasonable and should not be having problem in getting that spec at that sort of budget. Also you might consider ensuring that the datacenters are on different carriers/backbone too. 10 Boxes, haha thats alot.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited November 2011

I think burst.net, Would do good for you. They are fast with responding to tickets and are In the budget range.

• @EaseVPS @Boltersdriveer

How's about not spamming the forum. Im pretty sure self-promotion is not allowed.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @VMPort

How's about finding some actual rules that confirms this? I cannot find this Information so untill the LEB Admin posts or you get your facts right. Then your post is just pointless.