Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended LEBs to actually host sites. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommended LEBs to actually host sites.

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@EaseVPS if you have offer open new thread about it. Op wanted here community opinion not self-promotion. As you're not recommended by some community member but you self-promote yourself you can be in theory pretty crappy provider which isn't something what thread starter is looking for. Such self promotion in masses can basicly screw up in future any "please recommend me.." thread.

@vampireJ said: sanjosevps.com = nordicvps stay away like plagued!

I second that.

@vampireJ said: alienvps support seems to always been lacking. and recently their nodes had some problems.

And that too.

Fom .uk providers I would recommend vooservers, evorack and xenvz - all 3 are more than decent. Recently yisp.nl opened offer at LEB for their .us node. Imho. they are among most reliable LEB providers in last two years or so.. however I am familiar only with their .nl nodes. Nick from fanaticalvps have also pretty stable german vps nodes and decent support.
    There are some other hosts which seems great to me (inceptionhosting, dmbhosting..) and people like them however I got their VPSs recently so I will wait a bit with recommendations here. User friendly, stable Edis from .at won't dissapoint you either.

/crap - overlooked new post which saying .us providers only.

@glober from your inital list I would choose to host something more serious only with hostigation (because good reputation - I must admit that I didn't try it yet)

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @EaseVPS

Hmm lets see you joined on the 7th and pretty much every comment you have made is you self promoting/talking about your self. You have 1 thread which is your offer.

Hopefully @LowEndAdmin can come and see this for his self because regardless of whether it is officially against the rules we dont want to see nor need to see it. If you have some happy customers let them come and do the talking about your service, dont push it down our necks.

• @EaseVPS -- well there's not much rules here -- haven't really had a time to organise this forum here.

Howerver, blowing your own trumpet just makes yourself looks bad, especially when you are surrounded by other members/providers who are not doing it. Make yourself look bad here means you probably won't get much business from other low end talk regulars.

• Actually we talked about self promotional posts back in August:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1104#Comment_1104

Never did get a follow up.

@EasyVPS how about some politeness? Do you really think the users here are going to forget rudeness if and when an offer of your gets posted on the main site? That'll look good to potential clients.

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited November 2011

>

How's about finding some actual rules that confirms this? I cannot find this Information so untill the LEB Admin posts or you get your facts right. Then your post is just pointless.

How's about you leave, spammer?

• Ok, ok... I think he got the point. No one need to leave :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@drmike said: @EasyVPS how about some politeness? Do you really think the users here are going to forget rudeness if and when an offer of your gets posted on the main site? That'll look good to potential clients.

I'm honestly not surprised they're getting caught doing something like this. We caught a few of their staff spamming our IRC live chat a few weeks ago to the point we had to put a text ban in so their name can't even be said. They claim they aren't the reason for us getting bombed, but they came onto our chat via our chat link on our site and two sep. IP's spammed away.

They were actual users too since someone said hello to them and they responded the same way that their live agents did when I brought it to their attention.

Francisco

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited November 2011

This issue wouldn't be complete without your 2 cents Fran. What's your IRC live chat name again? oh, I remember now :)

• @lowendadmin

If there is no rules, How can you expect me to know these? I'll make sure I abide by them now though. (Remove my first post, Please.)

@Francisco

I have already confirmed that this was none of our employees, I recommend finding the real spammers.

@DotVPS

You have multiple links leading to a site called "hackforums", Yet you comment on how we are desperate for clients?

In my personal opinion, Everybody is desperate for clients. If it was not for new clients coming Into BuyVM(When they have stock) then there would be no BuyVM.

Worldwide economy downfall.

• Maybe LEA need's to look at letting a few people help moderate the forums. Im sure many will be willing to help, i like most others spend most of my working hours browsing so i would be happy to chip in and help keep this place free of SPAM!

• As long as there are no companies involved in moderation. Because otherwise it will end up in a fight like "you advertised so you got banned! no, you advertised first! I didn't advertise. You made an offer etc."

• Nah, let's not turn this into another WHT. I've gotten warnings there for saying 'our OVZ can do that' within a 3 paragraph post, in which the rest of the post was instructions on some daemon or service to help out the OP and unrelated to the company whatsoever.

Regardless of who does the moderation, there's going to be favoritism. Easier to just roll with how things are now, and when someone tries something sleazy, let them get called out on it. This forum is an excellent place to see exactly what kind of people some of these providers are before clients waste their money with them.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

@EaseVPS said: Everybody is desperate for clients.

I'm not. :)

edit: Well for putting money in the bucket I guess I am. I'll give you that. But I know I'm profitable and I believe many other providers here are.

• @miTgiB said: Oh, maybe they are destined straight for the deadpool offering $2 512mb VPS since DA is a $5 cost. Really, did you study math is Greece? I'm not trying to personally attack you, but look at that offer and ask yourself, where is the profit for them to survive?

Datacenter Directadmin license?
    I'm with them for almost a year, thanks for being so ignorant though.

• The $5/month price point is the lowest I've heard mentioned here for the datacenter licensing and pricing. If you or someone else is getting a lower price point than that....

I'm paying $19/month each for 122 servers. Really need to talk to them about that...

Lowest quoted price on their site is $9/month:

http://www.directadmin.com/internal.html

Unless of course you're looking at the lifetime licensing.

• They probably bought the $50/one time licenses.

• @drmike
    I never stated that no company was not profitable :)

We are profitable and to the profit where we can hire a 2 Semi Dedicated Techs and one who does answers the phone reguarly.

This is all within a month, Our actual growth is outstanding and We dropped from a 2.5M Alexa rank to a 1Million rank in just a month.

• Several moderators to consider: @drmike, @Aldryic, @Francisco, @justin ;)

• drmike is already a moderator, he doesn't need the official title :P

• @Boltersdriveer said: Several moderators to consider: @drmike, @Aldryic, @Francisco, @justin ;)

Nah, it'd be too one-sided if both myself and Fran were nominated, since we're the same company. That, and I'm pretty much a newcomer myself :P

• @VMPort Hmm, he is?

• @miTgiB said: Oh, maybe they are destined straight for the deadpool offering $2 512mb VPS since DA is a $5 cost. Really, did you study math is Greece? I'm not trying to personally attack you, but look at that offer and ask yourself, where is the profit for them to survive?

>

I have this plan for more than a year now. And they had almost no downtime.

• Actually when Newwebsite was initially featured here on LEB not only were they including Directadmin but they also gave Installatron.. I think Flyod - the owner is also very active in the Directadmin forum

• ztecztec Member
    edited November 2011

I have this plan for more than a year now. And they had almost no downtime.

Thanks for backing me up, I have no clue what's going on with this guy - he most likely got a dead pool vps company himself or something.

• @ztec said: Thanks for backing me up, I have no clue what's going on with this guy - he most likely got a dead pool vps company himself or something.

Uh, talking about Tim? I don't think Hostigation is going into the dead pool anytime soon.

• @Boltersdriveer said: Several moderators to consider: @drmike,

I think there would be a riot if LEB picked me. To be honest my experiences with moderating 2 of the 3 wordpress forums leave moderating with a very dirty taste in my mouth.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • Well, when you gargle as opposed to spit/swallow... :P

• @Kairus said: Uh, talking about Tim? I don't think Hostigation is going into the dead pool anytime soon.

mitgib could be BigTim I guess.

• That... should be patently obvious

• Some people don't know, even on #frantech a regular didn't know ;)