Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3-4TB storage, decent cpu, bandwidth needed.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

3-4TB storage, decent cpu, bandwidth needed.

Hello lowendtalk

Comments

• $7 should do it

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

What is a decent CPU to you? How much bandwidth? Location?

• Hello lowendtalk . I've got a request I hope I can get help filling

I plan to run a private plex server for myself. I hate having to carry around the portable hdd just to watch a movie and I enjoy streaming to my cell on a bus/train.

Now most of my material is highest quality minus a few 4k items I don't have any need for. A lot of the material will be home videos etc. but movies I rip from dvd will be on there.
    Again none of this will be public facing.

Can anyone help me out! The lower the price the better

So sorry, typed the message on my iphone and apparently it didn't add the entire message.

• Dacentec is probably your best bet.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Google Apps can do unlimited storage for $50/mo.

• Yes, but I would like to install Plex Media Server on the server itself.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited September 2015

Who is your cell provider? Where do you live? (to get an idea of what transit providers you would use and potential cost)

How much bandwidth do you think you would use? If it's just you primarily and streaming from cell phone, it shouldnt be more than 20-50Mbps?

• I use AT&T, on LTE in texas. Its not primarily for my cell as i will be using Plex on my Roku, both at home and work, as well as if i am visiting friends etc.
    In all honesty a 100Mbit line would do easy. Its the space that is hard to get ahold of.

• What are you budgeting for a server with 4TB - 6TB storage space?

• Whatever it takes. The cheaper the better. But one way or another i'm getting the server. It just depends on from who and for how much.

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

That 1385 with a 4TB doesn't look like it will last long...

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

HP DL120G7

1x Intel Dual Core G850

RAM: 8Gb

HDD: 4x1Tb SATA2

Badwidth: **1 Gbps / 100Tb **

Location US / Virginia

59 EUR/month with promocode LowEndTalk

Order URL

• Novalok said: I use AT&T, on LTE in texas.

Probably the most important thing to do before buying anything is to confirm network. Try downloading test files from prospective suppliers to confirm that connectivity is good.

• I can pretty much have a custom plan made to meet these specifications about $7.00/mo

E5 Processor - 3 vCPu - 5000GB Bandwidth - 4TB Storage

@Novalok

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@IgniteServers said:
    I can pretty much have

a custom plan made to meet these specifications about $7.00/mo

E5 Processor - 3 vCPu - 5000GB Bandwidth - 4TB Storage

Novalok

4T for $7 ? Public offer?

• @AlexanderM said:

I would need to setup the plan for you, feel free to come to live chat if you still need it.

• @AlexanderM said:

where is plan

• @IgniteServers said:
    I would need to setup the plan for you, feel free to come to live chat if you still need it.

So your selling a plan with 50GB storage on your website for $5, but willing for an extra $2 to give away 3950GB of extra storage?

Even even the 50GB plan would be pushing the Ram limits of an OS + Plex.

• @AshleyUk said:
    Even even the 50GB plan would be pushing the Ram limits of an OS + Plex.

I saw the offer and saw we have some additional storage that was gonna be used for promotionals so hey I handed it to the guy.

• Johny is that you?

Thanked by 2Junkless AshleyUk
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited September 2015

@WHT said:
    Johny is that you?

He probably isn't but I am sure he is at the base of his learning curve related to hosting & how to survive in this business.

• @Shoaib_A said:
    how to survive

This is hara-kiri

edited September 2015

@WHT said:
    This is hara-kiri

I think he doesn't understand how to make a proper business plan & offer sustainable pricing. So that is why I said that he needs to learn a lot because even Jonny from GVH would never have made an offer like 4 TB for 7$

• @Shoaib_A said:
    I think he doesn't understand how to make a proper business plan & offer sustainable pricing. So that is why I said that he needs to learn a lot because I am sure even Jonny from GVH would never have made an offer like 7$ for 4 TB storage.

Well Jonny from GVH is not IgniteServers we know offers that we can make and you are not one to make assumptions on proper business plans for MY company, but thanks for your concern but no thanks.

• Can I get 18TB for $9 please?

edited September 2015

@IgniteServers said:
    Well Jonny from GVH is not IgniteServers we know offers that we can make and you are not one to make assumptions on proper business plans for MY company, but thanks for your concern but no thanks.

People have their right to raise their concern & question capabilities of providers especially when they make such unsustainable offers. The purpose of forums like this is discussions so they'll keep happening no matter someone likes it or not. I am not here to fight with you & wish you best of luck with your business.

• @Shoaib_A said:
    People have their right to raise their concern & question capabilities of providers especially when they make such unsustainable offers. The purpose of forums like this is discussions so they'll keep happening no matter someone likes it or not. I am not here to fight with you & wish you best of luck with your business.

Unsustainable to who if I offered it its obviously not unsustainable for my company to my offer.

edited September 2015

@IgniteServers said:
    Unsustainable to who if I offered it its obviously not unsustainable for my company to my offer.

Read again what @AlexanderM & @AshleyUK (who have been providing hosting services much longer than you) have said & you'll get an idea what my concerns are. Anyway as I have said in my previous comments I do not wish to quarrel here and if you can really offer 4 TB for 7$ I am sure all the giants of hosting industry would p**s their pants & you'll be king of the hosting world soon.