Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuadraNet is sending SPAM in chinese
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuadraNet is sending SPAM in chinese

We just received this in our support inbox

What's wrong with them? We never had business with them. I thought they were a more serious company.

Comments

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited September 2015

Please check the header of the mail you got there and feel free to post it here in a pastebin.com paste or so. It's easy to forge.

• Well they do have Chinese staff now, why you got that email is beyond me though.

• If you run your own email server you could block there whole asn if you like.

https://www.enjen.net/asn-blocklist/search.php?keyword=quadranet

• Hidden_Refuge said: Please check the header of the mail you got there and feel free to post it here in a pastebin.com paste or so. It's easy to forge.

Here you go (i've removed our server details): http://pastebin.com/q1ZiqmTW

Also the guy seems to be working for them. Definitely this is not the way to promote their business.

• I also got this. The email address I got it on is subject to lots of spam. I've only ever used this email for resell.biz emails. Something tells me they sell the list, I never get these emails on any of my other emails used for domain registration.

• iKeyZ said: Well they do have Chinese staff now, why you got that email is beyond me though.

I'm asking myself the same question. Why would they send their crap in chinese to a company based in europe?

• Just realised he's not tagged. @QuadraNet_Adam

• That is probably not Quadranet for sure.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited September 2015

@IgniteServers said:
    That is probably not Quadranet for sure.

It seems like it is from the headers though

• martinandrino said: We never had business with them.

How come "Received from" shows some LAX...quadranet.local and etc? At some point I think this would only work if you're in their LAN by having service with them.

On the other hand this seems fishy.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited September 2015

I can confirm that "QuadraNet" did send these e-mails. We just hired a new Chinese sales rep, and he's extremely excited and eager about our products and knows what we're capable of.

He's excited trying to find new partnerships, which I can appreciate, but at the same time can understand the frustration caused. I believe he found you guys on Chinese forums, and thought you guys were Chinese companies.

Again, our sincere apologies.

Thanked by 1SCAM_AlphaRacks
  • martinandrinomartinandrino Member
    edited September 2015

@Hidden_Refuge said: How come "Received from" shows some LAX...quadranet.local and etc? At some point I think this would only work if you're in their LAN by having service with them.

Check the line above. The local server seems to be just their internal mail server, which seems to use their public mail server as relay:

Received: from exchange.quadranet.com (unknown [198.55.111.100])
            by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) with ESMTPS id XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
            for <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>; Wed,  9 Sep 2015 16:09:39 -0400 (EDT)
    Received: from LAX-MBX01.quadranet.local (172.16.135.2) by

• dustinc said: He's excited trying to find new partnerships, which I can appreciate, but at the same time can understand the frustration caused. I believe he found you guys on Chinese forums, and thought you guys were Chinese companies. Again, our sincere apologies.

Apologies accepted. But please take care so this never happen again. As hosting companies, we should fight spam, not the opposite.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@martinandrino said:
    Apologies accepted. But please take care so this never happen again. As hosting companies, we should fight spam, not the opposite.

Thank You! I talked with him.

Have a good day.

• Hasn't this happened in the past? I seem to remember a similar thread a few years back.

• @Steven_F rather than complaning about Spam, would you mind answering your ticket?

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited September 2015

@dustinc said:
    he's extremely excited and eager about our products and knows what we're capable of.

So more or less, you didn't think anyone here, or at WHT etc, would see it. You could just say your strategy for the Chinese market is blending in with the locals. I'm sure no one would fault you for this.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

There may be a few exceptions, But IMHO, After BurstNet and EIG "possibility" is merely a perception as far as Hosting Industry is concerned.

People must not make oenions based on such isolated incidents. No Doubt QuadraNet is an Fantastic Team to work with.

• @dustinc said:
    I can confirm that "QuadraNet" did send these e-mails. We just hired a new Chinese sales rep, and he's extremely excited and eager about our products and knows what we're capable of.

He's excited trying to find new partnerships, which I can appreciate, but at the same time can understand the frustration caused. I believe he found you guys on Chinese forums, and thought you guys were Chinese companies.

Again, our sincere apologies.

Not being funny but I hope you warn him, as sales he should be on your tickets / live chat or helping people on the forums not collecting emails / etc trying to grab customers.

• Licensecart said: Not being funny but I hope you warn him, as sales he should be on your tickets / live chat or helping people on the forums not collecting emails / etc trying to grab customers.

As a long term QuadraNet customer, I would not be if they had sales droids staffing their support system. The support staff they have actually manning the support system are usually very knowledgeable and fairly quick at providing real help. @dustinc has helped me plenty as well, but for sales related items.

Did you ever stop to think that Andrew was hired to do just what he did? Sales droids have a major mental malfunction when it comes to acting proper if it hampers their ability to market what they are trying to sell.