Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Domain Names?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Domain Names?

gibstergibster Member

Hi all,
Just wondering if y'all know any places where I could get a free domain name? I know about FreeNom and their subsidiaries, And also stuff like co.nr however that is not a TLD, that's a sub domain. I'm writing an article for those who want to get a website for personal use.
Many thanks

Comments

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited May 2015

Blogspot or Wordpress.

Also you can get .COM domain for $1.17 using this coupon code fb99mxmr01 at GoDaddy. That is almost free.

• nitro85nitro85 Member

I'm still glad that Freenom exists

I mean taking country TLD's and give them away for free might not be an easy task, it's pretty generous

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2015

There's this list: http://www.getfreedomain.name/
    As you can see it's mostly just Freenom and even shadier crap, maybe aside from eu.org.
    But I think when I tried to get a eu.org domain, my request was simply ignored and I didn't get one.

So really, if you do not plan to register hundreds of domain names (do you?) and need just one, then choose a good name in a solid TLD and get a paid one. Just avoid all those "first year only $1" discounts and pick a TLD that's cheap on a recurring basis.

• getvpsgetvps Member

Check for new TLDs , some available for free (.webcam/.party/.science) maybe other soon.. not awesome but is not subdomain :)

• gibstergibster Member

Thanks, But I already knew about freenom as in my post.

• Freenom is very buggy sometimes, dot.tk is from them as well but mostly works good.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I will try Pop.co tonight.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Don't use free domains, they can be taken away at any point.