Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two sites for sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Two sites for sale

jhjh Member
edited April 2015 in Offers

Hi all,

I've got two sites for sale. Bidding on both starts at just $1 (though one has a reserve). Both are opportunities to make some serious $$$ if you have the time.

Cloud Broker

Be the first to cash in on cloud brokerage.

https://flippa.com/4413208-be-the-first-to-cash-in-on-cloud-brokerage

Social Network

Stunning design and aged domain.

https://flippa.com/4413151-excellent-design-and-aged-domain-for-a-new-social-network

Any questions, just email me. I hope that posting this here is ok.

Thanked by 2doughmanes martip07

Comments

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Cloud Pilot seemed like a nice product, why are you selling so early? Anyways good luck with sale!

• jhjh Member

vfuse said: Cloud Pilot seemed like a nice product, why are you selling so early? Anyways good luck with sale!

Thanks. It was good and a lot of thought, time and $ went into it but I just don't think I'm the right person to be doing it. I made some changes to make it an easy tunkey business and I'm hoping it'll fetch a good price and a good buyer who'll develop/market it well :)

• you've been trying to get rid of avala for a while huh. too bad it's a .org :/

hopefully i win!

• jhjh Member
    edited April 2015

Jonchun said: you've been trying to get rid of avala for a while huh

ha yeah. It's a good name, not sure why there hasn't been more interest. Thanks for bidding :)

• IshaqIshaq Member

Avala isn't loading for me, getting a 403.

• What constitutes a better fitting container/plan that would make their content be moved automatically?

• jhjh Member
    edited April 2015

Ishaq said: Avala isn't loading for me, getting a 403

Look here for the design: http://jhadley.net/forsale/avala/

ItsChrisG said: What constitutes a better fitting container/plan that would make their content be moved automatically?

I don't quite understand what you mean. The system performs most of the actions that a manual migration would, except it uses API calls and Linux containers to do it all automatically. Are you asking about the container technology and how it's different to others?

EDIT: just got it, sorry. The system collects uptime, benchmark, plan and location stats and allows the user to specify preferences as well as monitoring disk usage and memory usage (among other things). The system periodically checks for changes in these metrics to find another more suitable plan based on a utility function.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

General question: Out of curiosity, what's the point of a reserve price? Why not just start bidding at the very minimum you're willing to accept? Doesn't setting a reserve cost more to list?

• jhjh Member

Jonchun said: General question: Out of curiosity, what's the point of a reserve price? Why not just start bidding at the very minimum you're willing to accept? Doesn't setting a reserve cost more to list?

It doesn't cost more. I guess the point is to get more people interested and get the ball rolling.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

@jhadley said:
    It doesn't cost more. I guess the point is to get more people interested and get the ball rolling.

Ah cool.

Well, I contacted you about Avala a while ago but had to back out (for several reasons). This might be my lucky chance :) Best of luck on sales!

Thanked by 1jh
  • Hehehe finally was able to make a bid :P

Thanked by 1jh
  • BruceBruce Member

nice description of the site. you say it's a large PHP application. that could mean a lot. also the quality of the code affects the price.

are you offering as-is ? I mean as described, buyer takes the risk in what it all does? I get the feeling that this isn't a weekend creation, but it's difficult to evaluate.

not sure it's right for me to take on, but I'm interested to know more

• jhjh Member

@Bruce said:
    nice description of the site. you say it's a large PHP application. that could mean a lot. also the quality of the code affects the price.

are you offering as-is ? I mean as described, buyer takes the risk in what it all does? I get the feeling that this isn't a weekend creation, but it's difficult to evaluate.

not sure it's right for me to take on, but I'm interested to know more

I'm happy to make sure that you can make the best use of what's there and fix any important bugs. Further development is down to you. It's good quality commented code that has spanned months.

• @jhadley really why are you selling it? I mean it looks like solid project and so.

• jhjh Member

@martip07 said:
    jhadley really why are you selling it? I mean it looks like solid project and so.

This started as a hobby and to help my research. I'm primarily a university researcher and already have a (successful) company. I don't have a lot of time, or at least not enough to really focus on it, and don't want to spread myself too thin at the risk of my existing work. One other factor is the recent EU VAT changes that I really want to avoid having anything to do with.

Thanked by 1martip07
  • true true about VAT. I guess I understand you in someway.

• Mind spilling what the reserve is on cloudpilot?

• Just check for cloudpilot, and wow 150 ??? really who is doing that ?

• @martip07 said:
    Just check for cloudpilot, and wow 150 ??? really who is doing that ?

Someone that wants it perhaps? Generally thats why people bid on things.

• @MrObvious said:
    Someone that wants it perhaps? Generally thats why people bid on things.

Yaaa it is true, but i never was in one before so ............ all that is new for me.

• 150 is peanuts compared to what went into cloudpilot

Thanked by 1martip07
  • now is 200 :P

• $150 is LOW for ServerPilot... wtf... I expect(ed) that to close at a couple grand...

Too bad @jhadley didnt code a custom OpenStack or CloudStack control panel instead :P

• @ItsChrisG said:
    $150 is LOW for ServerPilot... wtf... I expect(ed) that to close at a couple grand...

Too bad jhadley didnt code a custom OpenStack or CloudStack control panel instead :P

Well I'm going to assume he put the reserve at like $2k or so.

• jhjh Member

@ItsChrisG CloudPilot != ServerPilot.

To answer a whole bunch of questions at once:

I don't want to release the exact figure for the reserve but it's not too far from the price it's at now.

I'm not looking to end the auction early. If you're interested, please place a bid.

At the moment, there is no demo. There is a high potential for abuse of a demo (deploying lots of servers, installing dodgy stuff one deployed server etc). I will be adding some screenshots to the auction page so everyone can see what it looks like.

• Ahh my account got limited someone got me over $205 :D
    I will unlock it later :)

• I like to know your BIN price

Thanked by 1martip07
  • jhjh Member

@proxyvpn I've been asked about a BIN several times- there isn't one. If you're interested, please bid on Flippa.

• It is 205 and 4 days I will wait until the last day and if it can buy it I will.

Now let's see how much people is willing to pay.

Thanked by 1jh
  • Deep pockets challenge? :)

Thanked by 1martip07