Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VortexNode $10/year christmas deal is back - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VortexNode $10/year christmas deal is back

124»

Comments

• @ankittulsian said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@emmd19 said:
    Mine got provisioned early this morning. So far things look great! Currently running Debian 8. This is a small nitpick, but is it possible to get an Ubuntu 16.04 image as part of the selection?

We have a template for 16.04 and you should be able to reinstall in to it from the dashboard :)

Glad things are going well for you.

I just ordered one and I don't see the template to install 16.04. Could you please take a look at it? For the time being I'm upgrading it from the current version. It would be great if we have an option to install it directly.

Thanks!

For that version you can manually install by mounting the ISO..

• Hmmm, ATOMS stocks.

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE
  • @cgs3238 said:
    Hmmm, ATOMS stocks.

The coupon is not working anymore :(

• @mtsbatalha said:

@cgs3238 said:
    Hmmm, ATOMS stocks.

We took away the quarterly coupon. Annual only:

ATOMCATANL

$5/month (paid annually)

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE
  • Oh wow, a US dedi (even atom) for $5 a month, that is awesome. I hope they stay available. I'll have an upcoming use for one if I ever write the code. I'll resist for now (plus there's still the paypal issue) but one of these days... These are in NJ, right?

• @willie said:
    Oh wow, a US dedi (even atom) for $5 a month, that is awesome. I hope they stay available. I'll have an upcoming use for one if I ever write the code. I'll resist for now (plus there's still the paypal issue) but one of these days... These are in NJ, right?

Atoms are in the UK

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

kalimov622 said:

Atoms are in the UK

Oh hmm. Still a terrific offer but I already have an EU dedi (scaleway C1, ARM) for a little over $3 a month. Probably less powerful than the Atom but I mostly care about memory isolation (i.e. dedi instead of VPS) rather than compute strength for this app.

• @vortexmagnus - promo code said it applied but i'm still getting charged the full amount... Invoice #18388

I'm opening a ticket as well. Cheers.

• @jeromeza said:
    @vortexmagnus - promo code said it applied but i'm still getting charged the full amount... Invoice #18388

The coupon code is expired for quarterly terms.

• @mtsbatalha said:

@jeromeza said:
    @vortexmagnus - promo code said it applied but i'm still getting charged the full amount... Invoice #18388

Still supposed to work for ANNUAL? - oh well guess I'm sticking with my online.net / kimsufi for now then. Thanks.

• @jeromeza said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@jeromeza said:

Still supposed to work for ANNUAL? - oh well guess I'm sticking with my online.net / kimsufi for now then. Thanks.

The coupon is working for annual payments.

• @willie said:

kalimov622 said:

Atoms are in the UK

Oh hmm. Still a terrific offer but I already have an EU dedi (scaleway C1, ARM) for a little over $3 a month. Probably less powerful than the Atom but I mostly care about memory isolation (i.e. dedi instead of VPS) rather than compute strength for this app.

Yes, scaleway has a nice offer, however with vortexnode you get more space and if you're lucky you can even get double ram and 500/640gb which turns it into a nice storage server.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

kalimov622 said: double ram and 500/640gb which turns it into a nice storage server.

Good point, even though luck is involved. Right now I'm using a hetzner dedi plus some openvz vps's for storage and my application for a tiny dedi is just to run some security sensitive code that I don't want on a vps, so the scaleway is plenty for that. For storage I'd want some kind of redundancy (RAID or replicated data), and two of those lucky Atoms giving 640gb of 2x redundant storage for $10/month is about $15/TB which is ok but not great for dedicated server storage. It's about 3x what I'm currently paying per TB for raid-5 and raid-6 vps's.

• DaipuXDaipuX Member
    edited January 2017

@VortexMagnus said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@cgs3238 said:
    Hmmm, ATOMS stocks.

We took away the quarterly coupon. Annual only:

ATOMCATANL

$5/month (paid annually)

$60/yr Atom dedicated server... Hmmmm... Sound good. I ordered one.

It arrived blazin fast within 35 minutes.

Here's my results.

Benchmark started on Wed  4 Jan 23:53:51 GMT 2017
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D525   @ 1.80GHz
    CPU Cores       : 4
    Frequency       : 1800.131 MHz
    Memory          : 1839 MB
    Swap            : 3999 MB
    Uptime          : 1 day, 10:25,

OS              : CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 3.10.0-514.2.2.el7.x86_64
    Hostname        : prohibited

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 0.0.0.0

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        11.3MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          2.36MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       5.47MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       5.42MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       216KB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       4.70MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          3.08MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       2.59MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         11.1MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        11.2MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 73.2 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 72.9 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 76.5 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 74.2 MB/s

# df -h
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda2       226G  1.7G  213G   1% /

Unfortunately, there's no 4GB RAM or 500GB HDD.

But pretty good for the price...

• ATOMCATANL seems expired.

• @VortexMagnus said:

@emmd19 said:
    Mine got provisioned early this morning. So far things look great! Currently running Debian 8. This is a small nitpick, but is it possible to get an Ubuntu 16.04 image as part of the selection?

We have a template for 16.04 and you should be able to reinstall in to it from the dashboard :)

Glad things are going well for you.

There is no 16.04 template.. been waiting for one for over a month right now. The team tried to install it as a courtesy on my vps and it failed. Even the ISOs they set up did not work. They told me I should stick with 14.04. Where exactly is this template? I logged in to check and the latest ubuntu version is 14.04.

• I never thought it was a big deal to install 14.04 and upgrade to 16.04. Ubuntu is really good at doing that. It doesn't take long (I'm running 16.04 on a couple of vortex thingies)