Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBittorrentClient - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBittorrentClient

2»

Comments

• wdqwdq Member

Most hosts seem to be fine with torrenting as long as you don't abuse things like the network, disk, or CPU, and don't get any DMCA notices. Just be sure to watch out for hosts that specifically are against torrenting.

• rtorrent :3

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@perennate said: RamNode's doesn't either.

Yeah, I should update that. We allow it in the context of what @wdq just said.

• Transmission is cool and integrates with flexget :)

• @Woop said: qbittorrent-nox

this

• Thanks for all the comments. I figured most don't allow it because they don't want to deal with possible legal/DMCA issues, especially at LEB prices. One less possible headache. Even if they follow the law and qualify for safe-harbors, things don't always go as planned.

And finally, seems like it is time to check out qbitorrent-nox ;)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@rm_ said: aria2 - It's like "wget" for torrents, just as simple. Can only download a signle torrent at a time, downloads (then seeds it for as much as you configure) and exits.

http://aria2.sourceforge.net/ (it's in Debian too)

Thats pretty neat.

That said my personal favorite is rtorrent, I run it on my nas which is pretty under powered and doesn't use a whole lot of CPU (despite having a crapton of torrents). Can be a little ram heavy with many torrents, but all clients are like that.

• utorrent for desktop and rtorrent for server.

• twaintwain Member

Yep qbittorrent