Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for options like ArubaCloud - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for options like ArubaCloud

2»

Comments

• @nik said:
    I can do this for 3 EUR month:

2 vCPU @ 3.5 GHz
    1 GB ECC RAM
    20 GB SSD
    1 TB @ 1 Gbps
    Voxility Anti DDoS included

Location is Frankfurt, Germany.
    Let me know if you are interested, than I can create you an URL to order.

@nik looks very interesting. can i get a test server/ order with cancel-option?

• @nik how is your connectivity to Falkenstein, DE and to the US? I have a couple servers at Brand H (Falkenstein) and downloading stuff to the US from there is pretty slow.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@willie said:
    @nik how is your connectivity to Falkenstein, DE and to the US? I have a couple servers at Brand H (Falkenstein) and downloading stuff to the US from there is pretty slow.

Hi! Please check our Looking Glass: http://lg.fra1.nodion.com
    If you can give me a testfile you want me to download from the US I can do that as well, just write me a PM or join our live chat on nodion.com. Thanks.

@blackjack4494 said:

@nik said:

2 vCPU @ 3.5 GHz
    1 GB ECC RAM
    20 GB SSD
    1 TB @ 1 Gbps

Just order one, if you don't like it after 24h I will refund you.

• @nik said:

@willie said:
    @nik how is your connectivity to Falkenstein, DE and to the US? I have a couple servers at Brand H (Falkenstein) and downloading stuff to the US from there is pretty slow.

If you can give me a testfile you want me to download from the US I can do that as well, just write me a PM or join our live chat on nodion.com. Thanks.

@blackjack4494 said:

@nik said:

2 vCPU @ 3.5 GHz
    1 GB ECC RAM
    20 GB SSD
    1 TB @ 1 Gbps

Any way you can do 2vCPU, 2GB RAM and 40 GB SSD, 3 TB traffic for 5 euro?

Also wondering where you have your servers and if you resell or have your own hardware.

@Wicked said:

@nik said:

@willie said:

@blackjack4494 said:

@nik said:

2 vCPU @ 3.5 GHz
    1 GB ECC RAM
    20 GB SSD
    1 TB @ 1 Gbps

Any way you can do 2vCPU, 2GB RAM and 40 GB SSD, 3 TB traffic for 5 euro?

Also wondering where you have your servers and if you resell or have your own hardware.

Best would be if you hop in our Live chat (nodion.com, bottom right) to discuss details.

• Can I add a late question about ArubaCloud? I wanted to try their 60 days free trial, however right now their free-trial-code request seems down.

In the meantime, could anybody do a speed test with https://www.webpagetest.org on their installation, Wordpress if possible. Would be interesting how fast you can load your WP page.

Hope I don't ask too much, you use Apache or nginx, or EasyEngine, Litespeed, centminmod - or any other Wordpress doping?

• @dergelbe said:
    Can I add a late question about ArubaCloud? I wanted to try their 60 days free trial, however right now their free-trial-code request seems down.

In the meantime, could anybody do a speed test with https://www.webpagetest.org on their installation, Wordpress if possible. Would be interesting how fast you can load your WP page.

Hope I don't ask too much, you use Apache or nginx, or EasyEngine, Litespeed, centminmod - or any other Wordpress doping?

Not able to do this right now but they are fast, don't worry about that. Aruba is a big provider.

I had 3 sites on my 1 EUR server and it was surprisingly fast and solid.

Thanked by 1dergelbe
  • @Wicked said:
    How is support with Aruba? And any idea how they handle DDoS? Not expecting any attacks but nice to know.

Just experienced that. Answer: very poor, at least on weekends. I hate to wait about 36 hours for basically a "we don't care fuck" in a polite way.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • i am customer of arubacloud too, it is one of the best vps hosting service that provides 1 euro vps of 1gb ram.

i like there service and there support is nice.

• i recommend you to use arubacloud for your vps, b.t.w you can signup for 30 vps server from one account i think using 1 euro vps.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited January 2017

I know of two and suspect a third:

• nodion - 12 €/year, performance OK, network OK, support good (@Nik is friendly and quick)
      remark: virtualkick is so lousy and shitty a panel that it's next to worthless and more of a problem than a help.

• aruba - 12 €/year, performance OK, network lousy to OK, depending on location (italy is lousy), support lousy.

• hostsolutions (@cociu), exact price unknown but cheap, performance OK, network OK, support good. Big plus: Own their data centers, multiple pipes, not a one man show. Another big plus: cociu is open (sometimes even to crazy things *g) and doesn't offer only the usual standard products. He's the one to ask first if you want something "bespoken" at a good price in europe.

Note: This is based on personal experience, not on hear say. I personally am getting multiple cheap, cheap (but not lousy) boxes from aruba. Reason: I don't care much for support once the VPS is up and running and I like their flexibility and (somewhat strange but good) panel.
    Normally my choice would have been nodion/Nik but virtkick is so crappy and troublesome that I don't waste my time on it.
    That said, if you want just a standard product with linux you might want to look at nodion. Technically their nodes and network are nice and Nik provides good support (within what shitty virtkick allows him ...)

• @bsdguy said:

• nodion - 12 €/year, performance OK, network OK, support good (@Nik is friendly and quick)

Hi @bsdguy and @nik
    What are the specs of the nodion 12 € / year plan?

Hi,

please take a look here:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/100830/12-yr-continues-2-vcpu-cores-512-mb-ram-15-gb-ssd-anti-ddos-kvm-in-london-or-frankfurt

This offer is still valid for our Frankfurt and London location.

• @nqservices said:

@bsdguy said:

Hi @bsdguy and @nik
    What are the specs of the nodion 12 € / year plan?

See @nik's answer for nodion.

Generally, to make a simple comparison (totally unscientific, based on up-to-date concrete experience with machines at both): the virtual machines are roughly comparable/similar. nodion has the better network and aruba offers more bang for the buck, particularly in terms of traffic (2TB vs 0.5TB iirc).

Yet another perspective might be this: If you are experienced and can live with a not so great network but want RAM and traffic volume, go with aruba. If you are less experienced and/or need the best network one can get for small money plus not at all bad support, go nodion.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Can do exactly this:

1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD, 1 TB traffic and KVM

in Dallas(Incero) and ColoCrossing(Buffalo) as Xen HVM(practically same as KVM) for $5/mo.

• tmwctmwc Member
    edited January 2017

I might be one to suggest one:

VortexNode has a $10/yr deal in stock right now: https://www.vortexnode.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=46

Doesn't say anything about DDoS protection, but I figured I'd add it in

Thanked by 1VortexMagnus