Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Looking for options like ArubaCloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Looking for options like ArubaCloud

Probably not a lot of providers that can match their prices but it's worth a try. My current OVH VPS is expiring soon(got a 1 EUR/month deal) and I'm looking for something similar.

All I know of is ArubaCloud. Please let me know if there is some other options. Budget is max 3 EUR/5 USD month. 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD, 1 TB traffic and KVM.

«1

Comments

  • Solid budget for $5. Sure you'll get nice offers.

    Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Unfortunately you just missed the OVH black friday offer which was 50% off regular VPS prices for 1 year. If you can live with 10GB SSD, their regular 2GB VPS is 3.49 USD/month (3 euro I think) which is still pretty good. I got one of those on black friday ($1.75/month) and also got an i-83 storage server in the same data center, which should be quite a good combo :).

    Thanked by 1mik997
  • @Wicked is HDD and Canada an option for you?

  • @Wicked

    I have a VPS with ArubaCloud UK Data Center and about 8 months now. I have no problem with it and the VPS are responsive and solid. There are only 1 maintenance process and they reboot my VPS .

    Hardly get a 1 EUR/month VMware VPS with 1GB RAM and 20GB SSD. Anyway, this is a great deal. I will keep it as long as the price remain the same.

  • How is support with Aruba? And any idea how they handle DDoS? Not expecting any attacks but nice to know.

  • JorboxJorbox Member
    edited December 2016

    @Wicked said:
    How is support with Aruba? And any idea how they handle DDoS? Not expecting any attacks but nice to know.

    I registered year ago and I have more than 15 vps but I didn't need their support to tell you, but really where you can find 15 kvm (20gb,1 ram) with 15 ip for 15£

  • @francisco when are those slices coming?

  • edited December 2016

    Melbicom.net

    Amsterdam, Netherlands offer: Intel Xeon CPU 1 Core (1 x +2,8 GHz), 2 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD, 1 Gbit/s connection speed, umetered traffic. Price: €2,9

    Moscow, Russia offer: Intel Xeon CPU 1 Core (1 x +2,8 GHz), 2 GB RAM, 40 GB HDD, 1 Gbit/s connection speed, umetered traffic. Price: €2,4

    Thanked by 156gomez
  • ultravps.eu 512mb kvm for 10euro per 6months. (dusseldorf, Amsterdam, dallas, los Angeles)

    Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • @Arttu_Rantanen said:
    Melbicom.net

    Amsterdam, Netherlands offer: Intel Xeon CPU 1 Core (1 x +2,8 GHz), 2 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD, 1 Gbit/s connection speed, umetered traffic. Price: €2,9

    Moscow, Russia offer: Intel Xeon CPU 1 Core (1 x +2,8 GHz), 2 GB RAM, 40 GB HDD, 1 Gbit/s connection speed, umetered traffic. Price: €2,4

    DDoS Protection in AMS? And more info on CPU please.

  • @wicked maybe submit a ticket to providers you are interested in asking for their server specs?

  • @Wicked They provide DDoS protection. You can open a ticket for more detailed information. The processor core is dedicated. Virtualization is at the hardware level. Powerful Intel Xeon processors are used.

    Note: I am a customer. :)

  • Can u show their Looking glass for nl & ru

  • @rokok

    Amsterdam, Netherlands: 213.183.51.2

    Moscow, Russia: 213.183.48.4

    Thanked by 2rokok fan
  • @Wicked said:
    How is support with Aruba? And any idea how they handle DDoS? Not expecting any attacks but nice to know.

    support is a bit slow and VPS snapshots expire after two days :(
    As regards anti-DDoS, they seem to have deployed a Radware solution across their network in 2014 but I'm not sure if this protection extends to the budget Cloud Smart VPS range

    Otherwise, I'm very happy with my ArubaCloud VPS' - this is the kind of performance your €1 /month buys;

    [email protected]:/# sysbench --test=cpu run
    sysbench 0.4.12:  multi-threaded system evaluation benchmark
    
    Running the test with following options:
    Number of threads: 1
    
    Doing CPU performance benchmark
    
    Threads started!
    Done.
    
    Maximum prime number checked in CPU test: 10000
    
    
    Test execution summary:
        total time:                          12.7538s
        total number of events:              10000
        total time taken by event execution: 12.7494
        per-request statistics:
             min:                                  1.19ms
             avg:                                  1.27ms
             max:                                  2.69ms
             approx.  95 percentile:               1.53ms
    
    Threads fairness:
        events (avg/stddev):           10000.0000/0.00
        execution time (avg/stddev):   12.7494/0.00
    
    [email protected]:/# speedtest-cli
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from Aruba.it (89.36.xx.xx)...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by Bouygues Telecom (Paris) [6.73 km]: 15.663 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 853.50 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 264.38 Mbit/s
    [email protected]:/# dd if=/dev/zero of=test1 bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 1.28922 s, 833 MB/s
    [email protected]:/# dd if=/dev/zero of=test2 bs=64k count=32k conv=fdatasync
    32768+0 records in
    32768+0 records out
    2147483648 bytes (2.1 GB, 2.0 GiB) copied, 2.1252 s, 1.0 GB/s
    [email protected]:/# dd if=/dev/zero of=test3 bs=64k count=64k conv=fdatasync
    65536+0 records in
    65536+0 records out
    4294967296 bytes (4.3 GB, 4.0 GiB) copied, 3.91842 s, 1.1 GB/s
    

    .. so they definitely get my recommendation as a LET provider :)

  • niknik Member, Host Rep

    I can do this for 3 EUR month:

    2 vCPU @ 3.5 GHz
    1 GB ECC RAM
    20 GB SSD
    1 TB @ 1 Gbps
    Voxility Anti DDoS included

    Location is Frankfurt, Germany.
    Let me know if you are interested, than I can create you an URL to order.

  • @nik said:
    I can do this for 3 EUR month:

    2 vCPU @ 3.5 GHz
    1 GB ECC RAM
    20 GB SSD
    1 TB @ 1 Gbps
    Voxility Anti DDoS included

    Location is Frankfurt, Germany.
    Let me know if you are interested, than I can create you an URL to order.

    Can you link me your site? I'm on my phone and can't see signatures.

    I bought a VPS with Aruba Cloud and even got a IP without any spam listings. Still looking for similar offers, would prefer some basic ddos protection.

  • niknik Member, Host Rep

    @Wicked said:

    @nik said:
    I can do this for 3 EUR month:

    2 vCPU @ 3.5 GHz
    1 GB ECC RAM
    20 GB SSD
    1 TB @ 1 Gbps
    Voxility Anti DDoS included

    Location is Frankfurt, Germany.
    Let me know if you are interested, than I can create you an URL to order.

    Can you link me your site? I'm on my phone and can't see signatures.

    I bought a VPS with Aruba Cloud and even got a IP without any spam listings. Still looking for similar offers, would prefer some basic ddos protection.

    Sure, nodion.com

  • @nik i see only France as location (if FRA1 doesn't mean Germany :P then yes, i am correct)

  • niknik Member, Host Rep

    @StevenGeorge said:
    @nik i see only France as location (if FRA1 doesn't mean Germany :P then yes, i am correct)

    This is a German flag with "FRA1", how would you even think this is France? :D
    FRA is the airport short handle for Frankfurt. It's quite common in the hosting industry to use airport handles as server locations.

    We don't have anything in France and won't expand to France, the market there is quite saturated and since our whole team is from Germany and we know Frankfurt in and out this is where we are at :-)

    We will open a 2nd FRA location before expanding to other countries (if we ever will do that, there is nothing on the roadmap yet).

    Thanked by 2ehab rokok
  • how about the flag?

  • anymore questions like this @nik might raise the price!

  • @nik said:

    @StevenGeorge said:
    @nik i see only France as location (if FRA1 doesn't mean Germany :P then yes, i am correct)

    This is a German flag with "FRA1", how would you even think this is France? :D
    FRA is the airport short handle for Frankfurt. It's quite common in the hosting industry to use airport handles as server locations.

    We don't have anything in France and won't expand to France, the market there is quite saturated and since our whole team is from Germany and we know Frankfurt in and out this is where we are at :-)

    We will open a 2nd FRA location before expanding to other countries (if we ever will do that, there is nothing on the roadmap yet).

    my bad, i didn't even thought about Frankfurt, i just thought it should be DE1 :D

    thanks for clearing this ....

  • @ehab said:

    anymore questions like this @nik might raise the price!

    It was a mistake, i didn't noticed it much ...

  • @StevenGeorge , :) don't worry i made/asked worse ...

  • Wicked said: All I know of is ArubaCloud. Please let me know if there is some other options.

    https://simplyhosting.com/servers/ssd-vps?PR=EG9e&gclid=CK7Ptcub9tACFcePswod2SMEOg

    Thanked by 1ehab
  • @jenkki said:

    Wicked said: All I know of is ArubaCloud. Please let me know if there is some other options.

    https://simplyhosting.com/servers/ssd-vps?PR=EG9e&gclid=CK7Ptcub9tACFcePswod2SMEOg

    Does the VAT applied outside EU?

  • brian777 said: Does the VAT applied outside EU?

    Guess its a British tax.. Try to select country and press update button.

  • @jenkki said:

    Wicked said: All I know of is ArubaCloud. Please let me know if there is some other options.

    https://simplyhosting.com/servers/ssd-vps?PR=EG9e&gclid=CK7Ptcub9tACFcePswod2SMEOg

    Interesting. Will give them a shot maybe.

Sign In or Register to comment.