Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have people stop using WordPress for hosting? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Have people stop using WordPress for hosting?

2»

Comments

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@saf31 said:
    what tools do you guys use to make custom pages like a static front page ??

Front page isn't even supported by cpanel anymore because of security issues.

Notepad, Sublime Text, Atom, Brackets, there are a bunch of coding platforms out there that are lean and mean, which include debugging while you type.

Clearly there are a number of people out there unwilling to take the time to educate themselves and are just looking for the cookie cutter website regardless of creativity and security.

• @ManofServer said:
    Static websites is the way to go.

The majority of websites aren't static though

• I've been using WordPress for a while, and have had very few issues. Just keep up with the updates, and keep the plugins to a minimum.

That said, I've been enamored with the new Elementor Pro plugin. It gives amazing control over content and layout.

• LeeLee Veteran

oneilonline said: Clearly there are a number of people out there unwilling to take the time to educate themselves and are just looking for the cookie cutter website regardless of creativity and security.

Dick.

Thanked by 1alown
  • I have also been using WordPress for a while. Moved away from Joomla to use wordpress and had no major issues.

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited December 2016

@oneilonline said:

Clearly there are a number of people out there unwilling to take the time to educate themselves and are just looking for the cookie cutter website regardless of creativity and security.

Clearly there are a number of people out there unwilling to take the time to educate themselves and are just looking for the cookie cutter server hosting as well - what do you do that is unique?