Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 1240+ / 16GB / 240+GB SSD and 500GB+ HDD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E3 1240+ / 16GB / 240+GB SSD and 500GB+ HDD

JWU42JWU42 Member
edited December 2016 in Requests

US locations please - Dallas / Chicago / Atlanta / LA preferred (open to some 2nd tier locations as well)

The greater CPU I can get the better (i.e., 1281 v3). I can probably get by with 8GB of RAM if that helps on cost but do need 2 drives - 1 being a 240+ GB SSD.

Budget is ~$40/mo and can pay quarterly/annually if that helps on pricing.

I have been with Dacentec and Delimiter the past 2-3 years and service from Delimiter has been not as good of late...

Thanks in Advance.

EDIT: 10TB on 1 Gbps is plenty of bandwidth. I can get by with 5TB but want gigabit speed when I need it.

Comments

• GM5GM5 Member, Host Rep

What sort of bandwidth do you require? I may be able to work something out in LA on an annual basis.

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

We just launched something like that. Check it out HERE

Our Rent to Own terms

• 10TB is plenty - seldom use more than 3TB...

2.37TB is average monthly combined (200GB Down / 2.2TB Up)

• @miamiconsultant said:
    We just launched something like that. Check it out HERE

Our Rent to Own terms

Thanks - prefer Gigabit link. This is certainly an option!

JWU42 said: Thanks - prefer Gigabit link. This is certainly an option!

10TB on gig is the default option. I don't know why the form was showing both the 10T and 100mbps options. It's fixed.

• JWU42JWU42 Member
    edited December 2016

@miamiconsultant said:

JWU42 said: Thanks - prefer Gigabit link. This is certainly an option!

10TB on gig is the default option. I don't know why the form was showing both the 10T and 100mbps options. It's fixed.

Appreciate the quick response!

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

We have 1240v2 and v3 in stock, but you would need to double your budget if you want a quality provider. The SSD is what also drives up the price.

• @oneilonline said:
    We have 1240v2 and v3 in stock, but you would need to double your budget if you want a quality provider. The SSD is what also drives up the price.

I appreciate you get what you pay for (to a point).

What am I finding is the difference between "quality" and "cheap" is about 1-2% (i.e., 98% of the time things are OK). For commercial purposes that 1-2% loss means a lot ($$$) and is worth $100+/mo hosting. For a personal project I can give up the 1-2% to save 50%.

Thanked by 2deadbeef Xeoncross

JWU42 said: Delimiter has been not as good of late...

Implied otherwise...

• Thanks for that non value added comment - please move on...

edited December 2016

oneilonline said: you would need to double your budget if you want a quality provider.

Says the guy charging double.

Providers who operate their own datacenters, networks, hardware etc. without any upstream providers can offer better deals.

Let me translate for you, you implied "quality" made a difference saying Delimiter has not been good lately, therefore you are contradicting yourself. None the less, you're not going to find anything at that budget.

• Reading comprehension is not your strength I see. For the 2nd time, please leave this thread.

Thank You

• Hey,

We've got the following on our December SuperDeals:

VNDX814 - Dallas - E3-1240v2 / 32GB RAM / 1x 120GB SSD &1TB SATA

I know the SSD is smaller than you are asking for, forgive me if that's a strict requirement. 10TB Bandwidth and 1Gbps Port, yours for $39.95/month.

Thanks,

MM

Thanked by 2JWU42 JCH
  • @MrRadic usually has these nice E3s at $39 every few weeks

Thanked by 1JWU42
  • @VortexMagnus -- yes, the 240+ GB SSD is needed. If you have an LG that would be great as I am curious of the DC and network.

@vimalware - thanks will ping him

• @VortexMagnus said:
    Hey,

We've got the following on our December SuperDeals:

VNDX814 - Dallas - E3-1240v2 / 32GB RAM / 1x 120GB SSD &1TB SATA

I know the SSD is smaller than you are asking for, forgive me if that's a strict requirement. 10TB Bandwidth and 1Gbps Port, yours for $39.95/month.

Thanks,

MM

which dallas datacentar do use? that good price, hvh sold me server that i cant login to for close price. i interested in deal.

• @planofam - how about sending him a message instead?

If you go to their website you will find a LG.

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

planofam said: which dallas datacentar do use? that good price, hvh sold me server that i cant login to for close price. i interested in deal.

To chime in you were able to login fine after passed over to you last week and I confirmed personally as well. After you received your ESXi host node you setup a VM and broke networking. This will require an OS reload or troubleshooting as we have told you numerous times yet you continue to blow up the ticket and my PM's here otherwise demanding refunds. Your system was ordered on 12/5/16, welcome email sent out on 12/6/16 and then you ticketed us on 12/11/16 in regards to your server not working anymore (we confirmed no hardware/networking issues on our end).

The machine is self-managed so any work would need to be approved by yourself as billable tech time including the OS reload which I marked down to $5 for you.

I wish you luck if you decide to pick another provider over your issues and of course if not then we are always here to help buddy :)

@JWU42 - Shoot me a PM with what locations are still desired and I will see if we have any stock laying around that fits your needs/budget, thanks!

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@JWU42 Check out Alnitech - they mostly post on WHT. They've had a few 1230v2/3 promos in the $30 to $50/mo range in Chicago or Asheville, NC I believe.

Normally 100Mbps unmetered as the base option but might be able to message them and work with them on bandwidth/drive combo. The closest I've seen to what you want is $49 for 240GB SSD + 2x1TB HDD.

I have a $40/m 2x1TB box in Chicago with them and service has been great so far (about 3-4 months).

Thanked by 1JWU42
  • @VSNX_Nick said:

planofam said: which dallas datacentar do use? that good price, hvh sold me server that i cant login to for close price. i interested in deal.

To chime in you were able to login fine after passed over to you last week and I confirmed personally as well. After you received your ESXi host node you setup a VM and broke networking. This will require an OS reload or troubleshooting as we have told you numerous times yet you continue to blow up the ticket and my PM's here otherwise demanding refunds. Your system was ordered on 12/5/16, welcome email sent out on 12/6/16 and then you ticketed us on 12/11/16 in regards to your server not working anymore (we confirmed no hardware/networking issues on our end).

The machine is self-managed so any work would need to be approved by yourself as billable tech time including the OS reload which I marked down to $5 for you.

I wish you luck if you decide to pick another provider over your issues and of course if not then we are always here to help buddy :)

@JWU42 - Shoot me a PM with what locations are still desired and I will see if we have any stock laying around that fits your needs/budget, thanks!

>

sorry sir please help fix server, it take me long time almost week to get the 45 dollar btc. i did not want offend or defume company. please forgife and help fix as cant login nothing fix ipmi money i dont have yet

• @planofam - please stop posting in my thread and take it to a private message.

• @JWU42 said:
    @planofam - please stop posting in my thread and take it to a private message.

my apologes. the host want me reply with apology. sorry for everythang

• Thanks!

• miamiconsultant said: We just launched something like that. Check it out HERE

Can you PM me a test IP? Thank you.

windytime90 said: Can you PM me a test IP? Thank you.

http://mirror.hostforce.com/

• Thanks for the offers - I found a few on WHT as well. Will try to narrow this down in the next day or two.

• JWU42JWU42 Member
    edited December 2016

As an update - I have decided to go with VortexNode in Dallas - the deal is too good not to try. Thanks to several folks who helped via multiple PMs the last few days. Specifically want to note @SSDBlaze and @JCH for their efforts in trying very hard to come up with a deal that worked. If things do not work to plan I will certainly be back talking to them. I cannot attest to their servers/network, but they were both very professional on the front-end (even @JCH giving me a few hours on the server to poke around).

I'll update with a short-term review of VortexNode (how quickly did the server get set-up etc) and if things go well a 3 month review (by then you have likely had an issue or two and can reasonably comment on their service and further the server/network etc).

Thanked by 2SSDBlaze JCH
  • UPDATE

Overall remain satisfied- especially at the pricing offered. They added a few new options via the management interface for simple things like rDNS.

And now to the things I should have known...

1. At these prices don't expect a newer SSD (4+ year old Sandforce SSD with hundreds of TB written)

2. The 1240v2 is slower (for most of my needs) than a 1230v3

3. The LG for many sites doesn't always show the IP space you will get. Ended up in CC IP land which isn't ideal (IMHO).

Line speeds have been very good and support excellent. Overall satisfied as noted but a few minor things that would take me from satisfied to thrilled (newer SSD and more transparency on IP space).

Thanked by 1VortexMagnus
  • Thanks for review. VortexNode is a good company with humanz in support.

@JWU42 said:
    The LG for many sites doesn't always show the IP space you will get. Ended up in CC IP land which isn't ideal (IMHO).

>

Why, I'm not surprised it happened again with another provider too...