Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested in dedicated server with 250mbits port unmetered ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interested in dedicated server with 250mbits port unmetered ?

Comments

• Everything under $7 is welcome :)

Thanked by 1switsys
  • $84/yr :)

• beat hetzner , wsi ovh ( and it's brands) and you have my wallet.
    do you accept paypal?

Thanked by 2BeardyUnixGuy willie
  • you should make a website to sell these, call it SoYouStart or something

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Sorry i was not available the last few days.

@ehab ;) will work on that.

@inthecloudblog yes we accept paypal.

@texteditor "LETsbegin" sounds better :)

@all thanks for your comments, will get back to you if we sort something out of this.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ netomx
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@ikoula SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Omg LETsbegin! ! !you should register it asap!

• @Ikoula when you will release the plans?

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

Like inthecloudblog says, if you can beat Hetzner we're all listening.

For me it would be a personal computation and storage server, so I don't need special network, IP's, etc. But I'd like a faster cpu than e3-1220v5, like e3-1245v2 or better. Don't care much about ram capacity but would want ECC. Would prefer two disks for raid-1. High capacity (2x4TB or 2x6TB) is good and I'm willing to pay for that. I would not switch away from Hetzner right now (I have an i7-3770, 2x3TB, 32GB ram, for 28.6 euro/month exVAT) but could imagine wanting a second server of comparable specs (except xeon based) sometime in 2017.

• 16 gb/32 of ram, dual cpus (here is where I put my money) single disk /250 -500gb hdd and English support, billing and abuse.
    Single ip. Decent panel.
    250 mbits should be unmetered.

• I just put a request in for almost exactly this, with budget $20/mo. Only issue is location:france but I could get over that, if you accept bitcoin.

• didtavdidtav Member
    edited December 2016

Hope you'll success with this plan.
    If you cold go Under €15 and I believe many will buy it

@mtsbatalha internal discussion is still open, it is sad but it is not for now but the more reactions i get here the faster i can make it happen.

@willie yeah but this config will raise the price.

Let's say xeon 1620v2 16GB 2*4TB raid1, how much are you willing to pay for that ?

@inthecloudblog we sell only unmetered network.

@twomop no bitcoin

• Let's say xeon 1620v2 16GB 2*4TB raid1, how much are you willing to pay for that ?

1620v2 is just slightly more passmark as e3-1245v2 so I'd hope to pay not much extra. Currently 1245v2 with 2*3TB is 36.5 euro (exVAT, software raid which is ok with me) at the Hetzner auction. Adding ~ 10 euro for the larger disks and being ok with a bit of flexibility would be around 50 euro which I think would be pretty attractive. It's not that important to actually beat Hetzner if you can come pretty close.

That's just to give you an data point about market desires. I can't actually buy something like that til sometime next year at the earliest. I'm happy enough with my Hetzner i7 that I don't want to switch away from it for a while, and I don't yet need 2 servers. But I have a weird intermittent crash in one of my long-running programs, so I don't know if it's a software bug or conceivably a memory error. That's why I'd like my next server to have ECC.

I sometimes think of getting one of the ridiculously cheap 2*E5-2670 servers at Wholesaleinternet.com just for computation power, but I can't really justify it because of the small disks. I do long computations on the i7 that make me wish for more speed, but it is also cpu-idle (just used for storage) a lot of the time.

I see the the D-1520 (6396) and D-1540 (10573) are finally in cpubenchmark.net! OVH is using those and I think they save a lot of power, so that may be something else to consider. Online.net has the D-1531 which is not yet benchmarked so I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows anything.

Thanked by 1vimalware

I updated our internal discussion thx !

No problem i didn't meant to make an offer, i just wanted to know your expectations.

Why don't you run memtest program outside the OS ?

Thanked by 1willie
  • Why don't you run memtest program outside the OS ?

I've been wanting to figure out how to do that. It would have to be from the Hetzner rescue system, I guess.

• if the price is correct and 250 unlimited i would buy.

Thanked by 1Ikoula

@willie i think the same way.

Thanked by 1willie
  • I would purchase if it was around €10/mo or with an annual payment option with a little bit better price.

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited December 2016

@ikoula
    Let's say a dedi like E3-1220v5 with 8GB 2TB 250 mbits unmetered

Try 2x1TB for 22Euro and no RAID card.

Single disk market is dominated by Kimsufi, unless you're offering a good quality 1xSSD for under 25Eu/month recurrring.

Like others have said, It needs to atleast be competitive with Hetzner E3+ECC+RAID1 from their auction site.

250mbit unmetered is the sweet spot for network, I agree.

100mbit just pushes you back into Kimsufi territory in our minds.

I'd rather pick up Hetzner for their Gigabit burstable .

I know nothing about your network and peering.

Could you share that info?

Let's say xeon 1620v2 16GB 2*4TB raid1, how much are you willing to pay for that ?

IMO , That's a waste of an E5 by using less than 64GB ram.

But I'd possibly bite for 35 Euros recurring or 40EUR recurring(with a /29)
    I'm only looking for directly attached disks (no hwraid magic) these days.

That said, I'd definitely be bundling a /29 for these more powerful boxes .

Are any 3 or 5 drive configs possible with your E3v5 Chassis? (2or4HDD + 1 ssd for caching)

Just throwing out some ideas for how you can mix and match available/old inventory with those new efficient E3V5.

Thanked by 1Ikoula

@vimalware could you be a little more specific concerning network and peering info you would like to know ?

There is disk options that allows you to choose 2/4 TB sata or 240/480GB ssd in four slots.

Yes, thanks i enjoyed reading your ideas.

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

That said, I'd definitely be bundling a /29 for these more powerful boxes .

Yes probably quite a few users will want that. In my case I don't need ipv4 at all. 1x ipv6 is fine.

Per vimalware, boxes with >2 drives are of interest if they are possible. There are Hetzner i7-2600 auctions with 4x4TB that I think about sometimes. Next after that is the SX-61 (4x6TB) which has a setup fee that's reasonable. I'm not currently near the level of needing that much disk but might be someday.

Hetzner network to the US is also pretty bad. If yours is better, that's a plus.

• Try 2x1TB for 22Euro and no RAID card.
    good quality 1xSSD for under 25Eu/month recurrring.

I think this would work pretty well. An option for 2x SSD would be nice too.
    If you can make something modular with ability to add drives for a small fee, that might be of interest.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up deciding!

For the network, I think it's AS21409, right?
    http://bgp.he.net/AS21409#_asinfo

• @Ikoula said:
    @mtsbatalha internal discussion is still open, it is sad but it is not for now but the more reactions i get here the faster i can make it happen.

from my perspective, the most I have spent on a VPS to-date is €8 /mo on a 3 month contract. I would consider something in the €10 - 15 range again on a 3 month contract for my first (entry-level) dedicated server and move some of my VPS workloads.

anything €20+ /mo would be outside my budget.

just my 2c fyi ;)

• For my current uses, 500gb and 100mbps with good RTT would be enough. But I wouldn't pay more than €12/mo VAT included, on a 3/6 month contract.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

$5 dedis

• 2x1TB or 4x1TB/500GB would be nice.

• Do something that Hetzner and online don't do.

In my research I found a BEAUTY of a box from Hetzner (PX61-NVMe) E3v5 4Ghz, 64gb ECC with 2x512MB NVMe Flash, 30TB transfer for 49.99 euros(before VAT).

If I had the budget and need for speed, I know what I'd get.

@datanoise Thanks and i will

@mik997 ok

@netomx ;)

@vimalware thanks (again) for your opinion

Thanked by 2netomx mik997
  • Honestly even an Atom with 2 disks would be interesting. Seems like every LE provider try to compete with Kimsufi by offering the same thing (but often at a higher price and without DDoS protection). Would make a great backup box.

But yeah, 250mbit wouldn't be required for that. I agree with others tho, 250mbit is a good sweetspot for anything more serious.