Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PremiumVM Launch Offers - IPv6 - 1GB @ $4 - 2GB @ $6 - Columbus, OH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PremiumVM Launch Offers - IPv6 - 1GB @ $4 - 2GB @ $6 - Columbus, OH

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited April 2013 in Offers

PremiumVM is back! As you will see by my other LET thread, we're relaunching and we're kicking off with 2 deals you just can't miss. We can guarantee you will get to use all your resources. Yes, that's right - there is no overselling. Some providers call their services "unmanaged" and then don't give you any support at all. We advertise "basic" management - this means that your services aren't fully managed, however we won't leave you in the dark. We will help you. We have more great deals to come, but this one won't last long so grab one before stock runs out.

Test IP: On request (ticket/PM)
Test File: On request (ticket/PM)
TOS: http://premiumvm.com/terms.html
IPv6 is available upon request (via ticket)

1GB @ $4

30GB Disk Space
350GB Bandwidth
1GB RAM
1.5GB Burstable RAM (or vSwap)
4 CPU Cores
OpenVZ Virtualization
Choice of Linux OS's
1 IP Address (more available upon request)

$4.00/month - Order Now
2GB @ $6

30GB Disk Space
350GB Bandwidth
2GB RAM
2.5GB Burstable RAM (or vSwap)
4 CPU Cores
OpenVZ Virtualization
Choice of Linux OS's
1 IP Address (more available upon request)

$6.00/month - Order Now

Other useful information:

All packages are upgradable, submit a ticket for pricing. We also offer custom packages, contact us for details.
Submit a ticket: https://www.premiumvm.com/clients/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1
Live Chat: in the bottom right corner of the website

All orders are subject to multiple fraud checks. If you pass the fraud checks, your order will be activated within 24 business hours (although usually much sooner).

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help!

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• wdqwdq Member

Summer is here everybody!

• We monitor all accounts and bill $1.00 for each gig of traffic exceeded.

Isn't that a little high?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

@wdq said: Summer is here everybody!

If only, so bluddy cold out here. :P

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@BlackoutIsHere said: Isn't that a little high?

We are human too, and are reasonable with people as long as people are reasonable with us.

• wdqwdq Member

@Infinity It is also still fairly cold here. It has been a nice mix of snow and rain for the past week.

• DeanDean Member
    edited April 2013

So... a couple of months ago PremiumVM closes down, I get transferred into UGVPS as they were reselling. It took weeks of chasing to get things into my UGVPS account.
    Now UGVPS UK location gets DOSed, and I lose my UK VPS as they migrate all clients to another country.

So... remind me, Why would I trust PremiumVM again?

• marcmmarcm Member

@dominicl - who is "we"?

@Jack said: You've got 5 weeks left yet! ;)

5 weeks till summer? Yeah, I know it's not long now, haha. Wanted to launch before a batch of kiddie hosts comes along.

@DeanClinton said: Why would I trust PremiumVM again?

I understand the difficulties you had last time, and would be happy to offer you some credit for the inconvenience so you can test the service - let me know if interested.

@marcm said: @dominicl - who is "we"?

Yes, only me at the moment. Will change the OP. There will be a few others along soon.

• jhjh Member

/Moves everything over

• jkr1711jkr1711 Member
    edited April 2013

@dominicl Pricing #win for PVM Four?

2xPVM Three plans would be equal to $20 which would get me

2x1GB RAM
    2x2GB Burst
    2x60GB Disk
    2x350GB BW

or 1xPVM Four plan for $22 would get me

2GB RAM
    4GB Burst
    80GB Disk
    450GB Burst

https://www.premiumvm.com/vps.html

Hmm...

@jhadley said: /Moves everything over

No sarcasm, please, James :)

@jkr1711 said: @dominicl Pricing #win for PVM Four?

These are deals, and aren't available on our site :)

• @dominicl No I mean your standard pricing, it's messed up, look at what I posted

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2013

$1 per GB traffic overage is absolutely ridiculous, and a remark along the lines of "we'll be reasonable as long as people are reasonable with us" only means that the client can never be certain whether he'll be charged through the roof or not. At the very least, you should offer a client the option to have their VPS suspended instead of billed for overage.

@jkr1711 said: @dominicl No I mean your standard pricing, it's messed up, look at what I posted

Oh, gotcha. That's been fixed. Thank you.

@joepie91 said: $1 per GB traffic overage is absolutely ridiculous, and a remark along the lines of "we'll be reasonable as long as people are reasonable with us" only means that the client can never be certain whether he'll be charged through the roof or not. At the very least, you should offer a client the option to have their VPS suspended instead of billed for overage.

I will get this edited.

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

Just chatted with Dominic on the website, specifically about IPv6. The datacenter is XLHost in Columbus, which appears to have end-to-end IPv6. He told me he'd get back to me on the possibility of PremiumVM implementing that option. Would be nice :) You'll have to ask him for the test IP, but the ASN is 10297 (eNet Inc., parent of XLHost), which seems to be a good network.

• marcmmarcm Member

@dominicl - who is the CEO?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

No love for the vSwap?

@marcm said: @dominicl - who is the CEO?

Of PremiumVM? Me.

@jarland said: No love for the vSwap?

vSwap or Burst is available. vSwap by default but I can change it to burst on request

• prae5prae5 Member

A number of things are questionable in your ToS, however that last line is a non starter for me.

PremiumVM reserves the right to amend any or all of the above policies, guidelines and disclaimer without notification. We also retain the right to increase any pricing and make changes to our account plans without notification.

Prices changes after a customer is committed to a service is a no no in my book. Terms like that just scream I will try to get customers in at a low price and then pump them up shortly after.

@prae5 an edited TOS will be posted in the morning, apologies for the inconvenience.

• @prae5 Even if other providers' TOS don't state such a thing explicitly, businesses have full right to set their prices, and could do this to you even without that in their TOS. You should be happy PremiumVM is being open about their abilities and options.

• ShigawireShigawire Member
    edited April 2013

@prae5 said: Prices changes after a customer is committed to a service is a no no in my book. Terms like that just scream I will try to get customers in at a low price and then pump them up shortly after.

Where does it say that "they" will increase the price of a service that is already assigned to you?
    To me it sounds like that they can change the pricing on their website without any notice..

Everything else would be illegal in most countries.

edited April 2013

Prices are locked for life, I will not change the pricing once you've signed up. This TOS was a template given that needs to be edited, made more clear and revised. I will upload a full, completed TOS in the morning.

• prae5prae5 Member

As someone who spent many hours a day reviewing contracts, "We also retain the right to increase any pricing and make changes to our account plans without notification." implies that it would apply to existing plans. If thats not their intentions then it should be clarified.

@DStrout yes business do have the right to set pricing as they see fit, however they do not have the right to arbitrary change the pricing of an existing agreement mid term.

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

Just noticed none of the "View details" links on the home page of PremiumVM.com work.

So as not to cause any further complications, I have removed the terms page until the morning when it will be reviewed, along with the broken links (thanks! I'll get there eventually)

• jhjh Member

@prae5 said: yes business do have the right to set pricing as they see fit, however they do not have the right to arbitrary change the pricing of an existing agreement mid term.

My understanding was that it could be changed between renewal terms.

• Hi @DominicL,

Going to go ahead and pick one of these up, good luck however, you could or perhaps perfected your launch a little bit better through getting proof readers and a beta tester. :)

Pricing will be locked so that's incorrect hence the removal of the TOS page till morning. It will be back ASAP with the right stuff on it!

@eastonch: proof reader was much needed, agreed. Thanks, let me know if you need anything.