Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where did you buy from this Black Friday/Cyber Monday? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where did you buy from this Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

2»

Comments

• jarland said: They're as close as you'll get.

I have to admit, you've done me there - saying that JB's effectively meaningless statement is 'as close as you'll get' and then next breath you give me actual figures. You tease.

Interesting data though, you could probably do a lot with it by correlating against the promotional activity. Find out what works and what doesn't. Even more interesting to work out where the new traffic came from, since so many LET'ers claim to not even go on LEB...

'Multiple times normal daily average' was way off though, LET didn't even quite reach 2x it's daily average, LEB fared better peaking at nearly 2.5x.

Appreciate you sharing the data, shame there's nothing more detailed to comb though, would make an interesting weekend project.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2016

Nekki said: Even more interesting to work out where the new traffic came from

Most of the traffic came straight from google or direct entry. The only things I could take from it for moving forward is that there is value to expanding presence on Facebook and Reddit. Otherwise this kind of traffic spike doesn't really seem like something that could be harnessed for regular consumption, it seems to be purely based on the temporary increase in demand.

What is interesting, though, is that traffic hasn't dropped back down to normal levels yet.

edited November 2016

Nekki said: shame there's nothing more detailed to comb though

Actually, if you're interested, there's nothing here that can't be public. The report from LET was taken late evening on Friday. While it wasn't the full day, the spike had died down and I felt it enough data to chew through.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ob94yrhpkesa0ji/LETReport.pdf?dl=0

Thanked by 2trewq ehab
  • jarland said: Actually, if you're interested, there's nothing here that can't be public. The report from LET was taken late evening on Friday. While it wasn't the full day, the spike had died down and I felt it enough data to chew through.

That's awesome, I'll have a comb through, cheers!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jarland said:

Nekki said: shame there's nothing more detailed to comb though

Actually, if you're interested, there's nothing here that can't be public. The report from LET was taken late evening on Friday. While it wasn't the full day, the spike had died down and I felt it enough data to chew through.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ob94yrhpkesa0ji/LETReport.pdf?dl=0

I love LET, but I think what surprises me the most about that report is that anyone uses the search function.

What does "Keyword not defined" as the referrer mean? The first result on Google says that US20060224729 is a patent related to referrer tracking.

Looking at the bottom of page 11, maybe that could be PRd into something along the lines of "Melania's family has visited LET. It was great!"

user123 said: What does "Keyword not defined" as the referrer mean? The first result on Google says that US20060224729 is a patent related to referrer tracking.

Yeah there's some weird stuff in there lol. I mentally just give it a margin of error and ignore anything that looks wildly out of place.

• Keyword not defined occurs when person comes from ssl google to page without ssl.

Thanked by 1user123
  • The scary part is that there's 13 people using bing.

• @user123 said:

I love LET, but I think what surprises me the most about that report is that anyone uses the search function.

50% of those inside search coming from me. anyways I use "site:lowendtalk.com" too, is more precise.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

We also registered extremely high order rate. Deployed 200+ VMs and still have a backlog for dedicated servers to be deployed.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • Probably not surprisingly, it was a very busy weekend for us too :)

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@AlexBarakov said:
    We also registered extremely high order rate. Deployed 200+ VMs and still have a backlog for dedicated servers to be deployed.

If you don't mind answering, which of the black Friday were the most popular?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@AlexBarakov said:

Still waiting on more IPs for BG plans or will it get delivered pretty quick if I order now-ish?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Harambe said: Still waiting on more IPs for BG plans or will it get delivered pretty quick if I order now-ish?

I will most likely have a new block routed in BG this week. Nothing set up as of yet.

@trewq - can't say specifically, as I have not looked at the exact numbers. Once I am in the office I will check. I think that most interest in our plans was the 6GB RAM, followed by the ultra cheap 1GB RAM.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Optione 'Neither' isn't available.

• @mikho said:

Tbf, if you didnt buy anything, you don't need to answer.

• One of the most successful Black Friday / Cyber Monday for LE?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

Tbf, if you didnt buy anything, you don't need to answer.

I didn't

Thanked by 1layc
  • mikho said:

I didn't

thx

Thanked by 2mikho layc