Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where did you buy from this Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where did you buy from this Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Quick poll, out of personal interest only.

Which LE* site did you purchase services from over past weekend (BlackFriday through CyberMonday)?
  1. I purchased services from...138 votes
    1. LowEndBox
        1.45%
    2. LowEndTalk
      87.68%
    3. both
      10.87%

Comments

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2016

At LET of course, LEB is a boring place.

Thanked by 3dedicados Unixfy ucxo
  • Bought a VPS I dont need from wishost lol. Too good deal to pass. Might host a tor relay on it.. (but not exit node to avoid abuse)

• I dident visited LEB since 1 year. Hard to navigate somehow.

• LEB is dead, all of the offers this year were strictly CC related companies which just goes to show the true color.

• I thought there is an 4th option:Nekki's threads.

• @cgs3238 said:
    I thought there is an 4th option:Nekki's threads.

Came here to say this.

• cgs3238 said: I thought there is an 4th option:Nekki's threads.

I considered adding it, but thought it would pollute the responses. I guess I could have added it as a secondary question, but too late now.

• Shouldn't it read LET or CC? :)

Thanked by 2GCat Unixfy
  • It was hard to decide which ColoCrossing subbrand to use, so I compromised, and went with none and used @VortexMagnus

• LET was best source of offers for me. Also, in my opinion, Nekki was the main pawn in this year's Black Friday and Cyber Monday. With his 'broken keyboard' (caps activated) he actually encouraged many small providers to step out of shadows and start advertising their business. In my opinion his effort and determination should not be unnoticed.

I vote for Nekki as moderator. As simple user, my words and opinions probably don't matter, but in my small opinion Nekki should be a moderator, and allowed to edit posts without ever asking it. Such attitude, involvement, and energy, should be motivated; but this is just my humble comment.

Thanked by 2VortexMagnus Waldo19
  • default said: I vote for Nekki as moderator.

Modding is not for me. I appreciate the sentiment tho.

• Bump, for a few more votes. Would like to reach 100-150 before the follow-up poll.

• Nekki said: I vote for Nekki as moderator.

we will recive all BAN ! :) so need first @nekki cellular number .... so please noooooo

• about buy ... yes i have buy a storage server to see the quality ... finnaly will be iddle , buy it from LET

• That's probably as much as we'll get.

@Jarland, don't suppose there's any chance you can tell me what % of the active membership responded, can you?

• user123user123 Member
    edited November 2016

@Nekki said:
    @Jarland, don't suppose there's any chance you can tell me what % of the active membership responded, can you?

I CAN SAY WITH ABSOLUTE ALMOST-CERTAINTY THAT 69% IS THE NUMBER YOU SEEK.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2016

@Nekki said:
    That's probably as much as we'll get.

I'd take these numbers with a grain of salt, being from vanilla:

https://s.jar.land/8TbJI3praZ/

Even piwik is a hit or miss with our crowd:

https://s.jar.land/kYSGU0nINi/

Either way you spin it though, huge spike in activity. Anyone thinking they were just fine passing on the opportunity to post an offer would be wrong, I would say. MXroute made record sales too.

Thanked by 2Nekki Junkless
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

It was actually pretty fun and @Nekki made it much more interesting.

• @jarland said:

Either way you spin it though, huge spike in activity. Anyone thinking they were just fine passing on the opportunity to post an offer would be wrong, I would say. MXroute made record sales too.

Cheers, certainly a huge boost. Interested to know if LEB had a similar spike.

Not surprised you saw massive sales, your special was pretty spectacular.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yep, I liked it too. Our offer went unnoticed, which is another plus :)

• @Maounique said:
    Our offer went unnoticed, which is another plus :)

I don't think you quite understand the point of having offers.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Me? I never understand anything, I always thought it is for fun.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@jarland said:

Certainly had. At least for Virmach's post :)

• @MrGeneral said:

@Nekki said:

@jarland said:

Certainly had. At least for Virmach's post :)

If there was, be interesting to know how much traffic came direct from links on LET.

Stats are fun.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Traffic on both leb and let was multiple times normal daily average.

• @jbiloh said:

But 10x not much still doesn't add up to a whole lot.

Generalisations aren't really of any use if you're looking to analyse things, you might as well say 'banana on both banana and banana was multiple times banana daily banana'.

Throw us some real figures.

• @Nekki said:

@jbiloh said:

Generalisations aren't really of any use if you're looking to analyse things, you might as well say 'banana on both banana and banana was multiple times banana daily banana'.

It was great! Tremendous, even! We had a lot of traffic. The best traffic. It was YUGE!

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @user123 said:

@Nekki said:

@jbiloh said:

It was great! Tremendous, even! We had a lot of traffic. The best traffic. It was YUGE!

PREMIUM TRAFFIC, SUCH WOW!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Nekki said: Throw us some real figures.

They're as close as you'll get. You know we attract a browser addon heavy crowd. Wouldn't shock me to learn this was off by as much as 1/3.

LEB: https://s.jar.land/mUn2tWG8Oh/

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited November 2016

With @Nekki keeping LET interesting, I didn't even bother checking LEB (Not that I ever do, unless I get rick-rolled to it, anyway).