Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THE OFFICIAL LET 'CYBER MONDAY' OFFERS LEAGUE TABLE - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

THE OFFICIAL LET 'CYBER MONDAY' OFFERS LEAGUE TABLE

Comments

• Ramnode can nick off Inception hosting to the top

• Love cats, couldn't resist the Novice package!

• VortexMagnus said: But because I posted Black Friday dedicated, I can't make a thread here for our $5/yr VPS :(

@Jarland is making exceptions these hot days.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Nekki how does this tickle ya? 64MB KVM for $3/yr from VirMach.. https://virmach.com/special-offers

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @Harambe said:
    @Nekki how does this tickle ya? 64MB KVM for $3/yr from VirMach.. https://virmach.com/special-offers

@Harambe said:

WHat can you even run on 64mb ram?

• YuraYura Member
    edited November 2016

@elofty said:
    WHat can you even run on 64mb ram?

Space Invaders

• would it run a vpn? not that 200gb bandwidth would be enough I suppose

• @elofty said:
    would it run a vpn? not that 200gb bandwidth would be enough I suppose

Should be fine for a few users.

• NEKKI FEELING INCEPTION MAY GO TOP. THOSE HIGH RESOURCE PLANS ARE PEANUTS AND YOU CAN FEEL THE QUALITY.

DOES $1 VPS TRUMP EXCELLENCE?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2016

Nekki said: DOES $1 VPS TRUMP EXCELLENCE?

No

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • DO I HAVE A THIRD TO CARRY THE MOTION?

@Nekki said:

DO I HAVE A THIRD TO CARRY THE MOTION?

Ant's on top in my book. Quality + HOLYFUCKINGRESOURCES.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • MOTION CARRIED.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @jarland check
    Nekki is high on something...All Caps in this whole thread

@Nekki

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    NEKKI FEELING INCEPTION MAY GO TOP. THOSE HIGH RESOURCE PLANS ARE PEANUTS AND YOU CAN FEEL THE QUALITY.

DOES $1 VPS TRUMP EXCELLENCE?

INCEPTION TO THE TOP!

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited November 2016

@Harambe said:

Thanks. Got one, SSH times out :D I'll ping support tomorrow ;)

@deadbeef said:

@Harambe said:

Thanks. Got one, SSH times out :D I'll ping support tomorrow ;)

Login to Solus and check the console.. if you picked a 'meaty' OS, it probably kernel panicked on first boot :P

Debian 7 x86 is running fine (out of their available templates), just needed to add a little more swap.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @Harambe said:
    Login to Solus and check the console.. if you picked a 'meaty' OS, it probably kernel panicked on first boot :P

Debian 7 x86 is running fine (out of their available templates), just needed to add a little more swap.

Ah, that's probably it. I trustingly assumed that all the options on the dropdown where compatible and went with Ubuntu. Thanks!

@deadbeef said:

@Harambe said:

Ah, that's probably it. I trustingly assumed that all the options on the dropdown where compatible and went with Ubuntu. Thanks!

I don't think anyone spent time on these templates to make sure they'll run fine on 64mb.. cough @VirMach cough

Thanked by 2deadbeef ucxo
  • Harambe said: I don't think anyone spent time on these templates to make sure they'll run fine on 64mb.. cough @VirMach cough

POINTS DOCKED

Thanked by 2Harambe deadbeef
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We don't offer any 64MB KVM plans normally, so the OS options are the same as our current lowest plan.

My bad, we'll do a huge sized plan after this to get more points.

• [VirMach said] My bad, we'll do a huge sized plan after this to get more points.

MAN CAME TO PLAY

Thanked by 1deadbeef

@VirMach said:
    We don't offer any 64MB KVM plans normally, so the OS options are the same as our current lowest plan.

My bad, we'll do a huge sized plan after this to get more points.

Wouldn't be opposed to you running through and bumping all of the 64MB ones to 96 or 128MB either ;)

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Harambe said: Wouldn't be opposed to you running through and bumping all of the 64MB ones to 96 or 128MB either ;)

Let's do an "if your OS puts you into kernel panic" upgrade deal. Create a ticket in the Management department and I'll bump anyone up.

Thanked by 2Harambe FrankZ
  • VirMach said: Let's do an "if your OS puts you into kernel panic" upgrade deal. Create a ticket in the Management department and I'll bump anyone up.

MAN CAME TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS

• Ridiculous. TURN OFF THE FUCKING CAPS

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

VirMach said: Let's do an "if your OS puts you into kernel panic" upgrade deal.

Thanked by 2deadbeef netomx

@VirMach said:

Harambe said: Wouldn't be opposed to you running through and bumping all of the 64MB ones to 96 or 128MB either ;)

Let's do an "if your OS puts you into kernel panic" upgrade deal. Create a ticket in the Management department and I'll bump anyone up.

Will do, trying to load Windows Server 2012 and not getting very far ;)

Thanked by 3Hxxx FrankZ Four20
  • Hxxx said: Ridiculous. TURN OFF THE FUCKING CAPS

I CAN'T, I SPIT A JAMAICAN PATTY OVER MY KEYBOARD LAST NIGHT WHEN JEREMY CLARKSON'S TROUSERS FELL DOWN AND IT WON'T TURN OFF

Thanked by 2deadbeef bugrakoc
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2016

If I use the whole 64MB RAM, will I be suspended for shared memory usage abuse?