Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does OVH take to respond to a ticket? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long does OVH take to respond to a ticket?

2»

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

pincushion said: OVH has the worst support I ever had on any similar services.

Unmanaged service, the full managed support cost money as no one is working for free!

• Ovh UK 2 day plus most of the time, Ovh CA within 12 hours most of the within a few hour.

• elwebmaster said: It's not possible unfortunately :( I created two orders for extra IPs accidentally and paid both, they cancelled one but didn't refund me :(

Refunds take 1 week usually.

It's better to call them.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Razza said:
    Ovh UK 2 day plus most of the time, Ovh CA within 12 hours most of the within a few hour.

OVH UK is now much better, I still prefer the phone support.

• They just list a French national number 1007 for support. Outside of France do I just dial +331007 or I need to get a French VoIP service like ippi in order to call this number?

• Figured it out, here is the number if anybody else is looking: +33972101007

• netenginetengi Member, Host Rep

18 days ... I wait answer

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@wlambrechts said:

@gustavargas said:
    I have a public cloud vps and a storage container and always reply in about 2hrs.

Im registered in ovh us (panel ca.ovh.com)

I have the impression support in Canada is much faster than in France

Just depends on the timezone. If you have an urgent problem (server down) you can DM their French support Twitter and they'll contact someone who can help fast.

• The longest period that OVH took to answer one of my tickets is still ongoing since weeks. Shortest time for a real resolution was 72h. OVH sucks.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited November 2016

@Amitz said:
    The longest period that OVH took to answer one of my tickets is still ongoing since weeks. Shortest time for a real resolution was 72h. OVH sucks.

What do you expect for a budget host, Ovh is quite good host for hardware, network and price wise it's good when it all work's fine but when the shit hit's the fan they can be hopeless slow at ticketing and fixing the issue's.

• Well, my Hetzner servers (for example) are cheaper than the OVH stuff. Budget, too. But still I have no reason to complain. OVH is really very special when it comes to support.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

Get business support for production use, they reply within 15-30 minutes; otherwise 24-48 hrs on average.

• i heard the support guys from ovh have to hand-knit every support tickets sentences into a blanket and only after octave slept a well night by using the blanket they will answer your ticket.

Thanked by 1elwebmaster
  • With OVH (CA) they usually answer me within 45-60 minutes during the week.

• meansmeans Member
    edited November 2016

About 48 hours (work day)

• Finally I opened a PayPal dispute. OVH is impossible to contact. The call goes on hold and drops after a few minutes. Tickets are never answered. Email is never answered. PayPal messages are never answered. I understand they are ultra-low-cost but when there is a billing problem I expect they will be reachable given enough time (one month in this case). The contrary is equivalent of a cashier in a big store taking your money and running away with the change because they are "too busy" to get back to you.

• They have too many blacklisted IPs as well.. and refuse to give you a new IP/server after issuing it to you. Apparently the only way to get one from Kimsufi is by buying another server and not renewing one.. assuming your new purchase does not have a blacklisted IP. They stall and keep asking you to do things you never should have or have control over.. until you give up.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

I had an ticket open since last month , still no reply ! , thought i made another ticket recently and they replied it after 4days and asked about the old ticket number !

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Ticket needs long at OVH.
    Make a phone call, OP.

• @HostSlick said:
    Ticket needs long at OVH.
    Make a phone call, OP.

Phone call drops after a few minutes on hold.

• You DON'T get what you DON'T pay for.

• Used to take around 2-3 days per reply when I had a server with them. If you call them they'll more than likely tell you to wait for a reply / open a ticket than help you. That's with the French support anyway.

• sinsin Member
    edited December 2016

With OVH CA (on their VPS plans, not dedicated) I usually just call and you get connected almost immediately to someone and tickets answered the same day usually. On the Kimsufi line with OVH.ie ticket responses have been within 24 hours during business days Mon-Fri for me.

• My problem is with OVH.fr

• That is why when you host you should always not to go to very big guys and not to go to very small company. Both suck. And that is what happens when all people think is cheap and cheap

• Yesterday they replied my Black Friday ticket

• I think OVH.fr is slow, canadian one is a bit faster.