Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does OVH take to respond to a ticket?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long does OVH take to respond to a ticket?

I haven't had to use their support before, but now it's been over 24 hours and ticket still hasn't been looked at. Is it normal?

Comments

• yes

• OVH has the worst support I ever had on any similar services.

• How long should I expect?

• If there automated system detects anything, usually pretty quick. If it's a ticket, then it really depends on the brand you're with, but yeah that is normal.

Your best bet is googling your way through it if possible.

• @Riz said:
    If there automated system detects anything, usually pretty quick. If it's a ticket, then it really depends on the brand you're with, but yeah that is normal.

Your best bet is googling your way through it if possible.

It's not possible unfortunately :( I created two orders for extra IPs accidentally and paid both, they cancelled one but didn't refund me :(

• Or try to call them ... for german Support its works great

• @Marcel40625 said:
    Or try to call them ... for german Support its works great

I think I'll just wait it out hopefully it gets resolved in a week or two. It's not an outage or anything but still I would like to make sure they don't run away with my money lol

• @Marcel40625 is right - I would call. I had to call SYS one time and had someone on the phone in just a couple minutes.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

@elwebmaster said:

@Marcel40625 said:

I think I'll just wait it out hopefully it gets resolved in a week or two. It's not an outage or anything but still I would like to make sure they don't run away with my money lol

It won't be a week or two. If it wasn't urgent and you're fine with waiting a week, why did you even post a thread. If it's urgent call them, if not wait 6-48 hours.

• @MikeA said:

@elwebmaster said:

@Marcel40625 said:

It won't be a week or two. If it wasn't urgent and you're fine with waiting a week, why did you even post a thread. If it's urgent call them, if not wait 6-48 hours.

I posted a thread because it's the first time I experience such slow support (granted I don't need support that often). I was worried that may be my ticket somehow got lost in the busy blackfriday. Now I learnt it's normal so I will just wait. Thank you.

• Call them or u wait looong time ... the cant handle the amount of tickets

• Try calling. I get someone on the phone within 5 minutes.

• What number do I call for the French site?

• GCatGCat Member
    edited November 2016

11/08/2013: Unanswered

Thanked by 1elwebmaster
  • Last time my ticket took 21 days for someone to answer, but as soon as they answered, it was resolved pretty quick, like 15 minutes to replace my dead hdd, re-installed the OS and handed over back to me.

• @elwebmaster said:
    What number do I call for the French site?

if you are not able to find it by yourself on their site, just cancel the server.

Thanked by 1doughnet
  • in recent 3 months, they have never responded my tickets...

• @pincushion said:
    OVH has the worst support I ever had on any similar services.

On the other hand, I found that their support is pretty darn helpful. The response also most of the time, pretty fast (less than 24 hours). Esp. compared to online.net, I found that OVH actually give much better experience. But, I think everyone mileage would vary.

• I'm still waiting for them to update an order. It was delivered (received the emails) but I can't see the VPSs in the panel, anyone having this problem ?

• When I need support, I usually get a reply within one day (Dutch support/NL).

• I have a unanswered tocket at SYS since june 2015. hope till 2018 will get an answer.

• 99 year

• @dotted said:
    I'm still waiting for them to update an order. It was delivered (received the emails) but I can't see the VPSs in the panel, anyone having this problem ?

Did you receive email with login credentials to your vps? Last time I order vps, it took long time. I create ticket, and they bring vps to my panel

• I had a similar issue with some IP blocks I ordered, it took them between 24-48 hours to apply the amount to my account's credit, that is ovh.com normal reply for any department.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

In my experience OVH (Actual OVH products) takes between 30 minutes and 5 days to respond with absolutely no good reason for big delays offered.

But you know, they are cheap as hell, so something has to give sometimes, you should have expected that.

• And it's a weekend...never expect sales replies from a cheap unmanaged provider in the weekend.

• mik997mik997 Member
    edited November 2016

+1 in my experience 1-2 business days response to tickets

if it's urgent lift the phone ;)

• I have a public cloud vps and a storage container and always reply in about 2hrs.

Im registered in ovh us (panel ca.ovh.com)

• @gustavargas said:
    I have a public cloud vps and a storage container and always reply in about 2hrs.

Im registered in ovh us (panel ca.ovh.com)

I have the impression support in Canada is much faster than in France

• We always get a response within 30mins and we pay ovh a chunk per year.