Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Dedibox 4.99€ Black Friday Special - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Dedibox 4.99€ Black Friday Special

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Nomad said: I wonder if I should submit a ticket regarding the HDD.

With 19 MB/sec, yes you should. But I'm afraid they will only offer you a refund.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • When they were available for 10,99 Euro without setup fees for 2 weeks then nobody ordered and now you're complaining you can't get one for 4,99 Euro.

No one here got 240 GB SSD ?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Spacedust said: When they were available for 10,99 Euro without setup fees for 2 weeks then nobody ordered and now you're complaining you can't get one for 4,99 Euro.

And? There's a difference between 10.99 and 4.99.

Thanked by 3Jorbox vpsGOD default
  • @rm_ said:

Nomad said: I wonder if I should submit a ticket regarding the HDD.

With 19 MB/sec, yes you should. But I'm afraid they will only offer you a refund.

I did...

Appearantly the only test they do is hdparm test.

hdparm -Tt /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
     Timing cached reads:   3682 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1841.40 MB/sec
     Timing buffered disk reads: 684 MB in  3.00 seconds = 227.76 MB/sec

They tell me it's OK. Even after I sent them tests from a few SAS, SATA, SSD VPS'es as well as a Kimsufi SATA box. They all multiplied the result a few times but when I sent them those, they said they can send the hdd to hardware service if I want, but then again, they'll run the same test anyway :S

How can I make them believe there's something wrong here?
    Whether it's the Firmware, Chassis, Cables or SSD Drive itself, there's something wrong for sure...

• CdoeCdoe Member
    edited November 2016

@BotoX said:
    "pure coincidence"

scums.

• $trolling="on"

Yes. It's just a coincidence. Let's not insinuate most of those 499 servers were taken by OneProvider, official distributor of Online.net. This is just "pure coincidence" like stated.

$trolling="off"

Thank you for the information.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Oh no, I miss it

• @didtav said:
    Oh no, I miss it

No, you did not miss anything. There was no offer, only a big fat scam. Nobody on IRC, LET or Twitter managed to get it, because there were only downtimes, Nginx errors and maintenance pages. In the end, an announcement on Twitter said everything was sold in 6 minutes, mocking all people who tried to get that special offer with a countdown.

So do not worry. You did not miss anything, only a big joke from Online.net.

• There was no scam - I'm already moving from Dedibox Limited 43816 to BlackFriday 2016 SSD to save another 6 Euro per month ;)

• @Spacedust said:
    There was no scam - I'm already moving from Dedibox Limited 43816 to BlackFriday 2016 SSD to save another 6 Euro per month ;)

Good for you. Enjoy.

• How is Oneprovider? Hows the Paris france datacenter that they are offering for the c2750 server? Windows install possible ? Needed one.

• @partymonger said:
    How is Oneprovider? Hows the Paris france datacenter that they are offering for the c2750 server? Windows install possible ? Needed one.

Oneprovider is official reseller of Online.net services. It takes offers from Online.net and resell them for profit. It bought a lot of Kidechire from Online.net in the pas (and still sells them with a higher value) and now did the same with Black Friday 2016 offer. It's same datacenters (from Iliad) located in France, Paris, sold by Oneprovider reseller, from Online.net.

• @default said:

@partymonger said:
    How is Oneprovider? Hows the Paris france datacenter that they are offering for the c2750 server? Windows install possible ? Needed one.

Oneprovider is official reseller of Online.net services. It takes offers from Online.net and resell them for profit. It bought a lot of Kidechire from Online.net in the pas (and still sells them with a higher value) and now did the same with Black Friday 2016 offer. It's same datacenters (from Iliad) located in France, Paris, sold by Oneprovider reseller, from Online.net.

Thanks I got one out of pure dispair. My first dedicated server. Same price as the Online.net limited deal and no setup cost. Will check for cyber money deals if I dont get any better this can stay :D They say it will take upto 3 days to provision it.

Now to find how to bench server (any leads?) and install windows on it via the recent thread of windows images. It says server has IPMI and 1gbps connection.

• Now we know who bought the 499 servers ...

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • @wlambrechts said:
    Now we know who bought the 499 servers ...

6m

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @partymonger said:

@default said:

@partymonger said:

Thanks I got one out of pure dispair. My first dedicated server. Same price as the Online.net limited deal and no setup cost. Will check for cyber money deals if I dont get any better this can stay :D They say it will take upto 3 days to provision it.

Now to find how to bench server (any leads?) and install windows on it via the recent thread of windows images. It says server has IPMI and 1gbps connection.

Yeah I got one too, possibly Online.Net windows templates work?

• @vladka24 said:

Yeah Im thinking of using the same. Server not provisioned yet

• If anyone wants one, I impulse buy one, have no use for it

• @GCat said:
    If anyone wants one, I impulse buy one, have no use for it

"BlackFriday 2016" or "BlackFriday 2016 SSD?" :p

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited November 2016

@GCat said:

If SSD, which size did you get ?

• xethostxethost Member, Patron Provider

I missed it. :/

• @xethost said:
    I missed it. :/

Everyone but oneprovider missed it afaik.

• Took their support staff a bit of work ("You ordered this server whereas there was no more available. I transmit this ticket to the concerned team to find a solution.") but finally got mine ("delivered in 16 hours and 2 minutes" LOL)

• BlackFriday or April fools? Such a cool deal

• @GCat said:

If it's the 1TB one, I'll take it. That is, if it is even possible to transfer it to another account in the first place.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@GCat said:

Otherwise I'll take it, SSD or spinning HDD, just PM me

• Marcel40625Marcel40625 Member
    edited November 2016

Its not possible to move the Server to another user:

Thanked by 1GCat
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

Maybe I can just take over @GCat's account? ;)

• @partymonger said:

@vladka24 said:

Yeah Im thinking of using the same. Server not provisioned yet

Yeah just got mine, and yes it works. And wow the server is fast.