Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm thinking of setting up a free LET service. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm thinking of setting up a free LET service.

13»

Comments

• @HalfEatenPie said: BlueVM has stock. They currently have OpenVZ Stock.

As for everything else, good luck, but the way you talk to other people just turns me away from a service like this and basically shows how "trustworthy" you are.

Just noticed, thanks.

I'm not here providing something critical, I'm just offering basic hosting for free on top of a decent provider.
    Don't get me wrong, but I'm not going to argue against people who think this is a bad idea, I'm offering a service "as is". I don't expect anyone to give me anything that is super private/critical. And I have no reason to snoop around anyone's files, nothing to gain and I wouldn't.

But if you think, that just because I'm not being formal about it means that I'm some kind of crook or something, then that's your opinion. There's nothing I can do to change it, and I don't see why I should change it.

I'm just providing a free service that some people might find useful.

• In the spirit of LET... get your account and let it idle.

• Oh lawd, virtualmin can only use nginx with fastcgi.

Anyone knows any other alternatives?

• ShadosShados Member

@superpilesos said: and why would people trust a random troll with their private mails?

Well, most people trust Google with their email, and they've outright stated that they analyze both the emails you write and the ones you receive and then use the information commercially, so it's not like your email is all that 'private' to begin with.

That said, think I'll stick with FastMail, thanks.

• So anyone knows of an alternative software for this?

Unless you would want me adding your email/password manually.

• there are some scripts to use with cpanel, or the 10min mail service, but do it longer, 1 day or 1 month.

• I'm not using cpanel. And I will not use it.

• novicenovice Member
    edited December 2013

I think LETer can build a repo site for unofficial but LETer's contribuild rpm/deb site...

• I won't be using it. I'm interested in ideas such as the somewhat recent sicomail launch, you can get inspiration from their project. Just Google it for more information. Oh, never mind, added a link for sicomail above ;)
    A fairly simple concept. I will test it on one of my servers in the near future, but only for myself and a few friends.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Necropost