Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The 'Let's complain about how shit the Black Friday offers are' thread - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The 'Let's complain about how shit the Black Friday offers are' thread

Comments

• I'm impressed by the number of times @rm_ has managed to vote in the poll.

Thanked by 2lbft Falzo
  • @mehargags said:
    LET has lost its glorious days of "good" offers already... can't really see any good players up for offers past many months.

That's because the "good players" don't need LET anymore, they're established companies that don't need reviews to get sales. Example, Ramnode & BuyVM to name a few.

Thanked by 2MikePT bacloud
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2016
  • ehabehab Member
    edited November 2016

@Nekki said:
    I'm impressed by the number of times @rm_ has managed to vote in the poll.

i wonder does he get hit by each vote? @rm_ tell us you are in one piece?

1. Pingdom discount. Their prices are ridiculous anyways! (Suggest an alternative?)
    2. All Non-recurring deals. Thanks, but no thanks.
    3. OVH threats to raise prices.
    4. Offers where provider "forgets" to disclose a trivial detail, such as: shitty network, crazy ToS.
    5. Are there gonna be better deals on Cyber Monday or not?
    Thanked by 1Four20
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

ATHK said: That's because the "good players" don't need LET anymore, they're established companies that don't need reviews to get sales. Example, Ramnode & BuyVM to name a few.

Who knew @Nick_A and @Francisco were so snobby now? Breaks my heart, especially coming at this time of year.

But we'll probably forgive them when we see the amazing deals they unleash on Friday.

Thanked by 2Nick_A MikePT
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

ATHK said: That's because the "good players" don't need LET anymore, they're established companies that don't need reviews to get sales. Example, Ramnode & BuyVM to name a few.

Who knew @Nick_A and @Francisco were so snobby now? Breaks my heart, especially coming at this time of year.

But we'll probably forgive them when we see the amazing deals they unleash on Friday.

Indubitably.

Anyway, we've never been one for doing Black Friday deals. With that being said, our slices are awesome and very well priced :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

raindog308 said: Who knew @Nick_A and @Francisco were so snobby now? Breaks my heart, especially coming at this time of year.

We'll probably put something on Twitter tomorrow. Trying to save some hardware for the new system though.

Thanked by 3MikePT colingpt mik997
  • Make it recurring or don't even bother with giving a discount

• Robinson Crusoe loves Black Friday

• Cause... You know... Nobody need to cover business expenses... right? smh

@newfulluser said:
    Make it recurring or don't even bother with giving a discount

• @Hxxx said:
    Cause... You know... Nobody need to cover business expenses... right? smh

@newfulluser said:

Non-recurring deals are like 6'5" tall fat women - unattractive. But somebody needs to commit to them... right?

Thanked by 2Hxxx Waldo19
  • @newfulluser said:

Better still, make it free or don't even bother.

• @Nekki said:

@newfulluser said:

Better still, make it free or don't even bother.

Free is too expensive, you should pay the user for purchasing a service.

Thanked by 3Hxxx MikePT switsys
  • @Yura said:
    like 6'5" tall fat women - unattractive. But somebody needs to commit to them... right?

Erm, why?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Better still, make it free or don't even bother.

You expect me to use somone's systems for free?

Having a marquee customer like me doesn't come cheap.

Thanked by 3deadbeef Hxxx rds100
  • apidevlabapidevlab Member
    edited November 2016

It's been a Black Friday week here in the UK :( relentless... Imagine 'Cyber Monday' will run until at least 3/4 Dec

• YuraYura Member
    edited November 2016

@deadbeef said:

@Yura said:
    like 6'5" tall fat women - unattractive. But somebody needs to commit to them... right?

Erm, why?

Because they are physically stronger and blackmail you with VPN logs of visiting really weird hentai sites? [Totally fictional story, don't pity me :( ]

Non-recurring incentive is nothing compared to that! I rest my case.

• Nekki said: I like to complain about Black Friday deals because...

There's no Black Friday for strip clubs :(

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @telephone said:

Nekki said: I like to complain about Black Friday deals because...

There's no Black Friday for strip clubs :(

Depends what you class as old stock

• Get 2 months Free!

.....if you pay for 48 months.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Amitz said:

@MrGeneral said:
    TBH I haven't seen anything that caught my attention...

Really? Nothing for free? ;)
    @raindog308 said:

MrGeneral said: TBH I haven't seen anything that caught my attention...

Don't sugarcoat it for us.

Even paid... Nothing exciting yet...

@cociu said:

MrGeneral said: MrGeneral

do you have any black friday ?

hahahaha

We will have a deal :)

@Nekki said:

Foul said: Would a free 4GB RAM KVM with 100GB HDD for three months make you cuntasticful happy Nekki? (Hosted in dallas)

Not really, I have no use for something like that. El Cheapo will probably take your arm off though.

Considering I get bored after running benchmarks on those... 1 day would be enough hehe.

@Nick_A said:

raindog308 said: Who knew @Nick_A and @Francisco were so snobby now? Breaks my heart, especially coming at this time of year.

We'll probably put something on Twitter tomorrow. Trying to save some hardware for the new system though.

Could you please let us know a little bit more about it? It'll be openstack right? Will you migrate all VMs to it? Any custom panel for front end?

• I can't seems to find black friday deals that can beat ovh/sys/kimi regular pricing.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

Edit: Dammit. Wrong thread. I suck.

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited November 2016

I'll admit I'm only here for really good deals, fuck paying normal low end pricing and HDDs

This is what LET has come to, no more fair pricing products, only 1$ oversold ssd vpses are welcome

• @zafouhar said:

Finally, the correct request! That's next stage of LET evolution: providers competing to pay more to customers who would risk to use those pathetic offers.

"Well, if you add 32GB of RAM, and at least 1TB of SSD space, and pay me $45 monthly, I will take your dedicated server".

• It is not as of yet Friday !!

• @Master_Bo said:

@zafouhar said:

Finally, the correct request! That's next stage of LET evolution: providers competing to pay more to customers who would risk to use those pathetic offers.

"Well, if you add 32GB of RAM, and at least 1TB of SSD space, and pay me $45 monthly, I will take your dedicated server".

Exactly the way that the requests at LET are going we should see this type of request within 2017 for sure.

This discussion has been closed.